• 276(current)
Release Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus
(2022-01-13, 14:03)robertlaing Wrote: Is there anyway you could make the time on the tmdb info page be the same as the main movie list and the movie info page?

@robertlaing , unfortunately, there is nothing I can do about that, since that is the information that the addon script.embuary.info is getting from tmdb.  I am just displaying what the addon gets.  It seems that tmdb rounds up the duration on their site.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
Main HTPC: Intel Core i7, 32GB, nVidia GTX1080, Windows 11 Soundbar: Samsung HW-Q950A TV: LG CX Kodi: 19.3 Skin: Amber
(2022-01-13, 03:20)dawsonjw Wrote: Thanks for fixing that. It looks good now. Actually one thing I have noticed about this page which relates to the 3 buttons at the bottom of the page. The Skin Settings button just seems to clear the typing and reset the page back to default. If that is what it is doing probably a more apt title might be Reset to Default or something similar. Just a thought.

@dawsonjw, thanks for pointing that out.  I must be displaying the wrong label for that button.  I will fix that today.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
Main HTPC: Intel Core i7, 32GB, nVidia GTX1080, Windows 11 Soundbar: Samsung HW-Q950A TV: LG CX Kodi: 19.3 Skin: Amber
(2022-01-13, 14:14)bsoriano Wrote: @robertlaing , unfortunately, there is nothing I can do about that, since that is the information that the addon script.embuary.info is getting from tmdb.  I am just displaying what the addon gets.  It seems that tmdb rounds up the duration on their site.
Hi Bart,

Thanks for explaining that! No problem.

One other thing I have noticed regards the music player.

So, when I am in a playlist and go to the music player, the osd appears. However, this osd shows as incompleted, ie: the play, pause, fast forward etc buttons are not shown.

This incompleted osd stays around for about 10 seconds then disappears.

If when this incompleted osd is still showing I press the ok button, the play, pause, fast forward etc buttons will show. When I then press return the play, pause, fast forward etc buttons disappear. Then if I leave it again for around 10 seconds the incompleted osd will disappear.

However, if when this incompleted osd is still showing I press the ok button, the play, pause, fast forward etc buttons will show, as described above. If I then leave it, the completed osd will remain on screen. If I then leave it long enough, when I press return, the whole osd will go off.

Then when I press the ok button I get the completed osd back up.

This is in contrast to when I play a movie. The movie comes on without an osd, and to get the osd I need to press the ok button. This is great, and works really well.

Is there anyway that you could have a look at this and allow the music player to come up initially without an osd (just like it does when a movie first plays)? Then it would just be a case of pressing the ok button to bring up the completed osd, just like it does when playing a movie? Alternatively, it would look just as good if the music player came up with a completed osd, and it would be just a case of pressing return to take the osd off.

On another note, I wonder if you could display the media flags for the music on the osd just like you do in the movie osd?

Once again, thank you very much for your time.

Kind regards,
Robert.
(2022-01-13, 14:51)robertlaing Wrote: Is there anyway that you could have a look at this and allow the music player to come up initially without an osd (just like it does when a movie first plays)? Then it would just be a case of pressing the ok button to bring up the completed osd, just like it does when playing a movie? Alternatively, it would look just as good if the music player came up with a completed osd, and it would be just a case of pressing return to take the osd off.

@robertlaing , this is not an error or design choice.  Kodi shows song information (not the OSD) for 10 seconds at the start of each song;  I do not know of a way to bypass that.  You can change the duration of this using an advancedsettings.xml file.

I will look into adding the media flags to the music OSD.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
Hi Bart,

Thank you for explaining that so clearly, the way in which this functions now makes sense to me!
I will look into using a advancedsettings.xml file.

Thanks once again.

Kind regards,
Robert.
Hi Bart,

Just thinking about this - is there anyway you could add an option to allow the music osd to come up automatically when first going into the music player?

Kind regards,
Robert.
(2022-01-13, 15:32)robertlaing Wrote: I will look into using a advancedsettings.xml file.

@robertlaing , you will need to create one yourself, and place it in the userdata (https://kodi.wiki/view/Userdata) folder.  For example, in mine I have set the interval to show song info to 5 seconds:

xml:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>
<advancedsettings>    
    <songinfoduration>5</songinfoduration>
</advancedsettings>

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
Hi Bart,

I am certainly keeping you busy today!

With respect, I was wondering if you could have a look at these navigational issues I have encountered?

Firstly, when I am in a main menu (ie: movies, tv shows,music etc) and I press down to access the sub menu below, I find that the cursor lands on random sub menu items.

I have worked this out, and it appears that, for example, if I go to movies - press down to access the sub menu - go extreme left to 'in progress' - then come out of movies - go into tv shows - press down to access the sub menu - the cursor automatically goes to the extreme left item in my sub menu.

It seems the skin is remembering where in the sub menu I last was in a previous sub menu and putting me automatically there.

Is there anyway you could change that so regardlesss of where I have been in a previous sub menu the cursor will automatically land on the middle item of the next sub menu I enter?

Secondly, using the same exampe as above: if I go to movies - press down to access the sub menu - go extreme left to 'in progress' - check the movie out in here - when I return I expect my cursor to return to 'in progress' in the sub menu, but it doesn't - it lands on the main menu title (ie: movies).

Would you be able to correct this so when I return from checking out a sub menu I return to the appropriate sub menu button?

Finally, in the shelves in movies and tv shows, when I go onto a shelf and choose an item and go inot this item, when I return my cursor returns to the item in the shelf.
However, in music when I do the same, my cursor returns to the main title (ie:music).

Is there anyway you could correct this so that this acts in the same wasy as it does in movies and tv shows?

As ever, many thanks and kind regards,
Robert.
(2022-01-13, 16:44)bsoriano Wrote: @robertlaing , you will need to create one yourself, and place it in the userdata (https://kodi.wiki/view/Userdata) folder.  For example, in mine I have set the interval to show song info to 5 seconds:

xml:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>
<advancedsettings>    
    <songinfoduration>5</songinfoduration>
</advancedsettings>
Hi Bart,

Thanks for this!

I have done this for 0 seconds - and it flashes on and off very quickly. Then I press ok and the whole song info and osd comes up.
It's better, but I wish Kodi had an option to have the info to come on or off when entering the player!

Kind regards,
Robert
(2022-01-13, 15:43)robertlaing Wrote: Just thinking about this - is there anyway you could add an option to allow the music osd to come up automatically when first going into the music player?

@robertlaing , I have not come up with a reliable way of doing this.  I will not be adding this option.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
(2022-01-13, 17:03)robertlaing Wrote: Firstly, when I am in a main menu (ie: movies, tv shows,music etc) and I press down to access the sub menu below, I find that the cursor lands on random sub menu items.

I have worked this out, and it appears that, for example, if I go to movies - press down to access the sub menu - go extreme left to 'in progress' - then come out of movies - go into tv shows - press down to access the sub menu - the cursor automatically goes to the extreme left item in my sub menu.

It seems the skin is remembering where in the sub menu I last was in a previous sub menu and putting me automatically there.

Is there anyway you could change that so regardlesss of where I have been in a previous sub menu the cursor will automatically land on the middle item of the next sub menu I enter?

Secondly, using the same exampe as above: if I go to movies - press down to access the sub menu - go extreme left to 'in progress' - check the movie out in here - when I return I expect my cursor to return to 'in progress' in the sub menu, but it doesn't - it lands on the main menu title (ie: movies).

Would you be able to correct this so when I return from checking out a sub menu I return to the appropriate sub menu button?

Finally, in the shelves in movies and tv shows, when I go onto a shelf and choose an item and go inot this item, when I return my cursor returns to the item in the shelf.
However, in music when I do the same, my cursor returns to the main title (ie:music).

Is there anyway you could correct this so that this acts in the same wasy as it does in movies and tv shows?
@robertlaing , unfortunately, I will not be able to change any of these navigational issues that you mentioned.

1.  Once you leave the Home window (when you click on a submenu item), and you come back to it, the default control for that window is focused.  This default control is the main menu, and I wish it to remain like that, so you will always come back to the main menu after clicking on any submenu option.

2.  Kodi, not the skin, remembers the position that you were in for a particular control/container.  The submenu is just one container with a single id, even though each main menu item has submenu items independent of the other main menu items.  Since the submenu is a single container, you will find that Kodi remembers where you are in that container.  As far as I know, I cannot change that.

3.  For the shelves, I cannot replicate the issue that you mention with Music shelves.  Could you please list the exact sequence of steps that you are following, including letting me know which specific shelves you are using, whether you are using two or three shelves together, have show shelves info on or not and whether you are using the horizontal or vertical menu?  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
(2022-01-13, 21:21)bsoriano Wrote: 3.  For the shelves, I cannot replicate the issue that you mention with Music shelves.  Could you please list the exact sequence of steps that you are following, including letting me know which specific shelves you are using, whether you are using two or three shelves together, have show shelves info on or not and whether you are using the horizontal or vertical menu?  Thanks.
Hi Bart,

Thanks again for your time.

In answer to your question above:

I have the horizontal view.

In the music I have one shelf - recently added albums.

I don't have the show shelves info on.

I go into the shelf, then click on an album. It shows the tracks. When I come back out it doesn't return to the album, it goes to the main menu title (ie: music).

Another thing I have noticed is that when I use the search in the main menu, if I do a search which brings back multiple results, I have found that when I click into a director and look at his films, the whole search result list becomes corrupted.

I tested this by bringing back a search result with one director only (ie: an exact match to the director's name) and it did the same.

Also, when I go into any of the results with a return button (with an arrow on), it counts the return button as an item of the search. So, for example, if I have 12 movies, it says I have 13 movies as it counts the return button as a movie.

Thanks once again.
Kind regards,
Bart.
@robertlaing, thank you for continuing to test and use the skin. For the issues that you mention with search, please post the exact steps you are taking, as well as screenshots, since I am not really understanding the problems. Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
@robertlaing, in terms of going back to the album on a shelf, the same concept of the main menu being the default control of the home window applies. If you leave the home window (go into an album's tracks), and come back to it, the default control will be focused. In the case of the home window, the main menu will be focused.

I am not planning on changing this.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
Hi Bart,

Thanks for your replies.

I will try to write out a step by step list of how I have approached the search issue.

1. I go to SEARCH in the main menu (horizontal menu).

2. In the pop up seach box I type in, for example "Smith".

3. The Search results appear, with the categories (such as actors, movies, albums, directors etc) showing in a vertical list on the left hand side.

4. In all catagories except the directors category, I go in, can look at the search results and when I am done, I am able to return out and return the cursor to the vertical search result categories.

5. When I go into the directors category and look at the search results in there, I am unable to return to the search category list. The cursor seems to become "confused" and the vertical list of the search categories does not show.

Give it a try and hopefully you will find the same problem.

Kind regards,
Robert.
  • 276(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus5