• 33(current)
Release Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus
I have the problem that after the screensaver is started (when the screen dims), the screen does not get bright again when I press some buttons, until I go to the settings menu. I'm not sure the problem lies in the Amber skin, but I think it started after updating a few versions ago. Can someone verify for me they have the same problem or not? Thanks!
(2019-07-20, 21:40)Cyberdom Wrote: I've seen how to manually edit the certification of a movie in the Kodi database by putting "France:12" instead of "Rated 12" for example.
My scraper for movies (The Movie Database) automatically puts me "Rated U" or "Rated 12".
Is there a way that when scanning a movie it automatically put me "France:U" or "France:12" instead of "Rated U" or "Rated 12"?
I did not find anything in the settings of the scraper.

Thanks in advance.

Universal Movie Scraper has this option. It's also support another ratings like Rotten Tomatoes and Metacritic (but you need an OMDb API key for this).
Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious! (inscribed in large friendly letters)
My hardware is a Raspberry Pi 3b (with LibreELEC)
(2019-07-20, 21:56)Marzullad Wrote: I have the problem that after the screensaver is started (when the screen dims), the screen does not get bright again when I press some buttons, until I go to the settings menu. I'm not sure the problem lies in the Amber skin, but I think it started after updating a few versions ago. Can someone verify for me they have the same problem or not? Thanks!

I'm getting this too here. I don't know if this is of Amber or Kodi. I was think that is Kodi, but don't know now.
(2019-07-20, 22:04)edjalmo Wrote:
(2019-07-20, 21:56)Marzullad Wrote: I have the problem that after the screensaver is started (when the screen dims), the screen does not get bright again when I press some buttons, until I go to the settings menu. I'm not sure the problem lies in the Amber skin, but I think it started after updating a few versions ago. Can someone verify for me they have the same problem or not? Thanks!

I'm getting this too here. I don't know if this is of Amber or Kodi. I was think that is Kodi, but don't know now.

Could you please try a different skin to see if you have the same issue and let me know? Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
(2019-07-20, 22:02)edjalmo Wrote:
(2019-07-20, 21:40)Cyberdom Wrote: I've seen how to manually edit the certification of a movie in the Kodi database by putting "France:12" instead of "Rated 12" for example.
My scraper for movies (The Movie Database) automatically puts me "Rated U" or "Rated 12".
Is there a way that when scanning a movie it automatically put me "France:U" or "France:12" instead of "Rated U" or "Rated 12"?
I did not find anything in the settings of the scraper.

Thanks in advance.

Universal Movie Scraper has this option. It's also support another ratings like Rotten Tomatoes and Metacritic (but you need an OMDb API key for this). 
Thank you for the information.
(2019-07-20, 22:28)bsoriano Wrote:
(2019-07-20, 22:04)edjalmo Wrote:

Could you please try a different skin to see if you have the same issue and let me know? Thanks.

Regards,

Bart  
I checked here with Estuary skin and the same happened! So, not a problem with Amber.
This is really weird, started a few days ago.
Hello all,

As you might have noticed from the first post, I have completed my To-Do list for Amber.  So at this time, the skin has all of the functionality I initially wanted it to have.  

Now it is time for feature requests.  I would like you to submit any and all feature requests you might have for the skin.  I cannot promise I will do them all, but I will consider each one carefully, and I will answer each post.

Some of my own ideas to add are the following:

• Movie and TV show suggestions based on watched items (this as a widget)
  • Similar movies/tv shows to the current item (I am thinking in the info dialog for a movie or tv show)
  • Jump to letter in media views (useful for large collections)

What do you think? Please share your feedback and requests.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
(2019-07-17, 10:58)bsoriano Wrote:
(2019-07-17, 06:17)juleke147 Wrote:
(2019-07-16, 20:32)bsoriano Wrote: @juleke147, what exactly are you trying to do? Do you want two different shelves for your tv shows and one of them to be Next Episodes? Or do you want Next Episodes to occupy both rows? By the way, since shelf navigation is done by pressing Up, when you use “two shelves together”, shelf 1 is the bottom row and shelf 2 is the top row.

Please let me know exactly what you want to do, so I can better help you. Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
i found it thx
can i go back to the previous amber version? i'm old fashion and when i used to something, i don't like to change Smile
Sure, since it has not been updated in the Kodi repo yet, you can update it from there, and if you installed the Amber repo, uninstall it. You will also have to turn off auto-update for the skin, so that it does not get updated when this version is accepted in the Kodi repo.

I am sorry this new version did not suit your needs, and I am here if you require any further assistance.

Regards,

Bart 
no no i'm verry gratefull for al the good work you do for the amber skin. for me it's the best skin for kodi.
(2019-07-21, 18:59)bsoriano Wrote: Now it is time for feature requests.  I would like you to submit any and all feature requests you might have for the skin.  I cannot promise I will do them all, but I will consider each one carefully, and I will answer each post.
I remember that in older versions of Amber for Kodi 15 or 16, the music view was able to display the cover of an album in a dynamic way.
When playing a song, the album art did not remain fixed. She changed sides every 10 or 20 seconds.
It would be nice to find this element in this new version of Amber.

Congratulations on upgrading Amber and making it compatible with Kodi Leia Wink .
(2019-07-21, 22:42)Cyberdom Wrote:
(2019-07-21, 18:59)bsoriano Wrote: Now it is time for feature requests.  I would like you to submit any and all feature requests you might have for the skin.  I cannot promise I will do them all, but I will consider each one carefully, and I will answer each post.
I remember that in older versions of Amber for Kodi 15 or 16, the music view was able to display the cover of an album in a dynamic way.
When playing a song, the album art did not remain fixed. She changed sides every 10 or 20 seconds.
It would be nice to find this element in this new version of Amber.

Congratulations on upgrading Amber and making it compatible with Kodi Leia Wink
@Cyberdom , thanks! I don't think I have seen that before.  Are you sure this was a skin function and not an addon doing this? I will nevertheless take a look at the Isengard/Jarvis skin code.

Regards,

Bart
Well done on all the work you have done Bart. You really have done an excellent job on this skin. Kudos!

I see they just recently merged your PR into leia too. Hopefully it shows up in the official repo today.

(2019-07-21, 18:59)bsoriano Wrote: Jump to letter in media views (useful for large collections)
This would be a real lifesaver. With over 3k movies, it's a pain when I'm looking at the entire list to get from G to S. A skiplist of letters (perhaps to the right of the current skiplist) would be fantastic.

Eg. movie highlighted -> press right -> skiplist highlighted -> press right -> letter skiplist highlighted on the current letter.

It could also work on the left of the movie list so I can go right to page up/page down quickly or left to jump by letter.

I'm thinking particularly of list/lowlist views but I guess it works for all views.

Thanks very much!
Adam.
(2019-07-21, 18:59)bsoriano Wrote: Hello all,

As you might have noticed from the first post, I have completed my To-Do list for Amber.  So at this time, the skin has all of the functionality I initially wanted it to have.  

Now it is time for feature requests.  I would like you to submit any and all feature requests you might have for the skin.  I cannot promise I will do them all, but I will consider each one carefully, and I will answer each post.

• Similar movies/tv shows to the current item (I am thinking in the info dialog for a movie or tv show)

Regards,

Bart    
First, congratulations again! Smile
My suggestions is make the name of wallpaper be clickable, if the "show background name in home window" is enable. Like, sometimes someone here ask "what movie is that?", and I go to library to show what is ˆˆ
Quote:Similar movies/tv shows to the current item (I am thinking in the info dialog for a movie or tv show)
This will be below the cast? Like, the info dialog will show exactly like we saw now, but if we scroll down we will saw similar movies/tv show? This sounds good to me.
Also, could you put this thing optional? I say that because I use a low powered device and have afraid that this affect performance.

Update the screenshots that came with skin and put they in a slideshow in first post to attract more people. Skin is a visual thing and this is the first thing I see when search for a skin.

Regards!
(2019-07-22, 23:54)bsoriano Wrote: Are you sure this was a skin function and not an addon doing this? I will nevertheless take a look at the Isengard/Jarvis skin code.
@bsoriano, I can not assure you 100% but from memory, the image of the album being played changed sides with a little animation.
That's why it would be nice to find this style of animation for the display of an album being played.

(2019-07-23, 16:40)edjalmo Wrote: My suggestions is make the name of wallpaper be clickable, if the "show background name in home window" is enable. Like, sometimes someone here ask "what movie is that?", and I go to library to show what is ˆˆ
@edjalmo, indeed, it's a good idea. It would also be nice to be able to display the background name in the title bar at the top left of the screen.
(2019-07-23, 01:55)spudstuff Wrote: Well done on all the work you have done Bart. You really have done an excellent job on this skin. Kudos!

I see they just recently merged your PR into leia too. Hopefully it shows up in the official repo today.

(2019-07-21, 18:59)bsoriano Wrote: Jump to letter in media views (useful for large collections)
This would be a real lifesaver. With over 3k movies, it's a pain when I'm looking at the entire list to get from G to S. A skiplist of letters (perhaps to the right of the current skiplist) would be fantastic.

Eg. movie highlighted -> press right -> skiplist highlighted -> press right -> letter skiplist highlighted on the current letter.

It could also work on the left of the movie list so I can go right to page up/page down quickly or left to jump by letter.

I'm thinking particularly of list/lowlist views but I guess it works for all views.

Thanks very much!
Adam. 
@spudstuff , I am working on this Smile It might not be exactly as you have described, but pretty close.  Thanks for your response.

Regards,

Bart
(2019-07-23, 16:40)edjalmo Wrote:
(2019-07-21, 18:59)bsoriano Wrote: Hello all,

Regards,

Bart     
First, congratulations again! Smile
My suggestions is make the name of wallpaper be clickable, if the "show background name in home window" is enable. Like, sometimes someone here ask "what movie is that?", and I go to library to show what is ˆˆ
Quote:Similar movies/tv shows to the current item (I am thinking in the info dialog for a movie or tv show)
This will be below the cast? Like, the info dialog will show exactly like we saw now, but if we scroll down we will saw similar movies/tv show? This sounds good to me.
Also, could you put this thing optional? I say that because I use a low powered device and have afraid that this affect performance.

Update the screenshots that came with skin and put they in a slideshow in first post to attract more people. Skin is a visual thing and this is the first thing I see when search for a skin.

Regards! 
@edjalmo , thanks for your requests! I like the idea of a clickable background name (it's already a button); I just have to figure out how to open the info dialog for the movie when you click it.  I don't know if it is possible.  Another option of course would be to play the movie/browse the tv show when you click it, but that would take away from the use case of answering the question "what movie is that?".  I have to research this some more.

As for the similar movies/tv shows, yes, my thought is to scroll down from the cast to get to similar movies/tv shows, and yes, it would be optional.

Finally, I have not forgotten about the screenshots, I just have not set aside the time to do this.

Again, thanks!

Regards,

Bart
  • 33(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus5