• 1(current)
Release Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus
Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus

Here is Amber updated for Kodi Leia/Matrix/Nexus. I am in the process of becoming a skilled skinner, so bear with me if there are any issues.

IMPORTANT: This version of the skin is compatible with Leia/Matrix/Nexus only, so it most likely will not work with Krypton or below. 

Thank-yous

Download

2019-04-17: Amber is in the  Kodi repo! Smile Thanks to all that helped get it there!  Please download from the Kodi repo if the version you have is lower than 3.1.4.

As per policy, I will be pushing less frequent updates to the Kodi repo, except in cases of bugs.

2019-04-23: Amber has its own repo also! Smile Thanks to all that helped me with that task.  Please download the repo from the link below.  For the most up-to-date changes, bug fixes and testing of WIP features, install the skin from the Amber Repo.  That way, the skin will be automatically updated with the changes I make and you will not have to download from GitHub every time.

Link: https://github.com/bartolomesoriano/repo...-1.0.1.zip

2020-03-25: Amber has its own repo also for Matrix! Smile Thanks to all that helped me with that task.  Please download the repo from the link below.  For the most up-to-date changes, bug fixes and testing of WIP features, install the skin from the Amber Repo.  That way, the skin will be automatically updated with the changes I make and you will not have to download from GitHub every time.

Link: https://github.com/bartolomesoriano/repo...-1.0.2.zip

Also, you can download directly from my source GitHub (Master branch is Matrix, Leia branch for Leia, Nexus branch for Nexus):

Link: https://github.com/bartolomesoriano/skin.amber

Dependencies
  • Kodi Leia/Matrix/Nexus (tested with Leia 18.9, Matrix 19.3 and Nexus nightlies)
  • script.favourites
  • resource.uisounds.amber
  • script.skinshortcuts

To-Do (2021)
  • Add a High position option for shelves for the vertical menu Done! (2021-01-30)
  • Add a "compact" video OSD (no seekbar)
  • Add alternate positioning options for elements in the Top Bar
  • Provide separate color options for Top Bar and submenu text
  • Add an Icon Only vertical menu option Done! (2021-01-30)
  • Add Video Lyrics option Done! (2021-01-30)
  • Add option to show next up tracks in music OSD

Latest Versions:
  • GitHub: 3.2.139 (Leia), 3.4.19 (Matrix, Master branch)
  • Amber repo: 3.2.139
  • Amber repo Matrix: 3.4.19
  • Kodi repo: 3.2.123 (Leia), 3.4.11 (Matrix)

Translations

Please let me know if you are willing to translate Amber into your language and I will provide you with instuctions on how to do so.  Thanks.

Issues and Feature Requests

If you find an issue (something does not work at all, or something worked in the Krypton version, but does not work in this version), please create an issue in GitHub.  If you are not able to do that, then by all means post it in this thread.

Please post any feature request in this thread as well. I cannot commit to completing any feature requests, as it will depend on whether it is above my skill set or not.  I apologize in advance if I cannot complete a feature request you might have.  

I hope some of you find this useful!

Regards,

Bart
Really, really great stuff @bsoriano! I have had a quick look and it seems everything is working smoothly, especially around low list. Top work mate.

I would like to see "Years" on the shelf submenu under movies to browse by year. It's a simple change and I'll create a pull request against your repo if that works for you.
(2019-03-17, 22:41)spudstuff Wrote: Really, really great stuff @bsoriano! I have had a quick look and it seems everything is working smoothly, especially around low list. Top work mate.

I would like to see "Years" on the shelf submenu under movies to browse by year. It's a simple change and I'll create a pull request against your repo if that works for you.

Thanks! No worries, I will add it today.

Regards,

Bart
I've always loved the simplicity of this skin and how fast it responds. Great to see it updated for Leia.

I have a small suggestion. Would it be possible to add "Next Airing Episodes" to it? Maybe as an option in the TV Show main menu widgets?

Thanks,

Shedrock
(2019-03-17, 23:06)shedrock Wrote: I've always loved the simplicity of this skin and how fast it responds. Great to see it updated for Leia.

I have a small suggestion. Would it be possible to add "Next Airing Episodes" to it? Maybe as an option in the TV Show main menu widgets?

Thanks,

Shedrock

Thanks shedrock! I will see what is the best source for this (I imagine I can get that from tv show next aired script) and hopefully can add it as an additional shelf item for TV shows.

Regards,

Bart
@bsoriano - I believe Skin Helper is what is being used now for this function. I am not 100% sure because I am so way behind in skinning now. Sad
(2019-03-17, 22:41)spudstuff Wrote: Really, really great stuff @bsoriano! I have had a quick look and it seems everything is working smoothly, especially around low list. Top work mate.

Added on Git.  Please test and let me know if you find any issues.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
(2019-03-17, 23:24)bsoriano Wrote: Added on Git.  Please test and let me know if you find any issues.  Thanks.
Regards,

Bart 

Perfect, thanks mate. Works as expected.
(2019-03-17, 23:20)shedrock Wrote: @bsoriano - I believe Skin Helper is what is being used now for this function. I am not 100% sure because I am so way behind in skinning now. Sad
Thanks shedrock! I will find out! Smile
(2019-03-18, 00:29)bsoriano Wrote:
(2019-03-17, 23:20)shedrock Wrote: @bsoriano - I believe Skin Helper is what is being used now for this function. I am not 100% sure because I am so way behind in skinning now. Sad
Thanks shedrock! I will find out! Smile 
@shedrock , I have not been able to get this working through skin helper widgets, and that does not seem to have much maintenance at the moment.  I looked at tv.show.next.aired, and it seems doable to have a shelf item of Next Airing episodes (I probably would do the ones airing this week only), but it requires a lot of coding (for me). 

So, I'll put this in the To-Do list, but I cannot commit to a date when I will finish it.  I apologize in advance.

Regards,

Bart
(2019-03-17, 20:09)bsoriano Wrote: Add Artwork Beef support

ArtworkBeef does not need any skin codes for it to work. -> Skin independent
You mean maybe ArtworkHelper from the same developer so that you can show extrafanart that are read directly into the database (they are read in with ArtworkBeef -> skin independent,  they are showed with ArtworkHelper -> skin dependent)

Unless of course you mean to be able to directly perform a few ArtworkBeef functions via a TopMenu as in this example:

Code:
    <control type="button" id="9319">
                    <!-- Artwork Beef Solo Mode-->
                    <include>TopMenuButton</include>
                    <label>$VAR[value_addon1_solo]</label>
                    <onclick condition="!system.hasaddon(script.artwork.beef)">ActivateWindow(Programs,Addons,return)</onclick>
                    <onclick condition="Container.Content(tvshows)">RunScript(script.artwork.beef, mediatype=tvshow, dbid=$INFO[ListItem.DBID])</onclick>
                    <onclick condition="Container.Content(movies)">RunScript(script.artwork.beef, mediatype=movie, dbid=$INFO[ListItem.DBID])</onclick>
                    <onclick condition="Container.Content(musicvideos)">RunScript(script.artwork.beef, mediatype=musicvideos, dbid=$INFO[ListItem.DBID])</onclick>
                    <onclick>SetFocus(51)</onclick>
                    <visible>Container.Content(tvshows) | Container.Content(movies) | Container.Content(musicvideos)</visible>
                </control>
                <control type="button" id="9320">
                    <!-- Artwork Beef Gui Mode-->
                    <label>$VAR[value_addon1_gui]</label>
                    <onclick condition="!system.hasaddon(script.artwork.beef)">ActivateWindow(Programs,Addons,return)</onclick>
                    <onclick condition="Container.Content(tvshows)">RunScript(script.artwork.beef, mode=gui, mediatype=tvshow, dbid=$INFO[ListItem.DBID])</onclick>
                    <onclick condition="Container.Content(movies)">RunScript(script.artwork.beef, mode=gui, mediatype=movie, dbid=$INFO[ListItem.DBID])</onclick>
                    <onclick condition="Container.Content(musicvideos)">RunScript(script.artwork.beef, mode=gui, mediatype=musicvideo, dbid=$INFO[ListItem.DBID])</onclick>
                    <visible>Container.Content(tvshows) | Container.Content(movies) | Container.Content(musicvideos)</visible>
                </control>
                <control type="button" id="9321">
                    <!-- Artwork Beef - Auto Mode -->
                    <label>$VAR[value_addon1_auto]</label>
                    <onclick condition="Container.Content(tvshows)">RunScript(script.artwork.beef, mediatype=tvshow)</onclick>
                    <onclick condition="Container.Content(movies)">RunScript(script.artwork.beef, mediatype=movie)</onclick>
                    <onclick condition="Container.Content(musicvideos)">RunScript(script.artwork.beef, mediatype=musicvideos)</onclick>
                </control>
                <control type="button" id="9322">
                    <!-- Artwork Beef - Custom Mode -->
                    <label>$VAR[value_addon1_custom]</label>
                    <onclick condition="Container.Content(tvshows)">RunScript(script.artwork.beef, mode=custom, mediatype=tvshow, dbid=$INFO[ListItem.DBID], poster, seasonposter, fanart, extrafanart, extrathumbs, clearlogo, clearart, tvthumb, seasonthumb, banner, seasonbanner, characterart)</onclick>
                    <onclick condition="Container.Content(movies)">RunScript(script.artwork.beef, mode=custom, mediatype=movie, dbid=$INFO[ListItem.DBID], poster, fanart, extrafanart, extrathumbs, clearlogo, clearart, discart, thumb, banner)</onclick>
                    <onclick condition="Container.Content(musicvideos)">RunScript(script.artwork.beef, mode=custom, dbid=$INFO[ListItem.DBID], poster, fanart, extrafanart, extrathumbs, clearlogo, clearart, discart)</onclick>
                </control>
(2019-03-18, 02:51)chrissix Wrote:
(2019-03-17, 20:09)bsoriano Wrote: Add Artwork Beef support

ArtworkBeef does not need any skin codes for it to work. -> Skin independent
You mean maybe ArtworkHelper from the same developer so that you can show extrafanart that are read directly into the database (they are read in with ArtworkBeef -> skin independent,  they are showed with ArtworkHelper -> skin dependent)

Unless of course you mean to be able to directly perform a few ArtworkBeef functions via a TopMenu as in this example:

Code:
    <control type="button" id="9319">
                    <!-- Artwork Beef Solo Mode-->
                    <label>$VAR[value_addon1_solo]</label>
                    <onclick condition="Container.Content(tvshows)">RunScript(script.artwork.beef, mediatype=tvshow, dbid=$INFO[ListItem.DBID])</onclick>
                    <onclick condition="Container.Content(movies)">RunScript(script.artwork.beef, mediatype=movie, dbid=$INFO[ListItem.DBID])</onclick>
                    <onclick condition="Container.Content(musicvideos)">RunScript(script.artwork.beef, mediatype=musicvideos, dbid=$INFO[ListItem.DBID])</onclick>
                </control>
                <control type="button" id="9320">
                    <!-- Artwork Beef Gui Mode-->
                    <label>$VAR[value_addon1_gui]</label>
                    <onclick condition="Container.Content(tvshows)">RunScript(script.artwork.beef, mode=gui, mediatype=tvshow, dbid=$INFO[ListItem.DBID])</onclick>
                    <onclick condition="Container.Content(movies)">RunScript(script.artwork.beef, mode=gui, mediatype=movie, dbid=$INFO[ListItem.DBID])</onclick>
                    <onclick condition="Container.Content(musicvideos)">RunScript(script.artwork.beef, mode=gui, mediatype=musicvideo, dbid=$INFO[ListItem.DBID])</onclick>
                </control>
                <control type="button" id="9321">
                    <!-- Artwork Beef - Auto Mode -->
                    <label>$VAR[value_addon1_auto]</label>
                    <onclick condition="Container.Content(tvshows)">RunScript(script.artwork.beef, mediatype=tvshow)</onclick>
                    <onclick condition="Container.Content(movies)">RunScript(script.artwork.beef, mediatype=movie)</onclick>
                    <onclick condition="Container.Content(musicvideos)">RunScript(script.artwork.beef, mediatype=musicvideos)</onclick>
                </control>
                <control type="button" id="9322">
                    <!-- Artwork Beef - Custom Mode -->
                    <label>$VAR[value_addon1_custom]</label>
                    <onclick condition="Container.Content(tvshows)">RunScript(script.artwork.beef, mode=custom, mediatype=tvshow, dbid=$INFO[ListItem.DBID], poster, seasonposter, fanart, extrafanart, extrathumbs, clearlogo, clearart, tvthumb, seasonthumb, banner, seasonbanner, characterart)</onclick>
                    <onclick condition="Container.Content(movies)">RunScript(script.artwork.beef, mode=custom, mediatype=movie, dbid=$INFO[ListItem.DBID], poster, fanart, extrafanart, extrathumbs, clearlogo, clearart, discart, thumb, banner)</onclick>
                    <onclick condition="Container.Content(musicvideos)">RunScript(script.artwork.beef, mode=custom, dbid=$INFO[ListItem.DBID], poster, fanart, extrafanart, extrathumbs, clearlogo, clearart, discart)</onclick>
                </control>

Thanks! I mean in the info dialog for movies, TV shows, music videos and music, have the buttons to choose artwork and to download artwork call artwork beef. Thanks for the code snippets 😊

Regards,

Bart
I just installed the Amber skin. It has worked great. However in list view, the links are pushed to the side, rather than the middle, so the links scroll. If that could be fixed that would be great! Great job with this version!
(2019-03-18, 03:29)startreksuite Wrote: I just installed the Amber skin. It has worked great. However in list view, the links are pushed to the side, rather than the middle, so the links scroll. If that could be fixed that would be great! Great job with this version!

Thanks! For what type of content do you see that? Could you please post a screenshot that shows the issue? It will greatly help me in tracking it down. Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
As you can see the list is pushed to one side. It's links from an add-on.Image
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus5