• 118(current)
Release Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus
(2020-06-16, 01:36)shedrock Wrote: @bsoriano - Never mind me Bart. I tried and tried to center that Music Discart but maybe I am not having a good day. I know I did something the other day while mocking about with it and it worked. I will keep trying, but right now it is fine the way it is. The skin is fantastic the way it is. It is a pleasure to use it, and MOST importantly, my wife loves it and is familiar with it. As usual, I continue to test it to see if I find any bugs. Maybe at some point we will have the option to use small icons in the Favorite view, but that's neither here nor there.

Thank you again for your continued dedication to this skin.

Regards,

Shedrock
@shedrock , no worries! I am really glad that your wife likes the skin, since "Happy Wife, Happy Life" Smile

If you get it centered, by all means please send me whatever change you did for that.  Thanks!

Regards,

Bart
Hello all,

I have just uploaded versions 3.2.93 (Leia) and 3.3.93 (Matrix) to GitHub and the Amber repos.  Main changes:

1. Faster Cast if Show Only Local Info.  If you enable the option Show Only Local Info, now Amber will load the cast faster in the video info dialog, since it will just use the standard Kodi cast and behavior.  As a reminder, you can find the option here:

2. Show Oscars/Golden Globes data on Video Info dialog.  Amber will show, both graphically in the ratings bar, and as text on the right side details pane, how many Oscar wins and/or nominations, as well as how many Golden Globe wins and/or nominations.  Please be advised that this info is not stored locally in the Kodi db; Amber gets it through plugin.video.themovidedb.helper, which in turn gets it from OMDb.  You need the latest version of tmdb helper for this to work.  I have made it optional to show in the ratings bar.  It is disabled by default.

OMDb does not have many Golden Globes info for movies, but it does for tv shows.  I understand they will be adding/updating more as time progresses.  Oscars info looks like this:

If you think there is an Oscars icon that would look better, please post it here so I can take a look.  Thanks.

Golden Globes info looks like this:

Again, if you have a better icon for the Golden Globes, please send it to me.  Thanks.

You decide if you display this info in the ratigns bar.  There is a new item to enable in the "Select Displayed Ratings and Certification" option:

3. Options to Use Custom Paths for Video and Music Genre Icons and Fanart.  Amber now allows you to specify either a custom path with your own images or an image pack for Video Genre Icons and Fanart, as well as for Music Genre Icons and Fanart.

This is especially useful with movie genre icons and fanart if you use Kodi in a different language than English, or if you have your own custom genres that there is no icon or fanart for in any of the Kodi image packs.  Please note that if you use your own custom path, the images must have the jpg extension.  Remeber to name the images with the exact names of you genres.  For example if you have a genre Comedia, you should have an image file named Comedia.jpg in the custom path you select.

Amber now allows you also to select a custom path or image pack for Video Genre Fanart and Music Genre Fanart.  Before, only the genre icons were configurable.

The new options look like this:

As you can see from the above, if you set a custom path, you will see an option that allows you to reset it.  You can only have either a custom path or an image pack for each option, not both.  That is to say, for Video Genre Icons, you can have a custom path or an image pack, but not both.

For Video Genre Fanart, your image pack images or custom path images will display if you have the option "Show Fanart for Special Content" set to No.

Thank you all for your continued support of Amber.  Please test and let me know if you find any issues.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
I just installed this update.

I just noticed a bug similar to another that I had but which seemed to have been corrected with an update of TheMovieDb Helper or Embuary Helper.
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?pid...pid2931601

In the info window of a video, when I click on the play button, the video does not start anymore but the info window of the video closes. I am using TheMovieDb Helper 2.4.36 and Embuary Helper 1.4.8.
(2020-06-18, 00:15)bsoriano Wrote: Image

(2020-06-18, 00:15)bsoriano Wrote: You decide if you display this info in the ratigns bar.  There is a new item to enable in the "Select Displayed Ratings and Certification" option:

I tried the awards poster (Oscars / Golden Globes) by selecting "Awards (Oscars / Golden Globes)" but nothing is displayed. Should we update the media library again ?
(2020-06-18, 22:48)Cyberdom Wrote: I tried the awards poster (Oscars / Golden Globes) by selecting "Awards (Oscars / Golden Globes)" but nothing is displayed. Should we update the media library again ?
This also does not work for me, at least on my Windows 10 box.

Shedrock
(2020-06-18, 23:36)shedrock Wrote:
(2020-06-18, 22:48)Cyberdom Wrote: I tried the awards poster (Oscars / Golden Globes) by selecting "Awards (Oscars / Golden Globes)" but nothing is displayed. Should we update the media library again ?

Shedrock 
@shedrock , you need the latest version of tmdb helper for this to work, and you need to have a valid OMDb API Key in the addon settings as well.

Regards,

Bart
(2020-06-18, 23:56)bsoriano Wrote:
(2020-06-18, 23:36)shedrock Wrote:

Shedrock 
@shedrock , you need the latest version of tmdb helper for this to work, and you need to have a valid OMDb API Key in the addon settings as well.

Regards,

Bart
I am using TMDB Helper version 3.1.1, and I have had my OMDB API key for the longest time. I will try it on my LE box later on tonight, but it's definitely not working for me on Windows, unless there is another version of TMDB Helper that I need.

Shedrock
(2020-06-18, 22:48)Cyberdom Wrote: I just installed this update.

I just noticed a bug similar to another that I had but which seemed to have been corrected with an update of TheMovieDb Helper or Embuary Helper.

In the info window of a video, when I click on the play button, the video does not start anymore but the info window of the video closes. I am using TheMovieDb Helper 2.4.36 and Embuary Helper 1.4.8.

(2020-06-18, 00:15)bsoriano Wrote: You decide if you display this info in the ratigns bar.  There is a new item to enable in the "Select Displayed Ratings and Certification" option:

I tried the awards poster (Oscars / Golden Globes) by selecting "Awards (Oscars / Golden Globes)" but nothing is displayed. Should we update the media library again ?
@Cyberdom , the Oscars/Golden Globes function needs the latest tmdb helper to work.  Current tmdb helper version is 3.1.2.  You can keep it up to date if you install jurialmunkey's repo: https://github.com/jurialmunkey/reposito...ey-1.2.zip

As I mentioned in my post before, tmdb helper gets the Oscars/Golden Globes info from OMDb, so you need to have a valid OMDb API Key in the tmdb helper settings.

Perhaps that is the issue also with the items that do not play for you from the video info screen.  I cannot reproduce that issue.

Regards,

Bart
(2020-06-19, 00:17)bsoriano Wrote: Current tmdb helper version is 3.1.2.  You can keep it up to date if you install jurialmunkey's repo: https://github.com/jurialmunkey
I will try this. It should have prompted me to install the latest update, but it didn't. I shall report back in a few minutes. Bart.

Thanks,

Shedrock
(2020-06-19, 00:16)shedrock Wrote:
(2020-06-18, 23:56)bsoriano Wrote:
(2020-06-18, 23:36)shedrock Wrote: This also does not work for me, at least on my Windows 10 box.

Shedrock 

Regards,

Bart
I am using TMDB Helper version 3.1.1, and I have had my OMDB API key for the longest time. I will try it on my LE box later on tonight, but it's definitely not working for me on Windows, unless there is another version of TMDB Helper that I need.

Shedrock
Shedrock, I am using tmdb helper 3.1.2 and it is working for me.

Regards,

Bart
@bsoriano - This is a screenshot of what I see. The appropriate settings are set to display the Golden Globe icon, but I see nothing.

Shedrock
(2020-06-19, 00:41)shedrock Wrote: @bsoriano - This is a screenshot of what I see. The appropriate settings are set to display the Golden Globe icon, but I see nothing.

Shedrock

@shedrock, that is correct. OMDb does not have golden globe info for many movies, they do have it for TV shows. Your screenshot shows the Oscar nominations, so it is getting the info correctly. There is no icon shown on the ratings bar, as that movie did not win any Oscars.

Regards,

Bart
@bsoriano - Hi Bart,

I updated it and it works great on my LE box.

Thank you,

Shedrock
(2020-06-19, 00:17)bsoriano Wrote:

@Cyberdom , the Oscars/Golden Globes function needs the latest tmdb helper to work.  Current tmdb helper version is 3.1.2.  You can keep it up to date if you install jurialmunkey's repo: https://github.com/jurialmunkey/reposito...ey-1.2.zip

As I mentioned in my post before, tmdb helper gets the Oscars/Golden Globes info from OMDb, so you need to have a valid OMDb API Key in the tmdb helper settings.

Perhaps that is the issue also with the items that do not play for you from the video info screen.  I cannot reproduce that issue.

Regards,

Bart   
Thank you for the details @bsoriano.

As I prefer to use the updates from the Kodi repository or from the Amber repository, I will wait for the update of TheMovieDb Helper to use the play button.

For TV shows, it seems to me that Amber uses Embuary Helper. I will also have to try the play button to play an episode.

How do I get an OMDb API key ?
(2020-06-19, 11:00)Cyberdom Wrote:
(2020-06-19, 00:17)bsoriano Wrote:

Regards,

Bart   

As I prefer to use the updates from the Kodi repository or from the Amber repository, I will wait for the update of TheMovieDb Helper to use the play button.

For TV shows, it seems to me that Amber uses Embuary Helper. I will also have to try the play button to play an episode.

@Cyberdom , you can go to http://www.omdbapi.com/apikey.aspx to get an OMDb API key.  Select "Free" as the account type and input your email address.

Regards,

Bart
(2020-06-20, 22:41)bsoriano Wrote:
(2020-06-19, 11:00)Cyberdom Wrote:
(2020-06-19, 00:17)bsoriano Wrote: @Cyberdom , the Oscars/Golden Globes function needs the latest tmdb helper to work.  Current tmdb helper version is 3.1.2.  You can keep it up to date if you install jurialmunkey's repo: https://github.com/jurialmunkey/reposito...ey-1.2.zip

Regards,

Bart   

@Cyberdom , you can go to http://www.omdbapi.com/apikey.aspx to get an OMDb API key.  Select "Free" as the account type and input your email address.

Regards,

Bart    
Thank you @bsoriano.

(2020-06-19, 11:00)Cyberdom Wrote: For TV shows, it seems to me that Amber uses Embuary Helper. I will also have to try the play button to play an episode.
I have made several attempts to play episodes from the play button in the video info window (which uses Embuary Helper, it seems to me) and as with movies, playback does not start.

On the other hand, playback works correctly when I press a movie or an episode.

It remains to wait for updates from TheMovieDb Helper and Emburay Helper in the Kodi repository.
  • 118(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus5