• 119(current)
Release Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus
Hello all,

I have uploaded versions 3.2.94 (Leia) and 3.3.94 (Matrix) to GitHub and the Amber repos.

Besides some miscellaneous fixes, and new Golden Globes and Oscars icons thanks to @newbii , the main change is:

Multiple Genre images for Video and Music Fanart.  There is a new option to enable multiple images for each video or music genre fanart, when you have chosen to use a custom path for your genre fanarts.  The option is here (shown for video in the screenshot):

For this to work properly, you need to have a sub-folder for each genre in you custom folder for genre fanart.  Each sub-folder must be named exactly as the genre in your db, and inside each sub-folder you can place as many images as you want, and they can be named whatever you want.  So, using the example from the screenshot above, my custom path for video genre fanart is "F:\Downloads\moviegenrefanart\".  The folder structure looks like this:

And, as an example, in the Biography sub-folder I have the following:

If you disable the option for multiple images per genre, and you still want to keep your folder structure like the above, make sure that in each sub-folder you have a file named exactly like the genre.  As you see from my example above, I have a "Biography.jpg" in the Biography folder.  If you do that, then that image will be shown as the genre fanart.

Please download, test, and let me know if you find any issues.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
@bsoriano 

Hi Bart I upgraded to the latest version and nothing would happen when i clicked play.

I downgraded back to the version I got from your repo git the other day and that worked straight away, i didn't even have to reboot.

Not sure what's wrong ?
(2020-06-21, 02:55)treboR2Robert Wrote: @bsoriano 

Hi Bart I upgraded to the latest version and nothing would happen when i clicked play.

I downgraded back to the version I got from your repo git the other day and that worked straight away, i didn't even have to reboot.

Not sure what's wrong ?

I am not sure. I am not seeing that issue. Are you using tmdb helper? If so, make sure that you update to the latest version.

If you are not using tmdb helper, I would really appreciate it if you can update again to the latest version, turn on debug logging, and send me the debug log of when the problem happens.

Regards,

Bart
(2020-06-21, 03:58)bsoriano Wrote:

Not sure what's wrong ?

I am not sure. I am not seeing that issue. Are you using tmdb helper? If so, make sure that you update to the latest version.

If you are not using tmdb helper, I would really appreciate it if you can update again to the latest version, turn on debug logging, and send me the debug log of when the problem happens.

Regards,

Bart

Ahh OK yes I do have tmdb helper installed at the moment, i think it is just from the kodi repo.

I was thinking about installing that tmdb repo you linked here the other day, i will do that and then update amber again and see if the problem is still there.

Will report back asap.
When I'm using the mediaview "Fanart" audio and subtile information is show even though it's disabled in the settings. For all other views it's hidden. 

Version: 3.2.94
(2020-06-21, 22:32)Swedie Wrote: When I'm using the mediaview "Fanart" audio and subtile information is show even though it's disabled in the settings. For all other views it's hidden. 

Version: 3.2.94
@Swedie , thanks for reporting this.  I found the issue and fixed it.  If you are OK with downloading from GitHub, the fix is already on the Leia branch of the skin.  If not, then please wait, in a day or two I should upload a new version to the Amber repo.

Regards,

Bart

EDIT; @Swedie , the new version, 3.2.95, is already in the Amber repo.
@bsoriano 

I had this posted in the Artwork Beef thread, but the issue was found to be with the Amber skin AB context items specifically, so i thought I would post a link for reference for others.
Essentially, AB context items appear 3 places and 2 of the 3 places has an issue with changing the artwork for Movie Sets specifically. They seem to work fine for everything but Movie Sets.  So hopefully you can take a look at the code and see what is missing from the easily accessed context item and update it to mirror the one that works correctly under "Manage" and remove the redundant item that also does not work for Movie Sets. The link below has images etc. to clarify further.

Movie Set AB Context Error
(2020-06-21, 20:39)treboR2Robert Wrote:
(2020-06-21, 03:58)bsoriano Wrote:

Not sure what's wrong ?

Regards,

Bart

Ahh OK yes I do have tmdb helper installed at the moment, i think it is just from the kodi repo.

I was thinking about installing that tmdb repo you linked here the other day, i will do that and then update amber again and see if the problem is still there.

Will report back asap.

I updated amber to the latest version again "WITHOUT" updating tmdb helper and i experienced the same behaviour of it not doing anything when i click play.

I then installed the @jurialmunkey repository ( here ) and updated tmdb helper to the latest version and everything returned to normal Smile

Thanks for the help Big Grin
(2020-06-23, 00:12)treboR2Robert Wrote:
(2020-06-21, 03:58)bsoriano Wrote: I am not sure. I am not seeing that issue. Are you using tmdb helper? If so, make sure that you update to the latest version.

Regards,

Bart

Will report back asap.

I updated amber to the latest version again "WITHOUT" updating tmdb helper and i experienced the same behaviour of it not doing anything when i click play.

I then installed the @jurialmunkey repository ( here ) and updated tmdb helper to the latest version and everything returned to normal Smile

Thanks for confirming! Smile
(2020-06-22, 19:17)crazyhands911 Wrote: @bsoriano 

I had this posted in the Artwork Beef thread, but the issue was found to be with the Amber skin AB context items specifically, so i thought I would post a link for reference for others.
Essentially, AB context items appear 3 places and 2 of the 3 places has an issue with changing the artwork for Movie Sets specifically. They seem to work fine for everything but Movie Sets.  So hopefully you can take a look at the code and see what is missing from the easily accessed context item and update it to mirror the one that works correctly under "Manage" and remove the redundant item that also does not work for Movie Sets. The link below has images etc. to clarify further.

@crazyhands911 , thanks for looking into this.  I will take a look at the code.  The redundant items are there due to having the option "Show AB items in context menu" enabled in the skin settings.  If you set that option to No, there should be no redundant items.  Unfortunately, I don't know of a way to know from the skin side if the context menu being shown is the "Manage" context menu, so that I can hide the extra AB items from that one.

Regards,

Bart
(2020-06-21, 03:58)bsoriano Wrote: I am not sure. I am not seeing that issue. Are you using tmdb helper? If so, make sure that you update to the latest version.

Regards,

Bart

Will report back asap.   

Thank you @treboR2Robert for your feedback.

I also have the same problem.

OK for movies. Can you confirm that with the update of TheMovieDb Helper, the play button also works again to launch an episode of a TV show ? Or do you also need to update Embuary Helper ?

Thanks in advance.
(2020-06-23, 15:58)Cyberdom Wrote:
(2020-06-21, 20:39)treboR2Robert Wrote: Ahh OK yes I do have tmdb helper installed at the moment, i think it is just from the kodi repo.

Will report back asap.   

Thank you @treboR2Robert for your feedback.

I also have the same problem.

OK for movies. Can you confirm that with the update of TheMovieDb Helper, the play button also works again to launch an episode of a TV show ? Or do you also need to update Embuary Helper ?

Thanks in advance.

@Cyberdom 

Thanks for letting me know about that. I just checked and...

TV shows "DO NOT" play when i click play.

I even downgraded amber again to 3.2.92 but they still do not play.

I have embuary helper 1.4.8 installed from the kodi repository which is the latest version on there.

I don't know if there is a more up to date version available somewhere ? or if that is even the problem ?

Hopefully @bsoriano can figure it out.
I just found what i think is the embuary helper repo ( here ) and there seems to be 2 versions of embuary helper in there 1.4.5 ( older than the kodi repo ? ) and also 1.0.20 ??

I haven't tried updating / downgrading to either of them yet, i will wait and see what @bsoriano  says.
(2020-06-23, 18:19)treboR2Robert Wrote: I just found what i think is the embuary helper repo ( here ) and there seems to be 2 versions of embuary helper in there 1.4.5 ( older than the kodi repo ? ) and also 1.0.20 ??

I haven't tried updating / downgrading to either of them yet, i will wait and see what @bsoriano  says.
@treboR2Robert , @Cyberdom , Embuary Helper is not used to play episodes of tv shows.  It is used to jump to the tv show or the season from an episode info dialog.  It is also used on the video info dialog for a TV Show or Season to Browse the TV Show.  The version I am using is 1.4.8.

I cannot reproduce the issue you mention.  I can play episodes by using the Play button in the episode info dialog without any problems.  I am running Windows 10 and also LibreELEC, and tmdb helper (which is used in the Play button for movies, epsiodes and music videos, if you have the addon installed) version 3.1.3.

Perhaps one of you can take a debug log of when you are trying to play an episode via the Play button in the video info dialog and send it to me, so I can take a look and see if I can figure out what the problem is.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
(2020-06-22, 19:17)crazyhands911 Wrote: @bsoriano 

@crazyhands911 , I found the issue.  The context menu items were not working for sets or episodes.  I have fixed that.  If you are willing to download from GitHub, the changes are already on the Leia branch of the skin.

Regards,

Bart
  • 119(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus5