• 164(current)
Release Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus
(2021-01-12, 00:43)bsoriano Wrote:
(2021-01-12, 00:00)snarfo Wrote:
(2021-01-11, 21:35)bsoriano Wrote: @snarfo , @Aaiemron , could you please try the latest on Git? The new settings should show the text now, and I have added the icon in the menu configuration dialog, as well as the ability to change it:

Please let me know how this works out for you.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

I got my menu icon issues sorted out and the text shows up in settings. So far everything looks good! Thanks much for the help, implementation, and the turnaround time.

@snarfo, you are very welcome! I am glad it is working for you. Any suggestions on improvements for this feature or any other request/issue?

Regards,

Bart
Amber is new to me so I'm still playing with it... that said, asking for suggestions is asking for trouble so be warned hahaha! So far Amber looks feature-complete in its core features but of course the fun is in the tweaking and the nips and tucks. As I mess with it more I'd be happy to toss in some suggestions.

One thing (and again, a small thing) I've noticed is the CU Lyrics display overlaps the top of the music OSD during playback. In the skin I used to use (Estuary Mod v2) instead of the block of text for the lyrics they used sort of a fun, larger font and had a quick animation tossing the lyrics up line by line as the song played. It made it easy to see from across the room and didn't interfere with any other interface elements. Friends and family really thought this was a fun feature and have told me they miss it. Personally, I'm happy to get a skin that I like working in Kodi 19 so I didn't want to look the proverbial gift horse in the mouth, but there you go!
Windows 11 Pro, Kodi 20, AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, 32gb RAM, nVidia 3080 ti
(2021-01-12, 00:15)ontap Wrote: Like the icons only Bart, however , when using large widgets with the menu item Title label enabled, press right and highlight a widget the name of the movie is partially obscured by the title text.
Dont know whether you can hide name and length of movie when main menu title is enabled or shuffle it across to centre of screen ?
@ontap , please try the latest from Git.  The menu item label will not show when the large widget is focused.  Please let me know that the issue is indeed fixed.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
(2021-01-12, 16:01)snarfo Wrote:
(2021-01-12, 00:43)bsoriano Wrote:
(2021-01-12, 00:00)snarfo Wrote: I got my menu icon issues sorted out and the text shows up in settings. So far everything looks good! Thanks much for the help, implementation, and the turnaround time.

@snarfo, you are very welcome! I am glad it is working for you. Any suggestions on improvements for this feature or any other request/issue?

Regards,

Bart
Amber is new to me so I'm still playing with it... that said, asking for suggestions is asking for trouble so be warned hahaha! So far Amber looks feature-complete in its core features but of course the fun is in the tweaking and the nips and tucks. As I mess with it more I'd be happy to toss in some suggestions.

One thing (and again, a small thing) I've noticed is the CU Lyrics display overlaps the top of the music OSD during playback. In the skin I used to use (Estuary Mod v2) instead of the block of text for the lyrics they used sort of a fun, larger font and had a quick animation tossing the lyrics up line by line as the song played. It made it easy to see from across the room and didn't interfere with any other interface elements. Friends and family really thought this was a fun feature and have told me they miss it. Personally, I'm happy to get a skin that I like working in Kodi 19 so I didn't want to look the proverbial gift horse in the mouth, but there you go!
@snarfo , thanks for the feedback! I will check the lyrics, as this is not a feautre I use at all.  I think the functionality from Estuary Mod v2 you are referring to is "video lyrics".  I will look into adding this to Amber.  More to come on this.

Regards,

Bart
(2021-01-12, 15:34)G0mez Wrote: Finnish translation on amber settings is showing incorrectly. 'Enable use of Embuary helper' should be 'ota käyttöön Embuary helper'. As now it's showing as 'enable use of TMDB helper'

Also these would need finnish translations;

Icon only menu = Pelkkä ikoni valikko
Show menu item name = Näytä valikon nimi
Disable logo view = Älä käytä logo näkymää
Hide seek bar when paused = Piilota hakupalkki tauon aikana

Noticed also that when using 3 shelves, let's say for movies, and this new option 'show menu item name' is enabled, it's blocking the movie name. Not that big deal but wanted to let you know anyway :]

Aaw yes and been getting skin helper service error for couple of days now aswell. Installed some older amber skin but was still getting that error so...
@G0mez , thanks for your feedback.  I will fix/add the translation.  I just fixed on Git the issue of the menu item name blocking the movie name on the shelves, please try the latest and let me know.

As for skin helper service, Amber does not use anymore any components from this addon or its related addons.  I think it would be best to report that in the addon thread.

Regards,

Bart
(2021-01-12, 16:39)bsoriano Wrote:
(2021-01-12, 00:15)ontap Wrote: Like the icons only Bart, however , when using large widgets with the menu item Title label enabled, press right and highlight a widget the name of the movie is partially obscured by the title text.
Dont know whether you can hide name and length of movie when main menu title is enabled or shuffle it across to centre of screen ?
@ontap , please try the latest from Git.  The menu item label will not show when the large widget is focused.  Please let me know that the issue is indeed fixed.  Thanks.

Regards,

Yep, that fixed it thanks.
Quote:@G0mez , thanks for your feedback.  I will fix/add the translation.  I just fixed on Git the issue of the menu item name blocking the movie name on the shelves, please try the latest and let me know.

Yeh tested and it seems to be disabled now if using 3 shelves. Using 3 shelves on music menu aswell and menu name doesnt show up there aswell
I noticed you mentioned that you used embuary helper for backgrounds , am not seeing how I do that , I have "use embuary helper for backgrounds " enabled , when i set a background for a menu item in skin settings , I cant see any option to use embuary helper ?
EDIT: I see it now its "playlists" haha.
@bsoriano, thanks for all the updates. Skin just keeps getting better.

I see you mentioned requests a few posts back Smile
Any chance of an ultra-compact pause bar? I left the Buttons the same size, only shrunk the seek bar. even that wouldn't be necessary, just added it to see how it would look.
The ClearArt on the right is default size as well, again, just added to see how it would look.

Again, thanks for all the work you are doing on the Matrix side of things Smile

(How do you get a thumb size image in here instead of having to resize the image before linking to it?)
System 1: Ryzen 3400G, Gigabyte Mini ITX B450I - LibreELEC 11.x (Kodi 20 [Nexus]) - Skin: Amber (Matrix)
System 2: Khadas VIM3pro - CoreELEC- Skin: Amber (Matrix)

System 3: Ryzen 5700g Gigabyte Mini ITX x570 - LibreElec 12.x (Kodi 21 [Omega]) Nightlies - Skin: Aeon-Nox: Silvo (Omega)
(2021-01-12, 21:35)TheRealDeadMan Wrote: @bsoriano, thanks for all the updates. Skin just keeps getting better.

I see you mentioned requests a few posts back Smile
Any chance of an ultra-compact pause bar? I left the Buttons the same size, only shrunk the seek bar. even that wouldn't be necessary, just added it to see how it would look.
The ClearArt on the right is default size as well, again, just added to see how it would look.

Again, thanks for all the work you are doing on the Matrix side of things Smile

(How do you get a thumb size image in here instead of having to resize the image before linking to it?)
@TheRealDeadMan , thanks for your feedback!  I will look into adding a "compact OSD" option, that is certainly doable.  In that case, I would not show the seek bar, since it would not make much sense (in my mind) if it does not cover the width of the screen.  Would you like to see a compact version of the seek bar also?

In terms of posting images here, I use the button that has an "i" on the toolbar, to the right of one that looks like a smiley face.  This lets you browse for an image in your device and posts it as an imgur album.

Regards,

Bart
(2021-01-12, 21:46)bsoriano Wrote: In that case, I would not show the seek bar, since it would not make much sense (in my mind) if it does not cover the width of the screen.  Would you like to see a compact version of the seek bar also?

No the seek bar wouldn't be needed IMO. My biggest uses for it are the subtitles and audio selection buttons.
Thanks for taking a look and for the image-posting tip.
System 1: Ryzen 3400G, Gigabyte Mini ITX B450I - LibreELEC 11.x (Kodi 20 [Nexus]) - Skin: Amber (Matrix)
System 2: Khadas VIM3pro - CoreELEC- Skin: Amber (Matrix)

System 3: Ryzen 5700g Gigabyte Mini ITX x570 - LibreElec 12.x (Kodi 21 [Omega]) Nightlies - Skin: Aeon-Nox: Silvo (Omega)
Hello.
Maybe you can make it also possible to see the plot (and maybe more info) when selecting a movie or tv show in a widget.
I mean full screen widgets like in arctic horizon

grtz Ron
(2021-01-12, 22:11)Aaiemron Wrote: Hello.
Maybe you can make it also possible to see the plot (and maybe more info) when selecting a movie or tv show in a widget.
I mean full screen widgets like in arctic horizon

grtz Ron

@Aaiemron , I really like those full screen widgets in arctic horizon, but I do not think I will implement something like that, because it would mean a total rework of my widget code, which is complex already (for me).  Unfortunately, this is not something I am keen on taking on right now.

Regards,

Bart
(2021-01-12, 22:08)TheRealDeadMan Wrote:
(2021-01-12, 21:46)bsoriano Wrote: In that case, I would not show the seek bar, since it would not make much sense (in my mind) if it does not cover the width of the screen.  Would you like to see a compact version of the seek bar also?

No the seek bar wouldn't be needed IMO. My biggest uses for it are the subtitles and audio selection buttons.
Thanks for taking a look and for the image-posting tip.
@TheRealDeadMan , thanks for confirming.  I will add to my To-Do.

Regards,

Bart
Hi Bart I notice you said amber doesn't use skin helper anymore.

I was going to ask the other day about the custom version of the skin helper widget you made a long time ago so that when the recently added episodes widget is set to "group items" and the widget shows "season 2" rather than every single episode that when i clicked on it, it takes me to the season rather than the default weird behavior of playing the last episode of the season.

I have that custom version that you made running now and it still seems to work great but I wondered if you had made new built in widgets recently with that functionality that i missed.

heres the post where you said you fixed it.
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2866121

As I say this still seems to work great but it takes me a while to figure out how to get it all going again if i do a factory reset ( which i probably do more than i should lol) and also I'm not sure other people even realise that this great bit of work even exists. I always go back to that post to remember how to do it.
(2021-01-12, 23:29)treboR2Robert Wrote: Hi Bart I notice you said amber doesn't use skin helper anymore.

I was going to ask the other day about the custom version of the skin helper widget you made a long time ago so that when the recently added episodes widget is set to "group items" and the widget shows "season 2" rather than every single episode that when i clicked on it, it takes me to the season rather than the default weird behavior of playing the last episode of the season.

I have that custom version that you made running now and it still seems to work great but I wondered if you had made new built in widgets recently with that functionality that i missed.

heres the post where you said you fixed it.
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2866121

As I say this still seems to work great but it takes me a while to figure out how to get it all going again if i do a factory reset ( which i probably do more than i should lol) and also I'm not sure other people even realise that this great bit of work even exists. I always go back to that post to remember how to do it.
@treboR2Robert , thank you for your kind words.  I have not done anything else with that.  It will continue to work in Leia, but I am not maintaining it anymore, and I am not including it in the Amber repo any more.  I will not remove from my GitHub, since I know there are some folks like yourself who continue to use it.   It is important to note that whenever you upgrade to Matrix, that will cease to function.

Regards,

Bart
  • 164(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus5