• 199(current)
Release Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus
(2021-05-11, 04:33)brviewer Wrote:
(2021-05-11, 03:35)bsoriano Wrote:
(2021-05-11, 02:30)brviewer Wrote: Hello Bart,

I'm a happy and grateful user of your lovely skin. I've noticed you've been very active with github updates and appear to be happy to take feedback on the forum.

There are two slight tweaks I think would be great.

1) Rating overlays like estuary (and night) skin has where you can get the review average at a glance without having to highligh the item first.  (Image attached below.) If possible, it'd be really cool to see that on the homepage widgets too.

2) The real reason your skin is my favorite is the amazing format and details on the very attractive information page. It'd be nice to have the main info page load without calling up the cast so the page loads faster for times I want to just tap the play button. Definitely not a big deal but I love the skin so the best suggestions I can offer are little "tweaks" =)

Thanks
@brviewer, thank you for your kind words.

Both of your requests are doable.  Please let me evaluate how to best incorporate a rating overlay.  As for the second request, I can add an option to not show the cast, but it would have to be a global option, not something you can decide on a movie by movie basis.  Would that be OK with you? Please let me know.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
The global option sounds perfect. I could always pull  up crew through a global context menu for those rare occasions. Thanks so much, Bart!
@brviewer , the code to be able to hide the cast in video info is already on GitHub.  you can choose to hide the cast by going here:

If you disable the cast, the video info dialog displays immediately.  Please be aware that you can get the same effect by choosing "Show Only local info" in the Video Info section of the skin settings. This has the effect of only showing info from your local library, and it also uses Kodi's default cast information, which usually is instantaneous in displaying.

Also, please be aware that the "Similar" custom info list also uses an addon, even to show local info, so this could potentially slow down the video info dialog, depending on how large your video library is.

Now a question for you: If you hide the cast, and have no other custom lists enabled, what info, if any, would you like to see below the row of buttons in the video info dialog? Please let me know.  Thanks.

In terms of the rating overlay, I have envisioned how it would look.  The changes will take a while, since they would affect almost every single viewtype.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
Main HTPC: Intel Core i7, 32GB, nVidia GTX1080, Windows 11 Soundbar: Samsung HW-Q950A TV: LG CX Kodi: 19.3 Skin: Amber
(2021-05-11, 18:25)Cyberdom Wrote:
(2021-05-11, 15:47)bsoriano Wrote: 1. Choosing a default menu item works for me in Leia as well as Matrix, I tested in both.  Yes, as I mentioned in my post, you do need script.embuary.helper (I also have 1.5.0 in Leia) installed and enabled in your system for this to work, you need to enable the new setting to be able to choose a default menu item, and then you need to go into the menu configuration and press the "Make Default Menu Item" button.  You should see the label on the top right that says "Current Default Menu Item: " and the label of the menu item you chose as default.  After that, go back to the main menu, and, whenever you quit Kodi and restart, the menu should be positioned on the item you chose as default.
I did all of that and everything displays correctly in Amber's settings but when I quit and restart Kodi, the menu item selected by default is not showing.

(2021-05-11, 15:47)bsoriano Wrote: 2. The seek slider should not have been there for PVR when the OSD is shown, I will remove it.

3. I will fix the plot shown for PVR, the current programme plot should be shown if available.

4. I will fix the flags issue, it had slipped my mind, so thanks for reminding me.

I will push a new version to the Amber repo for Leia today.
Thank you for your speed, I will wait for this new version of Amber.
@Cyberdom , I do not know what to tell you in regards to the default menu item functionality.  Unless it is an issue having to do with the OS, I have no idea what it could be.  I thought perhaps something to do with the vertical menu options, but I tried them all (I think) and it worked correctly.  How does this screen look for you:

I went to the menu configuration, and hit the "Make Default Menu Item" for "Musique", like so:

Went back to the main menu, quit Kodi, and when I restarted, I got this:

So, again, I do not know what the issue is in your case. My apologies.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
Main HTPC: Intel Core i7, 32GB, nVidia GTX1080, Windows 11 Soundbar: Samsung HW-Q950A TV: LG CX Kodi: 19.3 Skin: Amber
(2021-05-11, 18:54)bsoriano Wrote:
(2021-05-11, 04:33)brviewer Wrote:
(2021-05-11, 03:35)bsoriano Wrote: @brviewer, thank you for your kind words.

Both of your requests are doable.  Please let me evaluate how to best incorporate a rating overlay.  As for the second request, I can add an option to not show the cast, but it would have to be a global option, not something you can decide on a movie by movie basis.  Would that be OK with you? Please let me know.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
The global option sounds perfect. I could always pull  up crew through a global context menu for those rare occasions. Thanks so much, Bart!
@brviewer , the code to be able to hide the cast in video info is already on GitHub.  you can choose to hide the cast by going here:

If you disable the cast, the video info dialog displays immediately.  Please be aware that you can get the same effect by choosing "Show Only local info" in the Video Info section of the skin settings. This has the effect of only showing info from your local library, and it also uses Kodi's default cast information, which usually is instantaneous in displaying.

Also, please be aware that the "Similar" custom info list also uses an addon, even to show local info, so this could potentially slow down the video info dialog, depending on how large your video library is.

Now a question for you: If you hide the cast, and have no other custom lists enabled, what info, if any, would you like to see below the row of buttons in the video info dialog? Please let me know.  Thanks.

In terms of the rating overlay, I have envisioned how it would look.  The changes will take a while, since they would affect almost every single viewtype.

Regards,

Bart
Wow, you've blown me away. You are so nice and Efficient! I set it with no custom lists displayed and confirmed embuary info script still has full functionality. Perfect for me! 

I can't think of anything to add below the play button and think it looks nice with the open space. I'll think on that and let you know if I can come up with anything. 

Thanks so much

-br
(2021-05-11, 19:06)bsoriano Wrote: @Cyberdom , I do not know what to tell you in regards to the default menu item functionality.  Unless it is an issue having to do with the OS, I have no idea what it could be.
So, again, I do not know what the issue is in your case. My apologies.

Regards,

Bart
I also don't know if it's a problem with the OS. I am using Kodi Leia which works on Android TV on my Nvidia Shield TV.
I tried again by setting the default "Music" menu item but restarting Kodi, the "Search" menu item appears.
Too bad but for now, I disabled this option.
Has anyone using Kodi Leia on Android TV (or other OS) managed to get this option to work ?
(2021-05-11, 15:47)bsoriano Wrote: 1. Choosing a default menu item works for me in Leia as well as Matrix, I tested in both.  Yes, as I mentioned in my post, you do need script.embuary.helper (I also have 1.5.0 in Leia) installed and enabled in your system for this to work, you need to enable the new setting to be able to choose a default menu item, and then you need to go into the menu configuration and press the "Make Default Menu Item" button.  You should see the label on the top right that says "Current Default Menu Item: " and the label of the menu item you chose as default.  After that, go back to the main menu, and, whenever you quit Kodi and restart, the menu should be positioned on the item you chose as default.
I did all of that and everything displays correctly in Amber's settings but when I quit and restart Kodi, the menu item selected by default is not showing.

(2021-05-11, 15:47)bsoriano Wrote: 2. The seek slider should not have been there for PVR when the OSD is shown, I will remove it.

3. I will fix the plot shown for PVR, the current programme plot should be shown if available.

4. I will fix the flags issue, it had slipped my mind, so thanks for reminding me.

@Cyberdom , version 3.2.138 is on the Amber repo for Leia.  Please update, test, and let me know if indeed the issues have been fixed.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
(2021-05-12, 18:44)bsoriano Wrote:

@Cyberdom , version 3.2.138 is on the Amber repo for Leia.  Please update, test, and let me know if indeed the issues have been fixed.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Thank you @bsoriano, I just updated.

The flags in the results of a search are no longer cut off and the display of the summary of a current TV program is correct.

There remains the issue with the default menu item not matching the one chosen when starting Kodi on my end.
(2021-05-11, 02:30)brviewer Wrote: Hello Bart,

I'm a happy and grateful user of your lovely skin. I've noticed you've been very active with github updates and appear to be happy to take feedback on the forum.

There are two slight tweaks I think would be great.

1) Rating overlays like estuary (and night) skin has where you can get the review average at a glance without having to highligh the item first.  (Image attached below.) If possible, it'd be really cool to see that on the homepage widgets too.

2) The real reason your skin is my favorite is the amazing format and details on the very attractive information page. It'd be nice to have the main info page load without calling up the cast so the page loads faster for times I want to just tap the play button. Definitely not a big deal but I love the skin so the best suggestions I can offer are little "tweaks" =)

Thanks
@brviewer , before I go any further with implementing the rating overlay, could you please let me know how does this look to you:

Please let me know if you like this look, or if you prefer something different.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
(2021-05-13, 22:32)bsoriano Wrote: @brviewer , before I go any further with implementing the rating overlay, could you please let me know how does this look to you:
That looks odd. Just my opinion. Big Grin

My art skills suck, but this looks better IMO.
(2021-05-14, 00:38)shedrock Wrote:
(2021-05-13, 22:32)bsoriano Wrote: @brviewer , before I go any further with implementing the rating overlay, could you please let me know how does this look to you:
That looks odd. Just my opinion. Big Grin

My art skills suck, but this looks better IMO.
@shedrock , thanks! I have been debating between two looks, the one I posted earlier, which is closer to what @brviewer is looking for, similar to Estuary and Night skins, and something like what you are showing:

I will test without the circle also.  My concern about that look (which I prefer) is that it is not too noticeable, whereas the first one is.  Perhaps I can offer both options.  What do you think?

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
(2021-05-14, 16:39)bsoriano Wrote: @shedrock , thanks! I have been debating between two looks, the one I posted earlier, which is closer to what @brviewer is looking for, similar to Estuary and Night skins, and something like what you are showing:
I find this looks better. Although, I don't think this was required in the skin. I don't see what the issue was with the way the ratings were displayed before, but if that's what the other user wanted, then it's not up to me.Big Grin

Regards,

Shedrock
Good morning Bart,

I think something is wrong with the Menu system in Amber. Today I tried to go edit a shelf item under my favorites but as you can see from the pic below, it shows you the items on the 2nd row, but when I go into the settings, it is blank. If I try to add any items to it, it saves, but nothing is visible. This is extremely confusing. I don't know if it's happening to any other ones, but I am afraid to touch those. Let me know if the pics attached explains my issue.

ImageImage

EDIT: Also, the shelve number is mixed up. YouTube II in Menu settings should be YouTube I. I can make a small video to show you if you wish.

Thanks,

Shedrock
(2021-05-16, 12:38)shedrock Wrote: Good morning Bart,

I think something is wrong with the Menu system in Amber. Today I tried to go edit a shelf item under my favorites but as you can see from the pic below, it shows you the items on the 2nd row, but when I go into the settings, it is blank. If I try to add any items to it, it saves, but nothing is visible. This is extremely confusing. I don't know if it's happening to any other ones, but I am afraid to touch those. Let me know if the pics attached explains my issue.

ImageImage

EDIT: Also, the shelve number is mixed up. YouTube II in Menu settings should be YouTube I. I can make a small video to show you if you wish.

Thanks,

Shedrock
@shedrock , I do not know what is going on here, other than it might be an issue with skinshortcuts.  The only change I have made lately (End of April) regarding menu configuration is that I added default shelves to Amber for new installations.  As far as all the tests that I did, this has no effect on any current configuration that you might have.

Could you please post or PM me a link to your "script-skinshortcuts-includes.xml" file?  Perhaps that might have a clue as to what is going on.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
(2021-05-17, 20:50)bsoriano Wrote: @shedrock , I do not know what is going on here, other than it might be an issue with skinshortcuts. 

Hi Bart,

I just this minute finished deleting both shelves and re-doing them over. That was the only way I got it to work. I guess with the constant updates, something went hay-wired. Anyway, it seems to work now and I can edit them just fine.

Regards,

Shedrock
(2021-05-17, 21:37)shedrock Wrote:
(2021-05-17, 20:50)bsoriano Wrote: @shedrock , I do not know what is going on here, other than it might be an issue with skinshortcuts. 

Hi Bart,

I just this minute finished deleting both shelves and re-doing them over. That was the only way I got it to work. I guess with the constant updates, something went hay-wired. Anyway, it seems to work now and I can edit them just fine.

Regards,

Shedrock
@shedrock , great! I am glad it is working correctly now.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
Hello Bart,

i´m a litle confused. I have a problem with the skin. I have no alphabetstrip at the side, yes it is activ.
I hope a new installation solved the Problem. But i see never the possibility to save the skin setting. it is only possible to save th complete system in your skin. This funktion is in coreelec or libreelec integrated. I will only save the skin settings, actual is it never possible to create the background transparency and change the color. This is only a overlay. But the full color costumizing is never possiible.
The next problem, i have notices after install the skin variables. this is not running.

WIth kind regards

Grinario
  • 199(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus5