• 201(current)
Release Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus
There's a typo in "wraparound" in those images above... Wink
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2021-05-22, 18:35)DarrenHill Wrote: There's a typo in "wraparound" in those images above... Wink
@DarrenHill , great catch, thanks! I will fix ASAP.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
Main HTPC: Intel Core i7, 32GB, nVidia GTX1080, Windows 11 Soundbar: Samsung HW-Q950A TV: LG CX Kodi: 19.3 Skin: Amber
(2021-05-22, 18:22)bsoriano Wrote:
(2021-05-22, 18:02)spykos Wrote: @bsoriano 

Hello Bart

Where is the option for wrap-around menu in Amber ?

Also I noticed that compared to default Kodi skin for Leia, Amber skin is slow the first time to access either a USB stick or NAS drive. Tthis is without any movie/fanart info and
on fresh Kodi/Amber setup. Do you know what might be causing this ?
@spykos , for the vertical menu, the option for wraparound navigation is here:

For horizontal menu, I had removed this option while I have been working on making Amber more touch-friendly.  I have added this back (Matrix only at this time, already on GitHub), and the setting is here:

As for what is casuing the slowdown in your system, I do not have an answer.  If you are interested in following this up, please provide a debug log of when you experience the issue, and I will take a look and see if there is anything I can discover from the log.  Thanks.

While I am not actively developing any new features for Leia, I am very interested in keeping Amber running optimally in the widest variety of scenarios possible.  I am not experiencing the issue you mention in Windows, which is my development/testing/production envieronment.

Regards,

Bart

For the wraparound settings I also tried the Matrix one with 3.4.18 but the option was not there.

The performance issue is on both Leia/Matrix using Amber so I can grab the log for you. I am running Kodi on Android TV Box.
So do you want me to enable debug logging and repeat the action under Videos/Files and send you the log ?

BR

Spiros
(2021-05-22, 19:58)spykos Wrote:
(2021-05-22, 18:22)bsoriano Wrote:
(2021-05-22, 18:02)spykos Wrote: @bsoriano 

Hello Bart

Where is the option for wrap-around menu in Amber ?

Also I noticed that compared to default Kodi skin for Leia, Amber skin is slow the first time to access either a USB stick or NAS drive. Tthis is without any movie/fanart info and
on fresh Kodi/Amber setup. Do you know what might be causing this ?
@spykos , for the vertical menu, the option for wraparound navigation is here:

For horizontal menu, I had removed this option while I have been working on making Amber more touch-friendly.  I have added this back (Matrix only at this time, already on GitHub), and the setting is here:

As for what is casuing the slowdown in your system, I do not have an answer.  If you are interested in following this up, please provide a debug log of when you experience the issue, and I will take a look and see if there is anything I can discover from the log.  Thanks.

While I am not actively developing any new features for Leia, I am very interested in keeping Amber running optimally in the widest variety of scenarios possible.  I am not experiencing the issue you mention in Windows, which is my development/testing/production envieronment.

Regards,

Bart

For the wraparound settings I also tried the Matrix one with 3.4.18 but the option was not there.

The performance issue is on both Leia/Matrix using Amber so I can grab the log for you. I am running Kodi on Android TV Box.
So do you want me to enable debug logging and repeat the action under Videos/Files and send you the log ?

BR

Spiros

@spykos, please enable debug logging, quit Kodi, restart Kodi and then repeat the action under Videos/Files. Post here a link to the resulting log. Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
Main HTPC: Intel Core i7, 32GB, nVidia GTX1080, Windows 11 Soundbar: Samsung HW-Q950A TV: LG CX Kodi: 19.3 Skin: Amber
(2021-05-22, 20:13)bsoriano Wrote:
(2021-05-22, 19:58)spykos Wrote:
(2021-05-22, 18:22)bsoriano Wrote: @spykos , for the vertical menu, the option for wraparound navigation is here:

Regards,

Bart

BR

Spiros

@spykos, please enable debug logging, quit Kodi, restart Kodi and then repeat the action under Videos/Files. Post here a link to the resulting log. Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

log uploaded

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_ZcKsvc...sp=sharing
(2021-05-22, 17:07)bsoriano Wrote:
(2021-05-21, 23:10)G0mez Wrote:
Quote:As for movie fanart background, can you please be more specific as to what is not working? Random movie backgrounds changing every so often in the home window, movie extra fanart not showing in media views or something else? Amber in Matrix has all of the same settings as in Leia, and they should work the same.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

I mean, movies on shelves and on library have static fanart background. Wonder if artwork beef made it possible to use dynamic background ? Like if I go to movie library and choose any movie there, was there a way to make it to change automatically background for that movie? Sorry my bad english Cool
@G0mez, if you enable extra fanart in the skin settings, you will see the fanart change automatically for those movies that you have multiple fanarts loaded into your database.

I need to check the code for the shelves to see if I am using extra fanart there.

Regards,

Bart

EDIT: @G0mez , I have added extra fanart for shelves also.  You need to have extra fanart enabled in the skin settings.  The changes are already on GitHub, Matrix only at this time.

Yeh have 'show extrafanart' option enabled on amber settings and when I scanned my movies to kodi library, used universal movie scraper with every scraping options enabled but still no luck Undecided
(2021-05-22, 21:07)G0mez Wrote:
(2021-05-22, 17:07)bsoriano Wrote:
(2021-05-21, 23:10)G0mez Wrote: I mean, movies on shelves and on library have static fanart background. Wonder if artwork beef made it possible to use dynamic background ? Like if I go to movie library and choose any movie there, was there a way to make it to change automatically background for that movie? Sorry my bad english Cool
@G0mez, if you enable extra fanart in the skin settings, you will see the fanart change automatically for those movies that you have multiple fanarts loaded into your database.

I need to check the code for the shelves to see if I am using extra fanart there.

Regards,

Bart

EDIT: @G0mez , I have added extra fanart for shelves also.  You need to have extra fanart enabled in the skin settings.  The changes are already on GitHub, Matrix only at this time.

Yeh have 'show extrafanart' option enabled on amber settings and when I scanned my movies to kodi library, used universal movie scraper with every scraping options enabled but still no luck Undecided
@G0mez, the easiest way to check if your movies actually have extra fanart loaded in the database is to go to the video info dialog for one of them, select the Extras button, and then select Choose Art.  There you can see what artwork you have for that movie.  If you do not have a fanart1, fanart2, etc., then you do not have extra fanart loaded for that movie.  Amber will only display extra fanart that is loaded in the database.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
(2021-05-22, 20:55)spykos Wrote:
(2021-05-22, 20:13)bsoriano Wrote:
(2021-05-22, 19:58)spykos Wrote: For the wraparound settings I also tried the Matrix one with 3.4.18 but the option was not there.

BR

Spiros

Regards,

Bart

log uploaded

@spykos, thanks for the log.  I couldn't find any errors in it or anything that might point out why Amber is slow.  Could you please do the same thing while running Estuary? I mean, switch to Estuary, turn on debug logging, quit Kodi, restart Kodi and then repeat the actions with Videos/Files and send me that log.

That way I can compare.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
Ah that explains it, don't have any extra fanarts there. Such a pitty artwork beef ain't working on matrix :/
(2021-05-22, 21:19)G0mez Wrote: Ah that explains it, don't have any extra fanarts there. Such a pitty artwork beef ain't working on matrix :/
@G0mez, you shouldn't need it if you have local artwork in your movie folders.  You can set Artwork to Maximum in Kodi settings and rescan your movie sources and Kodi will load all of the local artwork it finds into the db.  The artwork just needs to be named correctly, like fanart1.jpg, clearlogo.png, discart.png, etc.

If you relied on getting the artwork online, my understanding is that the scraper should load the artwork into the db.  Unfortunately, I do not use any of the scrapers, only the local info scraper.  I get all of my metadata and artwork using tinymediamanager outside of Kodi, and have a local NFO file and local artwork for all of my media.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
Yeh seems like universal movie scraper doesn't have any option for extra fanart, only fanart
(2021-05-22, 21:50)G0mez Wrote: Yeh seems like universal movie scraper doesn't have any option for extra fanart, only fanart

Reading this thread, It occurred to me that you can try the following:

1. Settings> Media> Videos (Artwork Section)> Artwork level "Custom"
2. On Movie and TV Show whitelist select all options and add desired, including "fanart1", fanart2... etc.
3. Refresh (Reload) a TV Show or Movie to see changes...
    Or you can try (just to be sure) erase a movie from db and re-scrape to load extrafanart from online provider.

I don't know if it will scrape extrafanarts from online providers, but I think it is worth trying...
Please let me know what happens (I also have all my media locally Smile)
(2021-05-22, 22:22)lynxstrike Wrote:
(2021-05-22, 21:50)G0mez Wrote: Yeh seems like universal movie scraper doesn't have any option for extra fanart, only fanart

2. On Movie and TV Show whitelist select all options and add desired, including "fanart1", fanart2... etc.
    Or you can try (just to be sure) erase a movie from db and re-scrape to load extrafanart from online provider.

I don't know if it will scrape extrafanarts from online providers, but I think it is worth trying...

Unfortunatelly there isn't option to whitelist fanart or extrafanart and no option to even add them, atleast on android which im using. universal movie scraper and TMDB scraper doesn't have option to scrape extrafanart, they can only scrape regular fanart :/

This brings up a question, or suggestion, if amber could have option to use fanart, instead of extrafanart?
(2021-05-22, 21:16)bsoriano Wrote:
(2021-05-22, 20:55)spykos Wrote:
(2021-05-22, 20:13)bsoriano Wrote: @spykos, please enable debug logging, quit Kodi, restart Kodi and then repeat the action under Videos/Files. Post here a link to the resulting log. Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

log uploaded

@spykos, thanks for the log.  I couldn't find any errors in it or anything that might point out why Amber is slow.  Could you please do the same thing while running Estuary? I mean, switch to Estuary, turn on debug logging, quit Kodi, restart Kodi and then repeat the actions with Videos/Files and send me that log.

That way I can compare.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Here you are. Also included logs from matrix. Could it be that the default skin reads/buffer the access to external drive during loading of kodi and this is why I do not
see the delay ?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1qbp_SMR...sp=sharing

Also for vertical menu is there a way to make it transparent ?

BR

Spiros
(2021-05-23, 09:18)G0mez Wrote:
(2021-05-22, 22:22)lynxstrike Wrote:

Unfortunatelly there isn't option to whitelist fanart or extrafanart and no option to even add them, atleast on android which im using. universal movie scraper and TMDB scraper doesn't have option to scrape extrafanart, they can only scrape regular fanart :/

This brings up a question, or suggestion, if amber could have option to use fanart, instead of extrafanart?
@G0mez , I do not understand your question? Amber uses fanart, and the extra fanart it uses is as per Kodi standards. https://kodi.wiki/view/Artwork_types

Regards,
Amber Maintainer
  • 201(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus5