• 202(current)
Release Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus
(2021-05-23, 10:30)spykos Wrote:
(2021-05-22, 21:16)bsoriano Wrote:
(2021-05-22, 20:55)spykos Wrote: log uploaded

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_ZcKsvc...sp=sharing
@spykos, thanks for the log.  I couldn't find any errors in it or anything that might point out why Amber is slow.  Could you please do the same thing while running Estuary? I mean, switch to Estuary, turn on debug logging, quit Kodi, restart Kodi and then repeat the actions with Videos/Files and send me that log.

That way I can compare.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Here you are. Also included logs from matrix. Could it be that the default skin reads/buffer the access to external drive during loading of kodi and this is why I do not
see the delay ?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1qbp_SMR...sp=sharing

Also for vertical menu is there a way to make it transparent ?

BR

Spiros
@spykos , thanks, I will look at the logs.  What are you looking to be transparent in the vertical menu?

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
Main HTPC: Intel Core i7, 32GB, nVidia GTX1080, Windows 11 Soundbar: Samsung HW-Q950A TV: LG CX Kodi: 19.3 Skin: Amber
(2021-05-22, 21:16)bsoriano Wrote:
(2021-05-22, 20:55)spykos Wrote: log uploaded

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_ZcKsvc...sp=sharing
@spykos, thanks for the log.  I couldn't find any errors in it or anything that might point out why Amber is slow.  Could you please do the same thing while running Estuary? I mean, switch to Estuary, turn on debug logging, quit Kodi, restart Kodi and then repeat the actions with Videos/Files and send me that log.

Regards,

Bart
Here you are. Also included logs from matrix. Could it be that the default skin reads/buffer the access to external drive during loading of kodi and this is why I do not
see the delay ?

BR

Spiros
@spykos , I compared the logs.  Only differences I can see is that Amber is loaded and run form diffferent storage than Estuary, and it takes half the time to load Estuary than to load Amber.  I do not know your environment so I cannot comment on whether that is the root cause.  Also, Amber loads the favourites script and the skinshortcuts script at the start, which Estuary does not.

I have no idea what is going on, and, if possible, please try a different skin, one that is also skinshortcuts based, like Aeon Nox Silvo, or Arctic Horizon to see if they exhibit the same delay as Amber.  If they do, then it might be the difference in storage from where Estuary runs vs. other skins.  If that is not really an issue, I am at a loss and have no further recommendations or suggestions.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
Main HTPC: Intel Core i7, 32GB, nVidia GTX1080, Windows 11 Soundbar: Samsung HW-Q950A TV: LG CX Kodi: 19.3 Skin: Amber
(2021-05-23, 20:40)bsoriano Wrote:
(2021-05-22, 21:16)bsoriano Wrote: @spykos, thanks for the log.  I couldn't find any errors in it or anything that might point out why Amber is slow.  Could you please do the same thing while running Estuary? I mean, switch to Estuary, turn on debug logging, quit Kodi, restart Kodi and then repeat the actions with Videos/Files and send me that log.

Regards,

Bart
see the delay ?

BR

Spiros
@spykos , thanks, I will look at the logs.  What are you looking to be transparent in the vertical menu?

Regards,

Bart
For example to make the vertical menu (text or icons) completely transparent (ie. without the dark background).
(2021-05-24, 16:23)spykos Wrote:
(2021-05-23, 20:40)bsoriano Wrote:
(2021-05-23, 10:30)spykos Wrote: Here you are. Also included logs from matrix. Could it be that the default skin reads/buffer the access to external drive during loading of kodi and this is why I do not
see the delay ?

BR

Spiros

Regards,

Bart
For example to make the vertical menu (text or icons) completely transparent (ie. without the dark background).
@spykos , you mean like this:

If so, you can already do this via the Color Options in Amber settings (Matrix only at the moment, from GitHub), since I added back the use of script.skin.helper.colorpicker for color management.  You can change the opacity of the vertical menu/submenu background tint to 0%.  Like so:

Please let me know if this is what you were looking for.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
(2021-05-24, 18:32)bsoriano Wrote:
(2021-05-24, 16:23)spykos Wrote:
(2021-05-23, 20:40)bsoriano Wrote: @spykos , thanks, I will look at the logs.  What are you looking to be transparent in the vertical menu?

Regards,

Bart

If so, you can already do this via the Color Options in Amber settings (Matrix only at the moment, from GitHub), since I added back the use of script.skin.helper.colorpicker for color management.  You can change the opacity of the vertical menu/submenu background tint to 0%.  Like so:

Regards,

Bart

Yes that one thanks. So I set the tint to FF value to make it transparent. Got confused as it was white beforeSmile

Some bugs I noticed while setting the vertical menu to icon only:

1. If you set menu static the last icon (power) is not shown.
2. Show menu item name has no effect. Name is only displayed if you set the name to show in top bar.

Also although I enabled Choosing Default Menu Item, when I set an item to be the default and restart kodi
is not selected.

All above were tried with Matrix.

BR

Spiros
(2021-05-24, 21:18)spykos Wrote:
(2021-05-24, 16:23)spykos Wrote: For example to make the vertical menu (text or icons) completely transparent (ie. without the dark background).

Regards,

Bart

Yes that one thanks. So I set the tint to FF value to make it transparent. Got confused as it was white beforeSmile

2. Show menu item name has no effect. Name is only displayed if you set the name to show in top bar.

Also although I enabled Choosing Default Menu Item, when I set an item to be the default and restart kodi
is not selected.

BR

Spiros
@spykos , use the opacity slider and set the opacity to 0%.  That actually equates to having 00, not FF, as the first two digits of the color to make it transparent.

I will take a look at the other issues.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
(2021-05-24, 16:23)spykos Wrote: For example to make the vertical menu (text or icons) completely transparent (ie. without the dark background).

Regards,

Bart

is not selected.

BR

Spiros
@spykos , in regards to the issues you mentioned:

1. I have fixed this, the changes are on GitHub.

2.  Also fixed.

3.  I cannot replicate this issue, at least under Windows.  The steps should be:

a. Enable the option in Amber Settings, Home Layout:

Then, in the menu configuration dialog, select "Make Default Menu Item" for the menu item you wish to be the default:

Please take a look at the label on the top right of the dialog, and ensure that it states the menu item you wish to be default.  In the screenshot above, the label states: "Current Default Menu Item: TV Shows".  After that, just go back to the main menu (this step is important!), and then quit Kodi and restart.  The menu item you chose should be selected.

You need to have script.embuary.helper installed and enabled for this function to work.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
(2021-05-24, 23:35)bsoriano Wrote:
(2021-05-24, 18:32)bsoriano Wrote: @spykos , you mean like this:

Regards,

Bart

is not selected.

BR

Spiros

2.  Also fixed.

3.  I cannot replicate this issue, at least under Windows.  The steps should be:

Then, in the menu configuration dialog, select "Make Default Menu Item" for the menu item you wish to be the default:

Please take a look at the label on the top right of the dialog, and ensure that it states the menu item you wish to be default.  In the screenshot above, the label states: "Current Default Menu Item: TV Shows".  After that, just go back to the main menu (this step is important!), and then quit Kodi and restart.  The menu item you chose should be selected.

You need to have script.embuary.helper installed and enabled for this function to work.

Regards,

Bart

Have you also tried deleting and moving menus and then setting the default ?

Will the fixed changes be on 3.4.19 or I need to download from git ?
(2021-05-25, 12:39)spykos Wrote:
(2021-05-24, 23:35)bsoriano Wrote:
(2021-05-24, 21:18)spykos Wrote: Yes that one thanks. So I set the tint to FF value to make it transparent. Got confused as it was white beforeSmile

is not selected.

BR

Spiros

2.  Also fixed.

Regards,

Bart

Have you also tried deleting and moving menus and then setting the default ?

Will the fixed changes be on 3.4.19 or I need to download from git ?
@spykos, I will do further testing with deleting and moving menus, I had done testing disabling menu items and the default worked fine.

You will need to download from Git, there are a few other things that I need to finish before releasing a new version.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
Hi @bsoriano 

One thing I have noticed for Music plying with extrafanart enabled is that it is showing all artwork from the Artist Information folder i.e folder.jpg, clearlogo.png etc. Is there a way to limit it to just rotate through the fanart.jpg, fanart1.jpg etc ?

Thanks
Hello all,

I did some further testing of the default menu functionality, at the request of user @spykos .  The result is that you need to set again the default menu item if you move menu items or delete menu items.  This is because Amber relies on the position of the menu item to move to it on Kodi start, and that position changes if you move menu items or delete menu items.

I understand that this is extra steps, but at the same time I think this is a small price to pay for having that functionality.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
(2021-05-25, 13:39)zorg2000k Wrote: Hi @bsoriano 

One thing I have noticed for Music plying with extrafanart enabled is that it is showing all artwork from the Artist Information folder i.e folder.jpg, clearlogo.png etc. Is there a way to limit it to just rotate through the fanart.jpg, fanart1.jpg etc ?

Thanks
@zorg2000k , I cannot replicate that issue.  What I noticed is that if "Use Artist Slideshow for Fanart" was disabled in the skin settings, then only the default artist fanart would show when playing muisc (full screen).  I just added the code so that extra fanart will show when playing music.  Amber will show up to 20 fanarts.  The changes are already on GitHub (Matrix only at this time).

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
Bsoliano, Just wanted to pop in and give you the props you deserve. Just wanted to thank you for being so consistent on making this skin the best, and helping with other skins here at the same time. Your efforts are truly appreciated. THANK YOU!!!
(2021-05-25, 17:43)jdig4240 Wrote: Bsoliano, Just wanted to pop in and give you the props you deserve. Just wanted to thank you for being so consistent on making this skin the best, and helping with other skins here at the same time. Your efforts are truly appreciated. THANK YOU!!!

@jdig4240 , thank you so much for your kind words! It feels good to know what you do is appreciated.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
Hi Bart,

Okay, this is super weird. The upshot is that at some point last week I manually updated Amber from the git (as I often do) and then started having a computer freezing issue. I didn't immediately connect the freeze to Amber because 1) that would be crazy and 2) I had done some other computer updates about the same time if not at the very same time. I started a thread in the Kodi forums here so you can see the odyssey of puzzlement as it unfolded:

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid3039573

I honestly have zero idea how using the Ken Burns effect (which I had asked if you could implement some time ago and has been working without issue until last week) would make my computer freeze to the point of having to manually force the power off and reboot, but it's working now. I just turned the Ken Burns effect back on to test and bam... instant freeze when I turn my tv and receiver on. Obviously not being able to use the effect isn't catastrophic, but I'd love to know how in the world turning it on would have this effect. Any ideas? One of the Kodi guys was helping me out and thought it might be a low RAM situation, but this is on a 2080 ti (latest drivers of course) which has 11gb RAM.
Windows 11 Pro, Kodi 20, AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, 32gb RAM, nVidia 3080 ti
  • 202(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus5