• 204(current)
Release Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus
(2021-06-03, 20:32)shedrock Wrote: @bsoriano - Hi Bart,

I am not complaining, but it looks weird with all that real estate to the right where the cover art was. Maybe I am missing something here, but in previous versions of Amber (4.2.99), this was not an issue. Look at the screenshot below. I have the Plot and Cast. I don't have that feature on the latest Amber version. All I have is the Cast, and it would still be great to turn off the poster image as well, or have it use clearart, logo or when set to off, it utilizes the entire space with the plot. Let me know what you think.

Regards,

Shedrock
@shedrock , thanks for the additional feedback.  The plot and cast buttons are no longer there in that screen, since they made it impossible (at least I could not find a way) to use the seek numeric function in that screen.  I agree that there is a lot of unused space with the poster turned off.

I can change it so that the plot covers the whole area, sure.  In terms of logo or clear art, did you mean use those instead of the poster, in the same space, or if the poster is off, put the logo or clear art right above the info panel, on the right? If you meant having the option to use logo or clear art instead of the poster, were you thinking about using the same space where the poster is, but, say, not go above the panel? Please let me know a little more of how you envisioned it.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
Main HTPC: Intel Core i7, 32GB, nVidia GTX1080, Windows 11 Soundbar: Samsung HW-Q950A TV: LG CX Kodi: 19.3 Skin: Amber
(2021-06-03, 22:16)bsoriano Wrote: I can change it so that the plot covers the whole area, sure.  In terms of logo or clear art, did you mean use those instead of the poster, in the same space, or if the poster is off, put the logo or clear art right above the info panel, on the right? If you meant having the option to use logo or clear art instead of the poster, were you thinking about using the same space where the poster is, but, say, not go above the panel? Please let me know a little more of how you envisioned it.  Thanks.
I meant have the option to use clearlogo, clearart or poster. IF none of those are used, then the plot covers all of that area.

Also, I am not sure what you meant by since "they made it impossible" to show the plot/cast like before. You see, I usually only watch TV Shows, and there is a known bug with LE and the Cast not showing so I rarely used the info option while watching an episode, but since we've been home more nowadays, I watch more movies and realized that there is no cast & plot anymore like before. To me this was a very necessary feature of any skin.

Regards,

Shedrock
(2021-06-03, 22:56)shedrock Wrote:
(2021-06-03, 22:16)bsoriano Wrote: I can change it so that the plot covers the whole area, sure.  In terms of logo or clear art, did you mean use those instead of the poster, in the same space, or if the poster is off, put the logo or clear art right above the info panel, on the right? If you meant having the option to use logo or clear art instead of the poster, were you thinking about using the same space where the poster is, but, say, not go above the panel? Please let me know a little more of how you envisioned it.  Thanks.
I meant have the option to use clearlogo, clearart or poster. IF none of those are used, then the plot covers all of that area.

Also, I am not sure what you meant by since "they made it impossible" to show the plot/cast like before. You see, I usually only watch TV Shows, and there is a known bug with LE and the Cast not showing so I rarely used the info option while watching an episode, but since we've been home more nowadays, I watch more movies and realized that there is no cast & plot anymore like before. To me this was a very necessary feature of any skin.

Regards,

Shedrock
@shedrock , thanks for the info.  Where would you think the clear art/clear logo would look best, in the same space that was occupied by the poster, without going above the panel, or would you rather have them above the panel, and have the plot cover the area in the panel?

The Cast/Plot buttons made it impossible to use the seek numeric function in that screen, since whenever you typed a number that you wanted to seek to and pressed Enter or clicked OK, either the cast or plot button would take the action, so no seeking was done.  I removed the buttons.  The plot is there as before when you use this screen.  You just cannot get the cast from this screen.

As you know, you can always bring up the OSD (instead of just info), and use the I button to pause the media and bring up the whole video info dialog for the media you are watching.  That will show you the cast, plot, etc.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
Main HTPC: Intel Core i7, 32GB, nVidia GTX1080, Windows 11 Soundbar: Samsung HW-Q950A TV: LG CX Kodi: 19.3 Skin: Amber
(2021-06-04, 00:06)bsoriano Wrote: Where would you think the clear art/clear logo would look best, in the same space that was occupied by the poster, without going above the panel
I think it would look good in the area where the poster was.
(2021-06-04, 00:06)bsoriano Wrote: The Cast/Plot buttons made it impossible to use the seek numeric function in that screen, since whenever you typed a number that you wanted to seek to and pressed Enter or clicked OK, either the cast or plot button would take the action, so no seeking was done.  I removed the buttons.
That's sucks, but nothing I can do about it. Big Grin
(2021-06-04, 00:06)bsoriano Wrote: As you know, you can always bring up the OSD (instead of just info), and use the I button to pause the media and bring up the whole video info dialog for the media you are watching.  That will show you the cast, plot, etc.
I use the "I" button while the movie is playing. The OSD is my "Menu" button when playing a movie, but I don't see an option for Plot/Cast info. I am obviously missing something here. Big Grin

Shedrock
(2021-06-04, 00:23)shedrock Wrote:
(2021-06-04, 00:06)bsoriano Wrote: Where would you think the clear art/clear logo would look best, in the same space that was occupied by the poster, without going above the panel
I think it would look good in the area where the poster was.
(2021-06-04, 00:06)bsoriano Wrote: The Cast/Plot buttons made it impossible to use the seek numeric function in that screen, since whenever you typed a number that you wanted to seek to and pressed Enter or clicked OK, either the cast or plot button would take the action, so no seeking was done.  I removed the buttons.
That's sucks, but nothing I can do about it. Big Grin
(2021-06-04, 00:06)bsoriano Wrote: As you know, you can always bring up the OSD (instead of just info), and use the I button to pause the media and bring up the whole video info dialog for the media you are watching.  That will show you the cast, plot, etc.
I use the "I" button while the movie is playing. The OSD is my "Menu" button when playing a movie, but I don't see an option for Plot/Cast info. I am obviously missing something here. Big Grin

Shedrock
@shedrock , there is a setting that allows you to bring up the video info dialog from the OSD:

You need service.library.data.provider for this setting to show up.  

Once you enable it, you can press the i button on the OSD, as shown here:

Which will bring up this:

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
(2021-06-04, 00:32)bsoriano Wrote: @shedrock , there is a setting that allows you to bring up the video info dialog from the OSD:
This skin is so advanced now that I haven't even figured out all the features as of yet. Anyway, I have the additional addon so I will turn on that option and give it a go.

Thanks for your assistance Bart. Very much appreciated.
@shedrock , I have added a new option so that you choose which art type you want to display in the OSD/Full Screen.  The available options are:

- None
- Poster/Thumb
- Clear Logo
- Clear Art
- Disc Art
- Character Art

You will find the new option here:

And when you select that, you will get a dialog that will let you choose, like so:

Here are two examples with Clear Logo:

And here are two examples with Clear Art:

Here are tow examples with None, and the plot occupying the available space:

And finally, here is an example with Disc Art:

The changes are already on GitHub (Matrix or Leia).  Please download, test, and let me know if this is what you were looking for.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
(2021-06-04, 22:54)bsoriano Wrote: The changes are already on GitHub (Matrix or Leia).  Please download, test, and let me know if this is what you were looking for.  Thanks.
This is absolutely fantastic. I shall check it out as soon as I can. Probably in the AM, and get back to you.

Thank you so much for this Bart. You're awesome!

Shedrock
@bsoriano - Hi Bart,

This looks great. Again, thank you very much for this.

I also wanted to ask you in the past but kept forgetting. In the attached image, I am not sure if it is intentional, or if it was an oversight. I believe it should be showing the S11.E23 and not the way it is now. It always confuses my wife and I when we bring up the info and see it the way it is now.

Regards,

Shedrock
(2021-06-02, 22:53)bsoriano Wrote:
(2021-06-02, 00:39)shedrock Wrote:
(2021-06-02, 00:14)bsoriano Wrote: @shedrock , no worries! I did see the update to your post.  As soon as I finish the work on the rating overlays, I will start working on this.
Thanks Bart. No rush.
@shedrock , please try the latest from GitHub (Matrix or Leia).  You will find a new option here:

Please let me know if this is what you were looking for.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

Hi Bart
Is there a extra addon you need to load to get the HIDE POSTER/THUMB ON OSD to show as i can’t see it? I have loaded the lastest github version.

Cheers

John
(2021-06-09, 02:18)dawsonjw Wrote: Is there a extra addon you need to load to get the HIDE POSTER/THUMB ON OSD to show as i can’t see it? I have loaded the lastest github version.
No additional add-on is required for that option. You may have to double check the files you updated, or do a file comparison. It definitely works.

Regards,

Shedrock
(2021-06-09, 02:33)shedrock Wrote:
(2021-06-09, 02:18)dawsonjw Wrote: Is there a extra addon you need to load to get the HIDE POSTER/THUMB ON OSD to show as i can’t see it? I have loaded the lastest github version.
No additional add-on is required for that option. You may have to double check the files you updated, or do a file comparison. It definitely works.

Regards,

Shedrock

@shedrock, @dawsonjw, the option is not there anymore. It has been replaced with the setting "Full Screen/OSD Art". You can choose None (which will hide the poster/thumb), Poster/Thumb, Clear Logo, Clear Art, Disc Art or Character Art.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
(2021-06-09, 02:53)bsoriano Wrote:
(2021-06-09, 02:33)shedrock Wrote:

Regards,

Shedrock

@shedrock, @dawsonjw, the option is not there anymore. It has been replaced with the setting "Full Screen/OSD Art". You can choose None (which will hide the poster/thumb), Poster/Thumb, Clear Logo, Clear Art, Disc Art or Character Art.

Regards,

Bart

Goodo. Thanks for that

Cheers

John
(2021-06-09, 02:53)bsoriano Wrote: the option is not there anymore. It has been replaced with the setting "Full Screen/OSD Art". You can choose None (which will hide the poster/thumb), Poster/Thumb, Clear Logo, Clear Art, Disc Art or Character Art.
Thanks Bart,

I forgot you changed it. Whenever you have time, can you look at this post: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid3041443 - No rush.

Regards
@bsoriano 

Thank you for all the time, patience and hard work you put into the Kodi skinning projects. The addition you made (Right List view) to the Amber skin looks stunning.    Smile

Sincerely,

• 204(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus5