• 205(current)
Release Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus
(2021-06-10, 15:52)lynxstrike Wrote: @bsoriano 

Thank you for all the time, patience and hard work you put into the Kodi skinning projects. The addition you made (Right List view) to the Amber skin looks stunning.    Smile

Sincerely,

@lynxstrike , thank you for your kind words! Smile

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
Main HTPC: Intel Core i7, 32GB, nVidia GTX1080, Windows 11 Soundbar: Samsung HW-Q950A TV: LG CX Kodi: 19.3 Skin: Amber
(2021-06-09, 16:16)shedrock Wrote:
(2021-06-09, 02:53)bsoriano Wrote: the option is not there anymore. It has been replaced with the setting "Full Screen/OSD Art". You can choose None (which will hide the poster/thumb), Poster/Thumb, Clear Logo, Clear Art, Disc Art or Character Art.
Thanks Bart,

I forgot you changed it. Whenever you have time, can you look at this post: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid3041443 - No rush.

Regards
@shedrock , please try the latest from GitHub.  This should be fixed now.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
Main HTPC: Intel Core i7, 32GB, nVidia GTX1080, Windows 11 Soundbar: Samsung HW-Q950A TV: LG CX Kodi: 19.3 Skin: Amber
@lynxstrike , thank you for asking for a Right List view, and @shedrock , thank you for weighing in on your preference.

The examples that @lynxstrike provided reminded me of how much I liked the "Episodes" view from Aeon MadNox (that is the first example provided), so I decided to recreate that view as the Right List view in Amber.  It has been an interesting and rewarding experience to bring this to Amber, so thanks again.

The new Right List view in Amber (changes are already on GitHub, for both Matrix and Leia) is available for movies, sets, tv shows, seasons and episodes.  I will look into adding it for music videos, artists, albums and songs at a later time.

This is an example of how the view can look like for movies:

The view has a few options, as you can see here:

Some of these options are slef-explanatory, like Show Poster and Show Logo.  Here is an example with both of those turned off:

The above screenshot shows one of the options for the list item type: Clear Logo.  

The other options are Banner:

And Text:

As you can see from the above screenshots, you can turn on an option to fade out the unfocused items, which makes the focused item stand out more.  Here is what it looks like with that option turned off:

You can also disable the floor texture, which then makes the view look like this:

It is important to note that all of the elements that appear at the bottom can be enabled or disabled, through the corresponding settings in Settings, Skin Settings, Media Views, Select Items to Show in Views:

You can also enable an information popup, for which you can configure the delay.  How it works is that when you stop on an item, after the configured amount of seconds the info popup will appear, something like this:

I think that covers most of the options, please explore them all and let me know what you think.

Here is how the view looks like for Seasons, Episodes and Sets:

NOTE: In order for the ratings to show up, you need to have script.embuary.helper installed and enabled in your system.  This is necessary, since Kodi does not show the ratings (other than the main rating) outside of the video info dialog.

Please test, and let me know what you think and any issues you might find.  Thank you!

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
Hey Bart,

The leia branch shows an update from an hour ago to implement the right list but the matrix branch is showing last update two days ago and I can't test it in the skin. From the screen shots it looks Awesome! You continue to make really great improvements to the skin and add features I never knew I needed. Really great work that is much appreciated =)
(2021-06-10, 19:03)brviewer Wrote: Hey Bart,

The leia branch shows an update from an hour ago to implement the right list but the matrix branch is showing last update two days ago and I can't test it in the skin. From the screen shots it looks Awesome! You continue to make really great improvements to the skin and add features I never knew I needed. Really great work that is much appreciated =)
@brviewer, thank you! Smile

It is strange about GitHub, I just looked on the website, and all of the commits are there, including those from yesterday and today.  I am not sure what the issue is in this case.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
Do you not have usermeter ratings in your db? I don't see the popcorn ratings on Indiana Jones movie you posted
(2021-06-10, 20:05)Edworld Wrote: Do you not have usermeter ratings in your db? I don't see the popcorn ratings on Indiana Jones movie you posted
@Edworld , I do not.  The media manager I am using did not scrape that.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
Bart:

What settings do I need to select to show ratings in all views?
(2021-06-10, 21:12)Edworld Wrote: Bart:

What settings do I need to select to show ratings in all views?
@Edworld , at this time, only the Right List view shows ratings.  All of the other views show the main rating.  I need to evaluate on a view by view basis how to include the ratings.  If you enable "Show Raring Overlay", all views will show a rating overlay (on the top left of the poster/banner, similar to the top right watched overlay), that displays the main rating.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
Is this view Matrix only?
(2021-06-10, 21:33)Edworld Wrote: Is this view Matrix only?

@Edworld , no, the changes are on GitHub for both Matrix and Leia.  

What do you think about this for ratings for the regular List view:

Please let me know.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
I love having ratings but sometimes it affects the view in a negative way.

There are some skins that either show the media flags or the ratings, there is no easy answer on this view. An option would be to display them under the movie title (Rocky) ?
(2021-06-10, 22:51)Edworld Wrote: I love having ratings but sometimes it affects the view in a negative way.

There are some skins that either show the media flags or the ratings, there is no easy answer on this view. An option would be to display them under the movie title (Rocky) ?
@Edworld , you are correct, there is no easy answer.  There just is not enough space in this view to have ratings inside the original view area.  Do you know of any skin that displays ratings in list views in a "pleasing" way?

For now, I will continue to include ratings only on the Right List view.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
(2021-06-10, 18:37)bsoriano Wrote: @lynxstrike , thank you for asking for a Right List view, and @shedrock , thank you for weighing in on your preference.

The examples that @lynxstrike provided reminded me of how much I liked the "Episodes" view from Aeon MadNox (that is the first example provided), so I decided to recreate that view as the Right List view in Amber.  It has been an interesting and rewarding experience to bring this to Amber, so thanks again.

The new Right List view in Amber (changes are already on GitHub, for both Matrix and Leia) is available for movies, sets, tv shows, seasons and episodes.  I will look into adding it for music videos, artists, albums and songs at a later time.

This is an example of how the view can look like for movies:

The view has a few options, as you can see here:

Some of these options are slef-explanatory, like Show Poster and Show Logo.  Here is an example with both of those turned off:

The above screenshot shows one of the options for the list item type: Clear Logo.  

The other options are Banner:

And Text:

As you can see from the above screenshots, you can turn on an option to fade out the unfocused items, which makes the focused item stand out more.  Here is what it looks like with that option turned off:

You can also disable the floor texture, which then makes the view look like this:

It is important to note that all of the elements that appear at the bottom can be enabled or disabled, through the corresponding settings in Settings, Skin Settings, Media Views, Select Items to Show in Views:

You can also enable an information popup, for which you can configure the delay.  How it works is that when you stop on an item, after the configured amount of seconds the info popup will appear, something like this:

I think that covers most of the options, please explore them all and let me know what you think.

Here is how the view looks like for Seasons, Episodes and Sets:

NOTE: In order for the ratings to show up, you need to have script.embuary.helper installed and enabled in your system.  This is necessary, since Kodi does not show the ratings (other than the main rating) outside of the video info dialog.

Please test, and let me know what you think and any issues you might find.  Thank you!

Regards,

Bart

Hi Bart
Thanks for the great work on this. Looks fabulous so I thought I give it a go. Just installed latest from GitHub and noted the following. If you go into Movies and change the view, Right List shows as a selectable item but when you select it, the option panel shows List as the selection whilst the view selection panel shows as right list. None of the newer options appear on the options panel.  Further if you select any of the other views they work fine, its just Right List that won't work

Now I loaded same github files to my desktop PC and it works as advertised.  Any ideas on this weird behaviour.

This is the debug log.

https://paste.kodi.tv/uvukuwagoc

Cheers

John
(2021-06-10, 22:59)bsoriano Wrote:
(2021-06-10, 22:51)Edworld Wrote: I love having ratings but sometimes it affects the view in a negative way.

@Edworld , you are correct, there is no easy answer.  There just is not enough space in this view to have ratings inside the original view area.  Do you know of any skin that displays ratings in list views in a "pleasing" way?

For now, I will continue to include ratings only on the Right List view.

Regards,

Bart

Fanart view and netflix are also candidates for ratings...
  • 205(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus5