• 206(current)
Release Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus
(2021-06-11, 07:08)dawsonjw Wrote:
(2021-06-10, 18:37)bsoriano Wrote: @lynxstrike , thank you for asking for a Right List view, and @shedrock , thank you for weighing in on your preference.

The examples that @lynxstrike provided reminded me of how much I liked the "Episodes" view from Aeon MadNox (that is the first example provided), so I decided to recreate that view as the Right List view in Amber.  It has been an interesting and rewarding experience to bring this to Amber, so thanks again.

The new Right List view in Amber (changes are already on GitHub, for both Matrix and Leia) is available for movies, sets, tv shows, seasons and episodes.  I will look into adding it for music videos, artists, albums and songs at a later time.

This is an example of how the view can look like for movies:

The view has a few options, as you can see here:

Some of these options are slef-explanatory, like Show Poster and Show Logo.  Here is an example with both of those turned off:

The above screenshot shows one of the options for the list item type: Clear Logo.  

The other options are Banner:

And Text:

As you can see from the above screenshots, you can turn on an option to fade out the unfocused items, which makes the focused item stand out more.  Here is what it looks like with that option turned off:

You can also disable the floor texture, which then makes the view look like this:

It is important to note that all of the elements that appear at the bottom can be enabled or disabled, through the corresponding settings in Settings, Skin Settings, Media Views, Select Items to Show in Views:

You can also enable an information popup, for which you can configure the delay.  How it works is that when you stop on an item, after the configured amount of seconds the info popup will appear, something like this:

I think that covers most of the options, please explore them all and let me know what you think.

Here is how the view looks like for Seasons, Episodes and Sets:

NOTE: In order for the ratings to show up, you need to have script.embuary.helper installed and enabled in your system.  This is necessary, since Kodi does not show the ratings (other than the main rating) outside of the video info dialog.

Please test, and let me know what you think and any issues you might find.  Thank you!

Regards,

Bart

Hi Bart
Thanks for the great work on this. Looks fabulous so I thought I give it a go. Just installed latest from GitHub and noted the following. If you go into Movies and change the view, Right List shows as a selectable item but when you select it, the option panel shows List as the selection whilst the view selection panel shows as right list. None of the newer options appear on the options panel.  Further if you select any of the other views they work fine, its just Right List that won't work

Now I loaded same github files to my desktop PC and it works as advertised.  Any ideas on this weird behaviour.

This is the debug log.

https://paste.kodi.tv/uvukuwagoc

Cheers

John
@dawsonjw , thanks for the log.  I found the issue and fixed it.  Could you please try the latest from GitHub and let me know that it is indeed fixed? Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
Main HTPC: Intel Core i7, 32GB, nVidia GTX1080, Windows 11 Soundbar: Samsung HW-Q950A TV: LG CX Kodi: 19.3 Skin: Amber
(2021-06-11, 14:58)Edworld Wrote:
(2021-06-10, 22:59)bsoriano Wrote:
(2021-06-10, 22:51)Edworld Wrote: I love having ratings but sometimes it affects the view in a negative way.

There are some skins that either show the media flags or the ratings, there is no easy answer on this view. An option would be to display them under the movie title (Rocky) ?
@Edworld , you are correct, there is no easy answer.  There just is not enough space in this view to have ratings inside the original view area.  Do you know of any skin that displays ratings in list views in a "pleasing" way?

For now, I will continue to include ratings only on the Right List view.

Regards,

Bart

Fanart view and netflix are also candidates for ratings...
@Edworld , where would you place the ratings in this view? If you could point it out in a screenshot that would be great, thank you.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
Main HTPC: Intel Core i7, 32GB, nVidia GTX1080, Windows 11 Soundbar: Samsung HW-Q950A TV: LG CX Kodi: 19.3 Skin: Amber
Bart, when you're free could you look into my "How do I reset Amber?" topic...
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=363058

I followed the advice of deleting the 'settings.xml' file. But that only reset the colors.

All the messed up home screen menu changes I was playing around with...are not getting reset. 

I even tried fully uninstalling/re-installing the skin (confirming I wanted to delete settings in the pop-up), but that did nothing to reset the past home screen menu changes.
(2021-06-11, 16:59)FamShoppa Wrote: Bart, when you're free could you look into my "How do I reset Amber?" topic...

I followed the advice of deleting the 'settings.xml' file. But that only reset the colors.

All the messed up home screen menu changes I was playing around with...are not getting reset. 

I even tried fully uninstalling/re-installing the skin (confirming I wanted to delete settings in the pop-up), but that did nothing to reset the past home screen menu changes.

@FamShoppa, the best way to completely reset it is:

1. Quit Kodi
2. Delete the "script-skinshortcuts-includes.xml" file from the skin's 1080i folder.
3. Delete all files that contain "Amber" from the <userdata>\addon_data\script.skinshortcuts\ folder
4. Delete the settings.xml from the <userdata>\addon_data\skin.amber\ folder.

5. Restart Kodi

That should get you a default skin configuration, including menus and widgets.

Please let me know how it goes. Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
(2021-06-11, 17:39)bsoriano Wrote:
(2021-06-11, 16:59)FamShoppa Wrote: Bart, when you're free could you look into my "How do I reset Amber?" topic...

@FamShoppa, the best way to completely reset it is:

1. Quit Kodi
2. Delete the "script-skinshortcuts-includes.xml" file from the skin's 1080i folder.
3. Delete all files that contain "Amber" from the <userdata>\addon_data\script.skinshortcuts\ folder
4. Delete the settings.xml from the <userdata>\addon_data\skin.amber\ folder.

5. Restart Kodi

That should get you a default skin configuration, including menus and widgets.

Please let me know how it goes. Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

Thank you man, that worked! I see all the original menu's now. I'll edit-in your steps in my original topic as well in case anyone else has this problem in the future.
I have some suggestions for the "Viewtype > Fanart > NetFlix Style" presentation.

Right now, the left-side black area takes up close to half the screen. And the fade effect towards the fanart is very narrow.

The current look works with darker fanart. But when you have brighter and more colorful fanart...it's a very sloppy transition from the left-side darkness to the right-side brightness.

If the fading process was wider & started earler...it would help in two ways.

1) There'd be a smoother and more logical transition to a colorful fanart wallpaper.

2) When you don't have episode plot details showing, only four lines of content appear in the left side dark area (title, episode, runtime, & date). It looks really empty. But with more of the fanart showing on the left side (dimmed by the fade effect)...it doesn't look as empty or weird.

Thanks for any consideration!
(2021-06-11, 22:06)FamShoppa Wrote: I have some suggestions for the "Viewtype > Fanart > NetFlix Style" presentation.

Right now, the left-side black area takes up close to half the screen. And the fade effect towards the fanart is very narrow.

The current look works with darker fanart. But when you have brighter and more colorful fanart...it's a very sloppy transition from the left-side darkness to the right-side brightness.

1) There'd be a smoother and more logical transition to a colorful fanart wallpaper.

2) When you don't have episode plot details showing, only four lines of content appear in the left side dark area (title, episode, runtime, & date). It looks really empty. But with more of the fanart showing on the left side (dimmed by the fade effect)...it doesn't look as empty or weird.

@FamShoppa , do you mean something like this, or even more of the fanart showing?

Please let me know if I am on the right track.  By the way, it is not a fading effect, it is an overlay image on top of the fanart.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
(2021-06-11, 23:10)bsoriano Wrote:
(2021-06-11, 22:06)FamShoppa Wrote: I have some suggestions for the "Viewtype > Fanart > NetFlix Style" presentation.

@FamShoppa , do you mean something like this, or even more of the fanart showing?

Please let me know if I am on the right track.  By the way, it is not a fading effect, it is an overlay image on top of the fanart.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

Oh wow! Yes, now that the darkness is more confined to the area of the left-side text...it looks more logical.

I notice a gray shadowing after the thick darkness that's helping transition to the bright wallpaper. I can't be sure if that's the overlay, or just a part of your wallpaper...but that effect is what we need for brighter wallpapers (especially anime like Dragon Ball, Naruto, etc.).
(2021-06-11, 15:14)bsoriano Wrote:
(2021-06-11, 07:08)dawsonjw Wrote:
(2021-06-10, 18:37)bsoriano Wrote: @lynxstrike , thank you for asking for a Right List view, and @shedrock , thank you for weighing in on your preference.

The examples that @lynxstrike provided reminded me of how much I liked the "Episodes" view from Aeon MadNox (that is the first example provided), so I decided to recreate that view as the Right List view in Amber.  It has been an interesting and rewarding experience to bring this to Amber, so thanks again.

The new Right List view in Amber (changes are already on GitHub, for both Matrix and Leia) is available for movies, sets, tv shows, seasons and episodes.  I will look into adding it for music videos, artists, albums and songs at a later time.

This is an example of how the view can look like for movies:

The view has a few options, as you can see here:

Some of these options are slef-explanatory, like Show Poster and Show Logo.  Here is an example with both of those turned off:

The above screenshot shows one of the options for the list item type: Clear Logo.  

The other options are Banner:

And Text:

As you can see from the above screenshots, you can turn on an option to fade out the unfocused items, which makes the focused item stand out more.  Here is what it looks like with that option turned off:

You can also disable the floor texture, which then makes the view look like this:

It is important to note that all of the elements that appear at the bottom can be enabled or disabled, through the corresponding settings in Settings, Skin Settings, Media Views, Select Items to Show in Views:

You can also enable an information popup, for which you can configure the delay.  How it works is that when you stop on an item, after the configured amount of seconds the info popup will appear, something like this:

I think that covers most of the options, please explore them all and let me know what you think.

Here is how the view looks like for Seasons, Episodes and Sets:

NOTE: In order for the ratings to show up, you need to have script.embuary.helper installed and enabled in your system.  This is necessary, since Kodi does not show the ratings (other than the main rating) outside of the video info dialog.

Please test, and let me know what you think and any issues you might find.  Thank you!

Regards,

Bart

Hi Bart
Thanks for the great work on this. Looks fabulous so I thought I give it a go. Just installed latest from GitHub and noted the following. If you go into Movies and change the view, Right List shows as a selectable item but when you select it, the option panel shows List as the selection whilst the view selection panel shows as right list. None of the newer options appear on the options panel.  Further if you select any of the other views they work fine, its just Right List that won't work

Now I loaded same github files to my desktop PC and it works as advertised.  Any ideas on this weird behaviour.

This is the debug log.

https://paste.kodi.tv/uvukuwagoc

Cheers

John
@dawsonjw , thanks for the log.  I found the issue and fixed it.  Could you please try the latest from GitHub and let me know that it is indeed fixed? Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

Hi Bart
Thanks that fixed the problem.

Noticed that pop up info box doesn’t scroll the text if all information doesn’t fit.

Cheers

John
(2021-06-10, 18:18)bsoriano Wrote: @shedrock , please try the latest from GitHub.  This should be fixed now.  Thanks.
Thank you so much Bart. It works perfectly now, and thanks for the additional work on the skin.

Regards

Shedrock
@bsoriano I am adding support for Amber in my OzWeather skin patcher (https://kodi.wiki/index.php?title=Add-on:Oz_Weather) -

I've got as far as this:

...but I'd like to increase the read-ability by having layer between the data and the background at maybe 50% opacity.

You do this around the skin, it seems, but just wondering what the best way would be, for a whole page dimming of that background?  Do you have an appropriate xml snippet for me maybe?

(Note I am using mostly a bunch of skin independent components for this, the idea is to adapy basically the same OzWeather components to any skin with very minimal changes, hence I don't want to e.g. change font colours.  But with a dimmer background, I think it will look good and be easy to read...)
Addons I wrote &/or maintain:
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
Sorry, no help w/out a *full debug log*.
It's ok, I've got it pretty good now:

Using

xml:

<control type="image">
            <width>1920</width>
            <top>18</top>
            <height>1200</height>
            <texture border="0,30,0,0">OSD/FS_OSDBackground.png</texture>
            <colordiffuse>BBBBBBBB</colordiffuse>
        </control>
Addons I wrote &/or maintain:
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
Sorry, no help w/out a *full debug log*.
@bsoriano thank you so much for making a great skin better all the time, love the new right list view.

This is really nitpicking, but since the latest in amber repo and the latest from github there seems to be something up with the main menu.

Amber repo

Github

The main menu used to be in the middle but now it is in the upper third of the screen, all with the same settings applied.

Edited to add, this is on a windows 10 computer and Shield TV Pro.
(2021-06-12, 07:51)bossanova808 Wrote: @bsoriano I am adding support for Amber in my OzWeather skin patcher (https://kodi.wiki/index.php?title=Add-on:Oz_Weather) -

I've got as far as this:

...but I'd like to increase the read-ability by having layer between the data and the background at maybe 50% opacity.

You do this around the skin, it seems, but just wondering what the best way would be, for a whole page dimming of that background?  Do you have an appropriate xml snippet for me maybe?

(Note I am using mostly a bunch of skin independent components for this, the idea is to adapy basically the same OzWeather components to any skin with very minimal changes, hence I don't want to e.g. change font colours.  But with a dimmer background, I think it will look good and be easy to read...)

@bossanova808, thanks for adding support for Amber! 

Unfortunately, I cannot see the image, could you please post it again? You can use the i button on the forum taskbar when you are creating/editing a post and it will open a file browser to look for the image you want to post, and then will create a imgur album with that image and insert the image in the post.

Once I can see the image I can let you know.  I either use a texture with a colordiffuse to show a dim background, or I fade the background texture with an animation.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
Hi Bart

Here would be some missing finnish translations;

Disable lyrics = Poista sanoitukset käytöstä
Enable touchscreen device support = Ota kosketusnäytön laitetuki käyttöön
Use color flags = Käytä värilippuja
Use wraparound navigation = Käytä ympäröivää navigointia
Show submenu only when focused = Näytä alivalikko vain tarkennettuna
Enable choosing default menu item = Ota käyttöön oletusvalikkokohdan valinta
Play whole albums from shelves = Toista kokonaisia ​​albumeja hyllyiltä
Select items to show in views = Valitse kohteet, jotka näytetään näkymissä
Audio and subtitle info = Ääni- ja tekstitystiedot
Movie collection count = Elokuvakokoelmien määrä
Media play count = Median toistomäärä
End time = Lopetusaika
Media flags = Median liput
HDR/SDR and bit depth flags = HDR/SDR- ja bittisyvyysliput
List views options = Listanäkymien vaihtoehdot
Marks and overlays = Merkit ja peitteet
Show rating overlay = Näytä arvosanapeite
Use user rating for overlay = Käytä käyttäjäarvosanaa peitteelle
Use alternate rating overlay style = Käytä vaihtoehtoista peitetyyliä arvosanalle
View types to enable = Käytettävät näkymät
Use artist slideshow for audio fanart = Käytä Artist Slideshow lisäosaa äänen fanitaiteelle
Info button opens video info dialog = Info painike avaa videon tiedot -valintaikkunan
Hide seek bar when forwarding or rewinding = Piilota hakupalkki kelatessa eteen- tai taaksepäin
Choose item for menu = Valitse valikolle kohde
Set label = Aseta nimi
Change action = Vaihda toimintoa
Customize submenu = Mukauta alivalikkoa
Select background = Valitse tausta
Restore menu items = Palauta valikkokohteet
  • 206(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus5