• 208(current)
Release Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus
(2021-06-13, 04:53)dawsonjw Wrote:
(2021-06-13, 02:06)bsoriano Wrote:
(2021-06-13, 00:48)dawsonjw Wrote: Hi Bart,
            new Right List looks good.  Noticed that even though the movie data does scroll on the right list part the popup movie data doesn't scroll if all information doesn't fit.

cheers

John
@dawsonjw , sorry I missed  your earlier post.  I just fixed this on GitHub.  Please test and let me know.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Hi Bart,

just tested it from latest GitHub and it is still not scrolling the popup data

cheers

John

@dawsonjw, could you please provide a screenshot and point in it what data you are expecting to scroll? I guess I did not fix the correct controls. Thanks!

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
Main HTPC: Intel Core i7, 32GB, nVidia GTX1080, Windows 11 Soundbar: Samsung HW-Q950A TV: LG CX Kodi: 19.3 Skin: Amber
(2021-06-13, 13:09)bsoriano Wrote:
(2021-06-13, 02:06)bsoriano Wrote: @dawsonjw , sorry I missed  your earlier post.  I just fixed this on GitHub.  Please test and let me know.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Hi Bart,

cheers

John

@dawsonjw, could you please provide a screenshot and point in it what data you are expecting to scroll? I guess I did not fix the correct controls. Thanks!

Regards,

Bart
Hi @bsoriano, I noticed the same problem.
The plot text scrolls in the right list but in the popup window, the plot text does not scroll.

Here are the French translations of the new functions of Amber 3.2.139 :

In Home Layout :
- Use wraparound navigation : Utiliser la navigation en boucle

In Media views :
1. Select items to show in views : Sélectionner les éléments à afficher dans les vues
- Items to show in views : Éléments à afficher dans les vues
- Audio and subtitle info : Informations audio et sous-titres
- Ratings : Notes
- Movie collection count : Nombre de films dans une saga
- Media play count : Nombre de lectures d'un média
- End time : Heure de fin
- Media flags : Drapeaux des médias
- HDR/SDR and bit depth flags : Drapeaux HDR/SDR et de profondeur de bits
2. List views options : Options des vues de liste
3. Marks and overlay : Marques et superposition
- Show rating overlay : Afficher la superposition des notes
4. View types to enable : Types de vue à activer
- Right list : Liste de droite

In Full screen/OSD :
OSD/Full screen art : Illustration OSD/Plein écran
- Poster/Thumb : Affiche/Vignette

In the different types of view :
1. Right list : Liste de droite
2. Fixed list : Liste fixe
3. Show poster : Afficher l'affiche
4. Show floor : Afficher le bandeau inférieur
5. List item type : Type d'élément de liste
- Text : Texte
- Banner : Bannière
6. Show info popup : Afficher la fenêtre popup
7. Popup delay : Délai de la fenêtre popup
(2021-06-13, 02:06)bsoriano Wrote: @dawsonjw , sorry I missed  your earlier post.  I just fixed this on GitHub.  Please test and let me know.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Hi Bart,

cheers

John

Regards,

Bart

Hi Bart
Yes sorry I didn’t wasn’t specific enough. The plot in the right list scrolls just the plot in the pop up box does not. I’ll post a screenshot below.

Keep up the good work. We really appreciate your efforts.

Cheers

John

(2021-06-14, 01:37)dawsonjw Wrote:
(2021-06-13, 04:53)dawsonjw Wrote: Hi Bart,

cheers

John

Regards,

Bart

Hi Bart
Yes sorry I didn’t wasn’t specific enough. The plot in the right list scrolls just the plot in the pop up box does not. I’ll post a screenshot below.

Cheers

John

@dawsonjw , thanks for confirming.  I just fixed this.  the changes are already on GitHub.  Please test and let me know.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
Main HTPC: Intel Core i7, 32GB, nVidia GTX1080, Windows 11 Soundbar: Samsung HW-Q950A TV: LG CX Kodi: 19.3 Skin: Amber
(2021-06-13, 22:28)Cyberdom Wrote:
(2021-06-13, 04:53)dawsonjw Wrote: Hi Bart,

cheers

John

Regards,

Bart
Hi @bsoriano, I noticed the same problem.
The plot text scrolls in the right list but in the popup window, the plot text does not scroll.

Here are the French translations of the new functions of Amber 3.2.139 :

In Home Layout :
- Use wraparound navigation : Utiliser la navigation en boucle

In Media views :
1. Select items to show in views : Sélectionner les éléments à afficher dans les vues
- Items to show in views : Éléments à afficher dans les vues
- Audio and subtitle info : Informations audio et sous-titres
- Ratings : Notes
- Movie collection count : Nombre de films dans une saga
- Media play count : Nombre de lectures d'un média
- End time : Heure de fin
- Media flags : Drapeaux des médias
- HDR/SDR and bit depth flags : Drapeaux HDR/SDR et de profondeur de bits
2. List views options : Options des vues de liste
3. Marks and overlay : Marques et superposition
- Show rating overlay : Afficher la superposition des notes
4. View types to enable : Types de vue à activer
- Right list : Liste de droite

In Full screen/OSD :
OSD/Full screen art : Illustration OSD/Plein écran
- Poster/Thumb : Affiche/Vignette

In the different types of view :
1. Right list : Liste de droite
2. Fixed list : Liste fixe
3. Show poster : Afficher l'affiche
4. Show floor : Afficher le bandeau inférieur
5. List item type : Type d'élément de liste
- Text : Texte
- Banner : Bannière
6. Show info popup : Afficher la fenêtre popup
7. Popup delay : Délai de la fenêtre popup
@Cyberdom , thanks! I will fix the scrolling for the plot.  I have added your updated translations to the system.  They should show up in the next Amber repo version.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
(2021-06-14, 21:45)bsoriano Wrote:
(2021-06-14, 01:37)dawsonjw Wrote:
(2021-06-13, 13:09)bsoriano Wrote: @dawsonjw, could you please provide a screenshot and point in it what data you are expecting to scroll? I guess I did not fix the correct controls. Thanks!

Regards,

Bart

Hi Bart

Cheers

John

@dawsonjw , thanks for confirming.  I just fixed this.  the changes are already on GitHub.  Please test and let me know.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Hi Bart,
            tested and all ok now.

cheers

John
Hello Bart, I use your Amber skin on an Nvidia Shield Pro with a remote control.

Currently, the playback controls are divided in two activation methods...and a little confusing (especially for the kids & seniors in my family).

The remote has standard play/pause/forward/rewind buttons.
But these only bring up a limited seek bar with no actual buttons.

To get the full playback controls...you have to use an "OK" style button at the top of the remote.
These include the Stop, Bookmark, Info, & Settings buttons...along with the seek bar (with bottom positioning from skin options),

As I said earlier, folks at my house don't really like it.
Navigating between these two methods is physically awkward for the thumb, and a little mentally confusing.

Would it be possible to get a full playback control panel at the bottom (all GUI buttons & seek bar) when using the standard play/pause/forward/rewind buttons?
To my mind, the old Windows Media Player had pretty good looking implementation of such an idea (but obviously, design is at your discretion)...

If folks prefer the current method, then perhaps my suggestion could be added as an option in the skin settings?
(2021-06-15, 18:58)FamShoppa Wrote: Hello Bart, I use your Amber skin on an Nvidia Shield Pro with a remote control.

Currently, the playback controls are divided in two activation methods...and a little confusing (especially for the kids & seniors in my family).

To get the full playback controls...you have to use an "OK" style button at the top of the remote.
These include the Stop, Bookmark, Info, & Settings buttons...along with the seek bar (with bottom positioning from skin options),

Navigating between these two methods is physically awkward for the thumb, and a little mentally confusing.

Would it be possible to get a full playback control panel at the bottom (all GUI buttons & seek bar) when using the standard play/pause/forward/rewind buttons?
To my mind, the old Windows Media Player had pretty good looking implementation of such an idea (but obviously, design is at your discretion)...

If folks prefer the current method, then perhaps my suggestion could be added as an option in the skin settings?

Sorry I'm not able to edit my posts, but forgot to mention this earlier.
Another confusing thing is when pressing "Back" button on the Shield remote (to return to the Kodi menu), the video does not actually "Stop".
It seems to be active in the background with a graphical representation at the top of the screen.

The only way to stop the video is the activate the full playback menu ("OK" on the Shield remote) and then you have to physically hit the "Stop" button.

I tried setting "Now Playing" in the skin settings to disabled, but that didn't work.

Would it also be possible to add a setting to fully stop the video when backing out the the menu?
Sorry for the barrage of stuff, btw!
(2021-06-15, 18:58)FamShoppa Wrote: Hello Bart, I use your Amber skin on an Nvidia Shield Pro with a remote control.

@FamShoppa, thanks for your feedback. And by the way, I am that old (born in '66) Big Grin

@FamShoppa Upon further review, have you found any Kodi skin that does what you are looking for? I have not found any where you do not need to press some key "M", OK, etc. in order to bring up the video OSD.  

Please let me know, so I can better evaluate how it can be done. 

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
(2021-06-15, 19:11)FamShoppa Wrote:

Sorry I'm not able to edit my posts, but forgot to mention this earlier.
Another confusing thing is when pressing "Back" button on the Shield remote (to return to the Kodi menu), the video does not actually "Stop".
It seems to be active in the background with a graphical representation at the top of the screen.

The only way to stop the video is the activate the full playback menu ("OK" on the Shield remote) and then you have to physically hit the "Stop" button.

I tried setting "Now Playing" in the skin settings to disabled, but that didn't work.

Would it also be possible to add a setting to fully stop the video when backing out the the menu?
Sorry for the barrage of stuff, btw!
@FamShoppa , I am not sure how this can be done, I will do some research.

Regards,

Bart

EDIT: @FamShoppa, I have not found a way to do this from the skin side of things.  You can certainly change the Kodi keymap to indicate that in Full Screen video, you want the back key to perform the Stop action.  You can look in this page for ways of doing this: https://kodi.wiki/view/Keymap
Amber Maintainer
(2021-06-15, 22:44)bsoriano Wrote:

@FamShoppa, thanks for your feedback. And by the way, I am that old (born in '66) Big Grin

@FamShoppa Upon further review, have you found any Kodi skin that does what you are looking for? I have not found any where you do not need to press some key "M", OK, etc. in order to bring up the video OSD.  

Regards,

Bart

I've gone through about the 7 or 8 skins. All of them have this problem. Perhaps this is "hard-coded" by Kodi's programmers? That really sucks, and I don't understand why they made it this way.

So I looked into your suggestion about key-mapping. I'm short on time tonight so could only test the 'KeyMap Editor' add-on. 

Unfortunately, that doesn't seem to work on the specific Play/Pause button on the Nvidia Shield remote. Works on every other button...just not on that crucial one.

What I'm planning to test tomorrow is a Logitech Keyboard+Touchpad board. I'm theorizing that it would have virtually no problems key-mapping...and I cold match up prominent media keys to bring up the full playback menu (or Video "OSD"). 

Only downside is that the keymapper for bringing up the OSD doesn't actually pause the video when clicked. After the OSD comes up, you have to highlight the pause button and click it. A new kind of illogical, but perhaps less so than the status quo with the remote. We'll see tomorrow...

Now a final thought on design...regardless of my current issue, I do feel like Amber's video OSD could use a touchup. Out of all the skins I tested, Arctic Horizon's implementation looked the most logical & elegant.

It'd be amazing if Amber could have something similar...
(2021-06-16, 11:22)FamShoppa Wrote:
(2021-06-15, 22:44)bsoriano Wrote:

Regards,

Bart

I've gone through about the 7 or 8 skins. All of them have this problem. Perhaps this is "hard-coded" by Kodi's programmers? That really sucks, and I don't understand why they made it this way.

So I looked into your suggestion about key-mapping. I'm short on time tonight so could only test the 'KeyMap Editor' add-on. 

Unfortunately, that doesn't seem to work on the specific Play/Pause button on the Nvidia Shield remote. Works on every other button...just not on that crucial one.

What I'm planning to test tomorrow is a Logitech Keyboard+Touchpad board. I'm theorizing that it would have virtually no problems key-mapping...and I cold match up prominent media keys to bring up the full playback menu (or Video "OSD"). 

Only downside is that the keymapper for bringing up the OSD doesn't actually pause the video when clicked. After the OSD comes up, you have to highlight the pause button and click it. A new kind of illogical, but perhaps less so than the status quo with the remote. We'll see tomorrow...

Now a final thought on design...regardless of my current issue, I do feel like Amber's video OSD could use a touchup. Out of all the skins I tested, Arctic Horizon's implementation looked the most logical & elegant.

@FamShoppa , thanks for your additional feedback.  I have been asked for a more compact OSD before.  This is where I am at right now, what do you think?

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
(2021-06-16, 22:47)bsoriano Wrote:
(2021-06-16, 11:22)FamShoppa Wrote:
(2021-06-15, 22:44)bsoriano Wrote: @FamShoppa, thanks for your feedback. And by the way, I am that old (born in '66) Big Grin

Regards,

Bart

@FamShoppa , thanks for your additional feedback.  I have been asked for a more compact OSD before.  This is where I am at right now, what do you think?

Regards,

Bart

Holy moly! You're an artist man! 
I was kind of worried my suggestion wouldn't blend with the overall aesthetic of Amber.
But you made it work the color integration, fonts, & everything!

I got no complaints!
(2021-06-16, 23:30)FamShoppa Wrote:
(2021-06-16, 22:47)bsoriano Wrote:
(2021-06-16, 11:22)FamShoppa Wrote: I've gone through about the 7 or 8 skins. All of them have this problem. Perhaps this is "hard-coded" by Kodi's programmers? That really sucks, and I don't understand why they made it this way.

Regards,

Bart

Holy moly! You're an artist man! 
I was kind of worried my suggestion wouldn't blend with the overall aesthetic of Amber.
But you made it work the color integration, fonts, & everything!

I got no complaints!

@FamShoppa, thanks! Smile I will continue on this path then. I should be able to finish in a day or two.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
Hello everyone,
                        just wondering if there is a way within Amber to pull up actor bio's on movie / tv information screens

cheers

John
  • 208(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus5