• 210(current)
Release Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus
@bsoriano - Did you forget to upload the changed language files to the Git on the last update? I'll double check, but I just see a blank area where the Compact OSD text should be.

Regards,

Shedrock
(2021-06-21, 18:53)bsoriano Wrote: @TheRealDeadMan , what do you think of this:

[url=javascript:void(0)]Image[/url]

Please let me know if I am on the right track for what you were looking for.  Thanks.

Yes, that is it Smile
Here is the original post: UC-OSD Request post

I still don't think a seek bar is needed.
System 1: Ryzen 3400G, Gigabyte Mini ITX B450I - LibreELEC 11.x (Kodi 20 [Nexus]) - Skin: Amber (Matrix)
System 2: Khadas VIM3pro - CoreELEC- Skin: Amber (Matrix)

System 3: Ryzen 5700g Gigabyte Mini ITX x570 - LibreElec 12.x (Kodi 21 [Omega]) Nightlies - Skin: Aeon-Nox: Silvo (Omega)
(2021-06-22, 00:08)FamShoppa Wrote:
(2021-06-21, 16:55)bsoriano Wrote: Hello all,

I have uploaded versions 3.4.20 (Matrix) and 3.2.140 (Leia) to GitHub and the Amber repos.

The main change is the addition of a "Compact" OSD.  Please see this post: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid3044371  As it shows what the new OSD layout looks like and where is the new setting.  Thanks.

@TheRealDeadMan, I have not forgotten about an "Ultra Compact" OSD.  I will get to it soon.

As usual, please update, test, and let me know if you find any issues.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

Hi thanks for adding the streamlined OSD Bart!

I've got the slime green color scheme, on account of running Amber on an Nvidia Shield Pro...

I feel so bad bringing this up now, but I never noticed it until using my own color scheme.

I don't think the "block" highlighting of text or buttons matches the ideal Amber aesthetic.
For example, if we go to the Amber home screen...the highlighted menu item has the text itself change color. There's no block overlay.

But if we activate the 'List' view for TV Series...or highlight a button on the playback OSD above (see 'Play' button above)...there's a "big block" color overlay over the text or button. 

I feel like that home menu aesthetic philosophy should carry over to the other menu examples I mentioned above.
- So in the TV Series 'List' view, the text color itself should change when highlighted (no block overlay).
- And in the playback 'OSD', the highlighted button should either have a changed color - or perhaps a colored border glow? 

In terms of the OSD, this Arctic Horizon example demonstrates the button itself changing color when highlighted...

Again, I feel bad bringing this up after all this work was put in.
But it just never came up when I was looking at screenshots - as opposed to handling it on the big screen.
Thanks for all your work thus far, I have no other complaints about the OSD layout itself!
@FamShoppa , thanks for the additional feedback.  I will work on the compact OSD buttons to remove the block overlay, but I will not be changing the look of any of the lists in the rest of the skin.  When I inherited it, the lists all had a block overlay for the highlighted item.  I like it like this, so I will leave it as is. I apologize in advance since I do not have any plans of making this an option either.  It is a big hassle to change this everywhere in the skin where a list is used.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
Main HTPC: Intel Core i7, 32GB, nVidia GTX1080, Windows 11 Soundbar: Samsung HW-Q950A TV: LG CX Kodi: 19.3 Skin: Amber
(2021-06-22, 20:36)TheRealDeadMan Wrote:
(2021-06-21, 18:53)bsoriano Wrote: @TheRealDeadMan , what do you think of this:

[url=javascript:void(0)]Image[/url]

Please let me know if I am on the right track for what you were looking for.  Thanks.

Yes, that is it Smile
Here is the original post: UC-OSD Request post

I still don't think a seek bar is needed.
@TheRealDeadMan , thanks for confirming, I will continue working on this.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
Main HTPC: Intel Core i7, 32GB, nVidia GTX1080, Windows 11 Soundbar: Samsung HW-Q950A TV: LG CX Kodi: 19.3 Skin: Amber
(2021-06-22, 12:21)shedrock Wrote: @bsoriano - Did you forget to upload the changed language files to the Git on the last update? I'll double check, but I just see a blank area where the Compact OSD text should be.

Regards,

Shedrock
@shedrock , it looks like I did forget to upload those files.  I just uploaded them to GitHub.  Sorry about that.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
(2021-06-22, 12:14)billyrene Wrote: ever since the latest update the media flags are missing in the regular OSD. am i missing some setting or was this done on purpose?
@billyrene , that was an oversight on my part.  I will be correcting it soon.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
(2021-06-21, 21:08)Cyberdom Wrote:

I have uploaded versions 3.4.20 (Matrix) and 3.2.140 (Leia) to GitHub and the Amber repos.

The main change is the addition of a "Compact" OSD.  Please see this post: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid3044371  As it shows what the new OSD layout looks like and where is the new setting.  Thanks.

@TheRealDeadMan, I have not forgotten about an "Ultra Compact" OSD.  I will get to it soon.

Regards,

Bart
Thank you @bsoriano for this update.

Here are new French translations :
In General :
Enable touchscreen devices support : Activer le support des appareils à écran tactile

In Full Screen/OSD :
Compact OSD : OSD compact
@Cyberdom , thanks for the translations.  I updated them in the translation system.  Hopefully they will be included in the next repo version.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
(2021-06-22, 22:30)bsoriano Wrote: @shedrock , it looks like I did forget to upload those files.  I just uploaded them to GitHub.  Sorry about that.
No problem. I already added them to my en.x files.

Cheers,

Shedrock
@bsoriano 

Hi Bart... 

Is it possible to remove the separation lines between TV shows in order to get a cleaner UI ?

Thanks Bart, and have an excellent week! Smile
Sincerely,
(2021-06-23, 15:40)lynxstrike Wrote: @bsoriano 

Hi Bart... 

Is it possible to remove the separation lines between TV shows in order to get a cleaner UI ?

Thanks Bart, and have an excellent week! Smile
Sincerely,
@lynxstrike , yes, I agree with you that it would look cleaner.  I will change that.  Have a great week yourself!

Regards,

Bart

EDIT: @lynxstrike , done.  The changes are already on GitHub (Matrix only at the moment)
Amber Maintainer
(2021-06-23, 16:49)bsoriano Wrote: @lynxstrike , done.  The changes are already on GitHub (Matrix only at the moment)

Thanks Bart...  Smile
(2021-06-22, 22:29)bsoriano Wrote:
(2021-06-22, 00:08)FamShoppa Wrote:

Regards,

Bart

Hi thanks for adding the streamlined OSD Bart!

I've got the slime green color scheme, on account of running Amber on an Nvidia Shield Pro...

I feel so bad bringing this up now, but I never noticed it until using my own color scheme.

I don't think the "block" highlighting of text or buttons matches the ideal Amber aesthetic.
For example, if we go to the Amber home screen...the highlighted menu item has the text itself change color. There's no block overlay.

But if we activate the 'List' view for TV Series...or highlight a button on the playback OSD above (see 'Play' button above)...there's a "big block" color overlay over the text or button. 

I feel like that home menu aesthetic philosophy should carry over to the other menu examples I mentioned above.
- So in the TV Series 'List' view, the text color itself should change when highlighted (no block overlay).
- And in the playback 'OSD', the highlighted button should either have a changed color - or perhaps a colored border glow? 

In terms of the OSD, this Arctic Horizon example demonstrates the button itself changing color when highlighted...

But it just never came up when I was looking at screenshots - as opposed to handling it on the big screen.
Thanks for all your work thus far, I have no other complaints about the OSD layout itself!
@FamShoppa , thanks for the additional feedback.  I will work on the compact OSD buttons to remove the block overlay, but I will not be changing the look of any of the lists in the rest of the skin.  When I inherited it, the lists all had a block overlay for the highlighted item.  I like it like this, so I will leave it as is. I apologize in advance since I do not have any plans of making this an option either.  It is a big hassle to change this everywhere in the skin where a list is used.

Regards,

Bart

You're the best man! So kind to people and responsive.
No problem about the list area.
Main place it actually looked weird to me was the OSD buttons.

===========

Bart, I have a separate question - please answer at your leisure...

In the "Fanart" view for series, there's an option to have "extrafanart" showing in the info box.
I assumed this option would display a separate fanart in the box (as opposed to the background wallpaper).
But what it seems to do is repeat the background wallpaper (so same fanart is showing both in the background & the info box).

I followed this Wiki article, and tried both methods of dealing with extra fanart.
https://kodi.wiki/view/Artwork_types#fanart.23

If I create an "extrafanart" folder - nothing seems to happen so I assume this method is deprecated in Amber.
If I number my fanart then it just cycles in the background & that also gets mirrored in the extrafanart info box.

So is the behavior I'm describing how it's supposed to work? If so, that's fine.
If not, then it must be the case that I'm missing something about extrafanart placement.
(2021-06-23, 21:45)FamShoppa Wrote:
(2021-06-22, 22:29)bsoriano Wrote:
(2021-06-22, 00:08)FamShoppa Wrote: Hi thanks for adding the streamlined OSD Bart!

Regards,

Bart

You're the best man! So kind to people and responsive.
No problem about the list area.
Main place it actually looked weird to me was the OSD buttons.

===========

Bart, I have a separate question - please answer at your leisure...

In the "Fanart" view for series, there's an option to have "extrafanart" showing in the info box.
I assumed this option would display a separate fanart in the box (as opposed to the background wallpaper).
But what it seems to do is repeat the background wallpaper (so same fanart is showing both in the background & the info box).

I followed this Wiki article, and tried both methods of dealing with extra fanart.
https://kodi.wiki/view/Artwork_types#fanart.23

If I create an "extrafanart" folder - nothing seems to happen so I assume this method is deprecated in Amber.
If I number my fanart then it just cycles in the background & that also gets mirrored in the extrafanart info box.

So is the behavior I'm describing how it's supposed to work? If so, that's fine.
If not, then it must be the case that I'm missing something about extrafanart placement.
@FamShoppa , thanks for the additional question and for bringing this up. 

If you have the setting "Show extrafanart if available" set to Yes in the skin settings, then in Fanart view both the background and the fanart in the info panel rotate through the extra fanarts.  By the way, Amber only supports extra fanart named fanartxx that are loaded into the Kodi db, and will display up to 20 of them.

Now, if you have the setting to "Show extrafanart if available" set to No, but had the "Extra fanart on panel" enabled in Fanart view, Amber was erroneously not showing the extra fanart, and showing the main fanart both in the background and the info panel.  I just fixed this, and now the extra fanart will show in the info panel as it should.  The changes are already on GitHub (Matrix only at this time).

I think that you stated that you update from the Amber repo and not from GitHub, so please give me another day or so and I will upload anew version to the Amber repo.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
Hello all,

I have uploaded versions 3.4.21 (Matrix) and 3.2.141 (Leia) to GitHub and the Amber repos.  The two changes of not are:

1.  Rework of compact OSD button highlighting.  At the request of user @FamShoppa , I have modified how the OSD buttons are highlighted in the compact OSD, removing the block highlight that was in place.  So, the highlighting will look like this now:

In the above screenshot, the stop button is highlighted.

2. Ultra Compact OSD.  Finally fulfilling the request of user @TheRealDeadMan , I have added an ultra compact OSD.  You will find the new setting here:

And it looks like this for videos:

Please note that the artwork shown is whatever you have selected for artwork in the Full Screen/OSD section of the Amber settings.

It looks like this for music:

I would like to know from as many of you as possible if you like the highlighting of the buttons in the compact OSD better than the regular block highlighting.  If I get more than 7 responses that you do, I will change it (not make it an option) in the standard and ultra compact OSDs.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
Highlighted buttons looks better to me
  • 210(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus5