• 211(current)
Release Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus
(2021-06-24, 21:19)bsoriano Wrote: I would like to know from as many of you as possible if you like the highlighting of the buttons in the compact OSD better than the regular block highlighting.  If I get more than 7 responses that you do, I will change it (not make it an option) in the standard and ultra compact OSDs.

As usual, please update, test, and let me know if you find any issues.  Thanks.

Thanks a lot @bsoriano  for the Ultra-Compact OSD. Looks great!
I noticed, when I pause, the seek-bar, time, etc, show up behind the UC-OSD buttons (it goes across the screen as well) for a couple seconds before it goes away. Can this be fixed?

What I do: Click once to bring up the OSD - the seek bar does not show until I select PAUSE, then it will appear for 2 seconds (as in image), then disappear.

Also, I'm not too concerned about the button highlighting. But the new style does look good too. Which ever is decided upon, I'm OK with.

Thanks again for all your hard work on Amber Smile
System 1: Ryzen 3400G, Gigabyte Mini ITX B450I - LibreELEC 11.x (Kodi 20 [Nexus]) - Skin: Amber (Matrix)
System 2: Khadas VIM3pro - CoreELEC- Skin: Amber (Matrix)

System 3: Ryzen 5700g Gigabyte Mini ITX x570 - LibreElec 12.x (Kodi 21 [Omega]) Nightlies - Skin: Aeon-Nox: Silvo (Omega)
(2021-06-25, 00:29)TheRealDeadMan Wrote: I would like to know from as many of you as possible if you like the highlighting of the buttons in the compact OSD better than the regular block highlighting.  If I get more than 7 responses that you do, I will change it (not make it an option) in the standard and ultra compact OSDs.
I'll let you know as soon as I check it out Bart.

Regards,

Shedrock
(2021-06-24, 21:19)bsoriano Wrote: 1.  Rework of compact OSD button highlighting.  At the request of user @FamShoppa , I have modified how the OSD buttons are highlighted in the compact OSD, removing the block highlight that was in place.  So, the highlighting will look like this now:

[url=javascript:void(0)]Image[/url]

In the above screenshot, the stop button is highlighted.

2. Ultra Compact OSD.  Finally fulfilling the request of user @TheRealDeadMan , I have added an ultra compact OSD.  You will find the new setting here:

And it looks like this for videos:

Hi @bsoriano Bart...

I like things exactly as you have them here....
Thumbs up on all the options you are giving us to customize the skin.
Thanks for all your hard work... yu-r the man!  Smile
i also like the highlighted buttons Smile
Linux Elementary, Kodi 19.4, Lastest Amber Skin
Android TV 11, Kodi 20.2, Latest Amber Skin
Hi Bart, I'm having a problem seeing with the new OSD with colorful buttons.

I installed version 3.4.21 from the Amber Matrix repository...

I enabled the 'Compact OSD' in Amber's options...

But when I activate the OSD, all the buttons are missing & it only shows the seek bar...

To be sure I'm not confused & activating the normal seek bar, here is the normal seek bar below. You can see it looks different than the OSD activation above...

What could be the problem? Have I set something incorrectly?
(2021-06-25, 17:31)FamShoppa Wrote: Hi Bart, I'm having a problem seeing with the new OSD with colorful buttons.

I installed version 3.4.21 from the Amber Matrix repository...

I enabled the 'Compact OSD' in Amber's options...

But when I activate the OSD, all the buttons are missing & it only shows the seek bar...

To be sure I'm not confused & activating the normal seek bar, here is the normal seek bar below. You can see it looks different than the OSD activation above...

What could be the problem? Have I set something incorrectly?
@FamShoppa , you did not set anything incorrectly, I missed some files in the upload of the new version.  I will fix that shortly.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
Main HTPC: Intel Core i7, 32GB, nVidia GTX1080, Windows 11 Soundbar: Samsung HW-Q950A TV: LG CX Kodi: 19.3 Skin: Amber
(2021-06-25, 17:31)FamShoppa Wrote: What could be the problem? Have I set something incorrectly?

I have the same... probably something Bart missed when he updated repo ver...
(2021-06-25, 00:29)TheRealDeadMan Wrote:
(2021-06-24, 21:19)bsoriano Wrote: I would like to know from as many of you as possible if you like the highlighting of the buttons in the compact OSD better than the regular block highlighting.  If I get more than 7 responses that you do, I will change it (not make it an option) in the standard and ultra compact OSDs.

As usual, please update, test, and let me know if you find any issues.  Thanks.

Thanks a lot @bsoriano  for the Ultra-Compact OSD. Looks great!
I noticed, when I pause, the seek-bar, time, etc, show up behind the UC-OSD buttons (it goes across the screen as well) for a couple seconds before it goes away. Can this be fixed?

What I do: Click once to bring up the OSD - the seek bar does not show until I select PAUSE, then it will appear for 2 seconds (as in image), then disappear.

Also, I'm not too concerned about the button highlighting. But the new style does look good too. Which ever is decided upon, I'm OK with.

Thanks again for all your hard work on Amber Smile
@lynxstrike , I will fix this shortly.  Just to be clear, when using the ultra compact OSD, you do not waht the seek bar to appear, even when paused, rewinding or forwarding? Please confirm so I can fix this properly.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
Main HTPC: Intel Core i7, 32GB, nVidia GTX1080, Windows 11 Soundbar: Samsung HW-Q950A TV: LG CX Kodi: 19.3 Skin: Amber
(2021-06-25, 19:07)bsoriano Wrote: Just to be clear, when using the ultra compact OSD, you do not waht the seek bar to appear, even when paused, rewinding or forwarding?

Personally,  I would leve this as "compact":

... and this one as mini:

But as I mentioned before, I like all of them. In my case, I use the full seekbar but I like having options and I appreciate very much all the hard work you put into giving us alternatives for each and every preference.
(2021-06-25, 19:07)bsoriano Wrote: I will fix this shortly.  Just to be clear, when using the ultra compact OSD, you do not waht the seek bar to appear, even when paused, rewinding or forwarding? Please confirm so I can fix this properly.  Thanks.

It's OK to show when fast-forwarding or rewinding - It does this currently. This way we can still see chapter markers, etc.

Just don't need it when going to  Pause - which it currently does, except that it pops up for a few seconds, which makes it look like a bug.

Thanks.
System 1: Ryzen 3400G, Gigabyte Mini ITX B450I - LibreELEC 11.x (Kodi 20 [Nexus]) - Skin: Amber (Matrix)
System 2: Khadas VIM3pro - CoreELEC- Skin: Amber (Matrix)

System 3: Ryzen 5700g Gigabyte Mini ITX x570 - LibreElec 12.x (Kodi 21 [Omega]) Nightlies - Skin: Aeon-Nox: Silvo (Omega)
(2021-06-24, 21:19)bsoriano Wrote: Bonjour à tous,

j'ai téléchargé les versions 3.4.21 (Matrix) et 3.2.141 (Leia) sur GitHub et les dépôts Amber. Les deux changements de not sont :
2. OSD ultra compact.   Répondant enfin à la demande de l'utilisateur @TheRealDeadMan, j'ai ajouté un OSD ultra compact. Vous trouverez le nouveau paramètre ici :

Here is the French translation :
Ultra Compact OSD : OSD ultra compact

(2021-06-25, 17:31)FamShoppa Wrote: But when I activate the OSD, all the buttons are missing & it only shows the seek bar...
I am using Kodi Leia and noticed the same issue with compact OSD mode.

(2021-06-25, 18:48)bsoriano Wrote: @FamShoppa , you did not set anything incorrectly, I missed some files in the upload of the new version.  I will fix that shortly.
Than you @bsoriano. We will wait for the fix.

In OSD/Full screen art, I chose Poster/Thumb but the poster is not showing in both compact OSD and ultra compact OSD modes.
Is this a bug ? Would it be possible to correct this to be able to display the poster in both compact OSD and ultra compact OSD modes ?

I also noticed that in the compact OSD mode for videos, the background of the seek bar is correct, it is dark.
On the other hand, in the compact OSD mode for music, the background is transparent.
Hello all,

I have uploaded versions 3.4.22 (Matrix) and 3.2.142 (Leia) to GitHub and the Amber repos.

This versions fix the issue of OSD buttons not being displayed for the Compact OSD.  It also displays poster/thumb for the Ultra Compact and Compact OSD (for the Compact OSD, the poster/thumb will only be shown if you press Info).  Also, it does not show the seek bar on pause for the Ultra Compact OSD, and does show it (at the top) when forwarding or rewinding with the Ultra Compact OSD.  Finally, it fixes the issue of no background for the seek bar in the music OSD when using the Compact OSD.

@Cyberdom , @TheRealDeadMan , @lynxstrike , @FamShoppa , this should address the issues that all of you reported.  Please update, test, and let me know.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
(2021-06-25, 23:55)bsoriano Wrote: I have uploaded versions 3.4.22 (Matrix) and 3.2.142 (Leia) to GitHub and the Amber repos.

@bsoriano 

Hi Bart...

Everything looks great...!  Smile

Thanks for everything... and have an excellent weekend!

Regards,
(2021-06-25, 23:55)bsoriano Wrote: Hello all,

I have uploaded versions 3.4.22 (Matrix) and 3.2.142 (Leia) to GitHub and the Amber repos.
Thank you @bsoriano for your speed in fixing the problems mentioned above.

However, I noticed other bugs.
With the compact OSD, when the poster is displayed and then the button is clicked to display the chapters dialog box (to select a chapter), the background of the compact OSD is transparent.
When you exit the chapters dialog, the background turns dark again. What would be nice is to make the compact OSD disappear when the chapters dialog is displayed.

With the ultra compact OSD, when you click Info button to display the plot and the poster, the background is transparent.

(2021-06-24, 21:19)bsoriano Wrote: I would like to know from as many of you as possible if you like the highlighting of the buttons in the compact OSD better than the regular block highlighting.  If I get more than 7 responses that you do, I will change it (not make it an option) in the standard and ultra compact OSDs.
I also like the idea of the highlighting of the buttons.
It would be nice to have the same buttons, the subtitles in bubble form and the i (for info) in circle form, in the standard OSD and ultra compact OSD.
Hi all
I asked a question a week or so back about being able to get information on actors etc from the info movie screen. Bart told me about enabling the embuary helper and themoviedb helper. I have done this and you can view actor details. I have also recently noticed by enabling these options there is now a new button to display Online TMDB info. Sometimes when you click this button a new screen loads with movie details but in 95% of the times you just get a quick flash of “loading” and then nothing happens.

Any ideas on what’s going on here?

Cheers

John
  • 211(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus5