• 219(current)
Release Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus
@bsoriano  I saw you've been working on menu items and sub menus, so I'm curious if some of those changes might have broke something.

My Smart Playlists seem to suddenly stop working, on all of my builds. This started maybe 2-3 days ago. I've got .145 installed. I just went to GitHub to make sure I had the most up-to-date version installed and it was. I'm running Leia 18.9 still.

My libraries are still there and accessible if I go to them thru Library/Videos. The shortcuts on my home menu I have built to utilize the smart playlists still populate, most of submenus I built are gone. If I click on the shortcut or even if I go to Library/Playlists, the playlist doesn't open. I have separate drives built for things like Movies, Animated Movies, Anime, for which I have Smart Playlists built to keep everything separate.

I've got the logs for you here.

Thanks. Let me know if there is anything further that you need.
(2021-07-30, 05:08)crazyhands911 Wrote: @bsoriano  I saw you've been working on menu items and sub menus, so I'm curious if some of those changes might have broke something.

My Smart Playlists seem to suddenly stop working, on all of my builds. This started maybe 2-3 days ago. I've got .145 installed. I just went to GitHub to make sure I had the most up-to-date version installed and it was. I'm running Leia 18.9 still.

My libraries are still there and accessible if I go to them thru Library/Videos. The shortcuts on my home menu I have built to utilize the smart playlists still populate, most of submenus I built are gone. If I click on the shortcut or even if I go to Library/Playlists, the playlist doesn't open. I have separate drives built for things like Movies, Animated Movies, Anime, for which I have Smart Playlists built to keep everything separate.

@crazyhands911, thank you for the log.  In it I can see errors connecting to your MySQL database.  I think that is why you do not have some menu items (you are probably missing a Movies item and a TV Shows item), and why you see the playlist menu items, but when you click on them nothing happens, because for Kodi you do not have access to the sources your media are on.  Please check the connection to your database.  If after successfully connecting to the database you are still having issues, please send me another debug log.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
Main HTPC: Intel Core i7, 32GB, nVidia GTX1080, Windows 11 Soundbar: Samsung HW-Q950A TV: LG CX Kodi: 19.3 Skin: Amber
(2021-07-30, 12:41)bsoriano Wrote:
(2021-07-30, 05:08)crazyhands911 Wrote: @bsoriano  I saw you've been working on menu items and sub menus, so I'm curious if some of those changes might have broke something.

@crazyhands911, thank you for the log.  In it I can see errors connecting to your MySQL database.  I think that is why you do not have some menu items (you are probably missing a Movies item and a TV Shows item), and why you see the playlist menu items, but when you click on them nothing happens, because for Kodi you do not have access to the sources your media are on.  Please check the connection to your database.  If after successfully connecting to the database you are still having issues, please send me another debug log.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
@bsoriano It does open slow like when I am missing sources or something, but it does eventually open. I do however, still have access to my media sources. I tried to point that out above by stating if I go to my Library/Videos thru the settings, my media sources are all there and i can watch stuff, but they are just populating in a list view there, not my normal media views. So all of the the media sources that the playlists are directed to look at are there and functional in that log that I sent you. Do you need me to do another log, open the system, try a playlist to make it fail and then go to the settings and go to Library/Videos and actually play something to show that the media source is working?
(2021-07-30, 15:45)crazyhands911 Wrote:
(2021-07-30, 12:41)bsoriano Wrote:

Regards,

Bart
@bsoriano It does open slow like when I am missing sources or something, but it does eventually open. I do however, still have access to my media sources. I tried to point that out above by stating if I go to my Library/Videos thru the settings, my media sources are all there and i can watch stuff, but they are just populating in a list view there, not my normal media views. So all of the the media sources that the playlists are directed to look at are there and functional in that log that I sent you. Do you need me to do another log, open the system, try a playlist to make it fail and then go to the settings and go to Library/Videos and actually play something to show that the media source is working?
@crazyhands911 , does everything work correctly if you switch to Estuary? I ask because the only errors in your log have to do with (initially) not being able to open the database, or not finding files.  In my opinion, this is not a skin problem.

In any case, please provide me with another debug log with the actions that you mention.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
Main HTPC: Intel Core i7, 32GB, nVidia GTX1080, Windows 11 Soundbar: Samsung HW-Q950A TV: LG CX Kodi: 19.3 Skin: Amber
(2021-07-30, 18:04)bsoriano Wrote: @crazyhands911 , does everything work correctly if you switch to Estuary? I ask because the only errors in your log have to do with (initially) not being able to open the database, or not finding files.  In my opinion, this is not a skin problem.

In any case, please provide me with another debug log with the actions that you mention.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
@bsoriano  Ok, so here is the new log and what I did during the time in the program.  I did look over the log and see where you are seeing the Errors, but it doesn't make sense, given what I am able to do, which I will detail below:

I opened the program. I selected "Movies" on my home screen, which is a Smart Playlist. It brings me to the library screen, so I selected Playlists. I then selected "Movies" playlist. It did nothing.
I navigated back to the library screen. I selected "Files" I then selected "Movies" and played "3 Ninjas" for a few seconds. Stopped, escaped and then went to Quit.

I did switch over to Estuary and the playlists still appear, but do not work, just like in Amber. So it may not be an Amber specific thing in the end, but is there anything in the new log that you might see that could assist?  I'm just not sure what could have changed to break this, and just break the Playlists. I thought maybe some helper got disabled or something that interacted with playlists. The .xsp files are currently located here: C:\Users\roadr\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\playlists\video
@bsoriano 

I'm not exactly sure what I did, but the playlists are working again. I was having issues accessing MyPhp, but I figured that would prevent the access entirely to the videos. I had another system update on my QNAP (even though I just did a firmware update when trying to fix the issue a couple of days ago). I didn't really do anything after the update, but I was able to get root access to MyPhp, I didn't really do anything in there either, but the next time I booted up Kodi it snapped right up and everything was back and working just fine.

So I guess for now I'm good. If you happen to notice anything in the logs that might indicate the issue so I can actually know what happened, that would be appreciated, but don't worry too much about it.
@bsoriano - Hi Bart,

I am not sure if the problem exists just on my end, or if it's a bug. I just tried doing a search for using the actor name. In this case it was Melissa McCarthy. When I entered her name then pulled up a movie with her, I then selected "Search local library", but it just returned my Movie listing. I have global search on, but I am not sure that is even required for local movies. Anyway, can you confirm if it is in fact a bug, or something on my end?

Here is a little video clip I made to show you exactly what's going on: https://youtu.be/xqFzSIJME3M

Regards,

Shedrock
Hi @bsoriano.

In the info dialog, the list of actors is displayed but not entirely. I noticed that the uncredited actors are missing.
With Estuary, all actors are displayed even the uncredited ones.

Is it possible to correct this so that Amber can show all actors, even the uncredited ones ?

Thanks in advance.
(2021-08-02, 00:13)shedrock Wrote: @bsoriano - Hi Bart,

I am not sure if the problem exists just on my end, or if it's a bug. I just tried doing a search for using the actor name. In this case it was Melissa McCarthy. When I entered her name then pulled up a movie with her, I then selected "Search local library", but it just returned my Movie listing. I have global search on, but I am not sure that is even required for local movies. Anyway, can you confirm if it is in fact a bug, or something on my end?

Here is a little video clip I made to show you exactly what's going on: https://youtu.be/xqFzSIJME3M

Regards,

Shedrock
@shedrock , that is indeed a bug.  I think I fixed it, please test the latest changes on GitHub and let me know.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
(2021-08-02, 18:55)Cyberdom Wrote: Hi @bsoriano.

In the info dialog, the list of actors is displayed but not entirely. I noticed that the uncredited actors are missing.

Is it possible to correct this so that Amber can show all actors, even the uncredited ones ?

Thanks in advance.
@Cyberdom , unfortunately, that will not be possible, except if you only use local info and thus get Kodi's default cast, which includes all actors.  If you have online info enabled, and tmdb helper and embuary helper enabled, I use a custom cast list, so that I can control what happens when you click on an item.  For this custom cast list, I am only getting the first 55 (I now changed it to 60) items in the cast.  

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
i just updated from github and now whenever i get the information screen i am told there is an addon required

i do not use embuary helper and this message was never there before i updated today.... what new feature in the info dialogue requires the addon? and what setting do i need to change so this message doesn't show? any idea?
Linux Elementary, Kodi 19.4, Lastest Amber Skin
Android TV 11, Kodi 20.2, Latest Amber Skin
(2021-08-03, 18:30)bsoriano Wrote: @shedrock , that is indeed a bug.  I think I fixed it, please test the latest changes on GitHub and let me know.  Thanks.
Sorry Bart, but it seems to be partially working. If you go to Movies > Search > name of actor > enter > Info > move down to actor > Info >"Search local library". <- This doesn't return any results, which it should. Instead, it returns to the Movies listing.

Regards,

Shedrock
(2021-08-03, 18:33)bsoriano Wrote:
(2021-08-02, 18:55)Cyberdom Wrote: Hi @bsoriano.

Thanks in advance.
@Cyberdom , unfortunately, that will not be possible, except if you only use local info and thus get Kodi's default cast, which includes all actors.  If you have online info enabled, and tmdb helper and embuary helper enabled, I use a custom cast list, so that I can control what happens when you click on an item.  For this custom cast list, I am only getting the first 55 (I now changed it to 60) items in the cast.  

Regards,

Bart
OK, thank you @bsoriano.

By displaying only local info, all actors are displayed.
When I turn off "Show only local info", the limit for displaying actors is 54.
Thanks for the increase to 60 which I will test when it becomes available.
(2021-08-03, 21:42)shedrock Wrote:
(2021-08-03, 18:30)bsoriano Wrote: @shedrock , that is indeed a bug.  I think I fixed it, please test the latest changes on GitHub and let me know.  Thanks.
Sorry Bart, but it seems to be partially working. If you go to Movies > Search > name of actor > enter > Info > move down to actor > Info >"Search local library". <- This doesn't return any results, which it should. Instead, it returns to the Movies listing.

Regards,

Shedrock
@shedrock , I was looking at a different use case with my previous fix, thanks for pointing out that you are starting from the "Search" button in the sideblade.  I now think I have fixed the issue that you are facing.  Please test the latest from GitHub and let me know.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
(2021-08-03, 20:56)billyrene Wrote: i just updated from github and now whenever i get the information screen i am told there is an addon required

i do not use embuary helper and this message was never there before i updated today.... what new feature in the info dialogue requires the addon? and what setting do i need to change so this message doesn't show? any idea?
@billyrene , that is odd.  While I use embuary helper for several things in the info dialog, I do so only if enabled in the skin settings, so if you do not use the addon or even have it in your system, you should not be getting that popup.  Is this matrix or Leia? I just tested in Matrix without having Embuary Helper in my system and I do not get that popup when I go to the info dialog of an episode or movie or tv show.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
  • 219(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus5