• 229(current)
Release Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus
@bsoriano 

Incorrect season ordering on View_600_Triple

Been playing around with this type of view in my skin and found that sorting seasons by year can give incorrect results when the show contains a "Specials" season. I think the correct sort order should be seasonnumber

https://github.com/bartolomesoriano/skin.../issues/29

Regards
Rob
(2021-09-01, 20:45)roidy Wrote: @bsoriano 

Incorrect season ordering on View_600_Triple

Been playing around with this type of view in my skin and found that sorting seasons by year can give incorrect results when the show contains a "Specials" season. I think the correct sort order should be seasonnumber

https://github.com/bartolomesoriano/skin.../issues/29

Regards
Rob
@roidy , thank you! I had not noticed this.  I changed it as you suggest and tested that the seasons show in the correct order.  This only owrks on Matrix, though.  Thanks again.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
Main HTPC: Intel Core i7, 32GB, nVidia GTX1080, Windows 11 Soundbar: Samsung HW-Q950A TV: LG CX Kodi: 19.3 Skin: Amber
(2021-09-01, 20:08)Stormlord777 Wrote: Any reason why it is not in the latest version of the repo?

@Stormlord777 , I have not uploaded a new version to the Amber repo yet.  I usually wait until I have several fixes/new features before uploading a new version.  I probably will provide a new version before this week is over.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
Main HTPC: Intel Core i7, 32GB, nVidia GTX1080, Windows 11 Soundbar: Samsung HW-Q950A TV: LG CX Kodi: 19.3 Skin: Amber
(2021-09-01, 20:57)bsoriano Wrote:
(2021-09-01, 20:08)Stormlord777 Wrote: Any reason why it is not in the latest version of the repo?

@Stormlord777 , I have not uploaded a new version to the Amber repo yet.  I usually wait until I have several fixes/new features before uploading a new version.  I probably will provide a new version before this week is over.

Regards,

Bart

Hi Bart,

Thanks for the info.

Br.
Rob
Hi all,

can someone tell me what settings I need to change to get this and other views on home screen  Confused

Spent ages looking through setup videos no one mentions how.

Using Leia 18.9 Win 10

Thanks in advance
(2021-09-02, 15:47)fsurfer Wrote: can someone tell me what settings I need to change to get this and other views on home screen  Confused

@fsurfer , If I understand correctly, what you would like is to have the recently added movies shelf(widget) show up above your Movies main menu item?

First, I am supposing here that you already switched to Amber as your skin.  You can find Amber in the Kodi repository, or in the Amber repository for Leia (https://github.com/bartolomesoriano/repo...-1.0.1.zip), which you can install and then install Amber from there.  Installing Amber from the AMber repository will provide you with more frequent updates.

Then, here are the steps to get the shelf to show up:

1.  Go to Settings, Amber Settings, Home Layout, and on the right go down to Customize Menu and Shelves:

2.  In the resulting dialog, on the left move to Movies, and on the right, move down to Shelf 1:

3. Click on that, then you will get a dialog that just says Shelf 1, click on that to select what you want to appear on the shelf:

4.  In the resulting dialog, click on Default Shelves:

5. Then click on Movies:

6.  And then click on Recently Added Movies:

7.  You can customize the label that you want for the shelf, or just leave it as is:

8.  Optionally, set a limit of how many items you want to see in the shelf (fewer items usually means faster shelf loading):

In this example, I will set the limit to 10:

Notice that I did not set the sort order.  This is because the default Recently Added Movies shelf is already sorted by date added, descending (newest first).

9.  Press Back (or Esc) several times until you get back to the main menu.  Amber will then rebuild the menu, and your Recently Added Movies shelf should show up above the Movies main menu item, like so:

You can do something similar for any other menu item that you want to display a shelf(widget) for.

Please let me know if this is what you were looking for.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
Aw thank you, I thought it was something like this but I make many - mistakes removed all the Movies options so am having to restore and start again
(2021-09-02, 16:26)fsurfer Wrote: Aw thank you, I thought it was something like this but I make many - mistakes removed all the Movies options so am having to restore and start again

@fsurfer , a fast way to get Amber to look like default, is to do the following:

1. Quit Kodi.
2. Go to <userdata>\addon_data\skin.amber\ and delete the settings.xml that should be there.
3. Got to <userdata>\addon_data\script.skinshortcuts\ and delete all files that have "amber" in the file name.
4. Got to <Kodi>\addons\skin.amber\ and delete the "script-skinshortcuts-includes.xml" file that should be there.

<Kodi> in Windows should be something like C:\Users\<your user name>\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\

<userdata> in Windows should be something like C:\Users\<your user name>\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\

This should get you Amber configured as if you had just installed it.

Please let me know how it goes.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
(2021-09-02, 16:42)bsoriano Wrote:
(2021-09-02, 16:26)fsurfer Wrote: Aw thank you, I thought it was something like this but I make many - mistakes removed all the Movies options so am having to restore and start again

@fsurfer , a fast way to get Amber to look like default, is to do the following:

1. Quit Kodi.
2. Go to <userdata>\addon_data\skin.amber\ and delete the settings.xml that should be there.
3. Got to <userdata>\addon_data\script.skinshortcuts\ and delete all files that have "amber" in the file name.
4. Got to <Kodi>\addons\skin.amber\ and delete the "script-skinshortcuts-includes.xml" file that should be there.

<Kodi> in Windows should be something like C:\Users\<your user name>\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\

<userdata> in Windows should be something like C:\Users\<your user name>\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\

This should get you Amber configured as if you had just installed it.

Please let me know how it goes.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
I will, its a learning curve and have subscribed to this thread for any future tips.
@bsoriano - Hey Bart,

I just noticed that if I disable Artwork Beef, it still shows up on the context menu, so I'm assuming it is a bug. Can you make it so that it does not show up if AB is not installed, or not enabled that it won't show up?

Thanks,

Shedrock
(2021-09-02, 21:19)shedrock Wrote: @bsoriano - Hey Bart,

I just noticed that if I disable Artwork Beef, it still shows up on the context menu, so I'm assuming it is a bug. Can you make it so that it does not show up if AB is not installed, or not enabled that it won't show up?

Thanks,

Shedrock
@shedrock , you are correct, it was a bug.  I was only checking for the addon being installed.  I just changed it so that the options will only show up if the addon is installed and enabled.  Please try the latest from GitHub and let me know.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
(2021-09-02, 16:20)bsoriano Wrote:
(2021-09-02, 15:47)fsurfer Wrote: can someone tell me what settings I need to change to get this and other views on home screen  Confused

@fsurfer , If I understand correctly, what you would like is to have the recently added movies shelf(widget) show up above your Movies main menu item?

First, I am supposing here that you already switched to Amber as your skin.  You can find Amber in the Kodi repository, or in the Amber repository for Leia (https://github.com/bartolomesoriano/repo...-1.0.1.zip), which you can install and then install Amber from there.  Installing Amber from the AMber repository will provide you with more frequent updates.

Regards,

Bart
Thanks for the link as the Amber repository for Leia on Github comes set up and ready to go

Will you be adding the Netflix view to the general list of views?
(2021-09-02, 21:29)bsoriano Wrote: @shedrock , you are correct, it was a bug.
Man, you're quick. Thank you very much Bart. Much appreciated.

Regards,

Shedrock
Sorry Bart,

I meant to ask you if you left out the option for Artwork Dump to AD: Select Artwork in the Context Menu?

Thanks
(2021-09-02, 21:44)fsurfer Wrote:
(2021-09-02, 16:20)bsoriano Wrote:

Regards,

Bart
Thanks for the link as the Amber repository for Leia on Github comes set up and ready to go

Will you be adding the Netflix view to the general list of views?
@fsurfer , you are very welcome.  I am not sure what you mean by the Netflix view.  Do you mean add a main menu item that points to the Netflix addon? If so, you can do that yourself.  Here's how:

1. Go to Settings, Amber Settings, Home Layout, and choose Customize Home Menu and Shelves:

2. Then, in the configuration dialog, on the right, press Up to go to the row of buttons, and select the + button:

3. Once you click on that + button, press down on the select dialog until you get to Add-on:

4. Then scroll down to Video Add-on:

5. Click on that, and then scroll down to Netflix:

6.  Click on that and then select "create menu item to here":

7.  I think it is a good idea to select a background to show for the new menu item, otherwise it will have a black background.  So, in the configuration dialog, go to Select Background:

And scroll down until you find "Default Amber Background".  Of course, you can set whatever background you want for the menu item; it can be a single image, a folder of images (Amber will cycle through them):

8.  Go back until you get to the main menu.  You should now have a new menu item "Netflix" that takes you to the Netflix addon.  It should look like this:

These instructions suppose that you already have the Netflix addon installed, enabled and configured.

Please let me know if this is what you were looking for.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
  • 229(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus5