• 236(current)
Release Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus
(2021-09-21, 00:12)shedrock Wrote:
(2021-09-20, 23:59)ontap Wrote: I saw the post about setting extended info as the default "info" screen  and as a big fan of the old EI, thought I would try it.
You need this one:

https://github.com/henryjfry/repository.thenewdiamond/
Thanks , but that is the one I am using. Zip wont install , dependency error on "skin.helper.service".
EDIT : my bad  I should have extracted the main zip , OK Shedrock , hopefully I will be OK now tx.
@shedrock , yes got it installed, one more question , I assume Bart has added  an option somewhere in skin settings to enable diamond info to open when pressing "I" instead of default info dialogue , but I can't find it ?
(2021-09-21, 00:34)ontap Wrote: @shedrock , yes got it installed, one more question , I assume Bart has added  an option somewhere in skin settings to enable diamond info to open when pressing "I" instead of default info dialogue , but I can't find it ?
Settings > Media Views. It's the last option at the bottom.
(2021-09-21, 00:34)ontap Wrote: @shedrock , yes got it installed, one more question , I assume Bart has added  an option somewhere in skin settings to enable diamond info to open when pressing "I" instead of default info dialogue , but I can't find it ?
@ontap, make sure you install the extended info variant and not the diamond info variant.  Amber expects the addon script.extendedinfo to be present.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
Main HTPC: Intel Core i7, 32GB, nVidia GTX1080, Windows 11 Soundbar: Samsung HW-Q950A TV: LG CX Kodi: 19.3 Skin: Amber
Hi @bsoriano,

The changes look great, but on my Windows PC with Matrix, it's like watching paint dry waiting for the color change to take effect. I'll test it on my LE system tomorrow. BTW: Do you find Amber on Matrix slow after boot? I ask because for me the widgets take approximately 37 seconds to load with the weather.

Regards,

Shedrock
(2021-09-21, 01:52)shedrock Wrote: Hi @bsoriano,

The changes look great, but on my Windows PC with Matrix, it's like watching paint dry waiting for the color change to take effect. I'll test it on my LE system tomorrow. BTW: Do you find Amber on Matrix slow after boot? I ask because for me the widgets take approximately 37 seconds to load with the weather.

Regards,

Shedrock
@shedrock, I will switch back tomorrow to using tmdb helper for blur, it is faster.  As for slow loading of widgets, I am not sure what could be the cause.  I need to do some testing making sure that there are no addons which could affect that, like library data provider, SHS and skin widgets, etc.

I will test tomorrow with a portable installation.  I will let you know what I find.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
Main HTPC: Intel Core i7, 32GB, nVidia GTX1080, Windows 11 Soundbar: Samsung HW-Q950A TV: LG CX Kodi: 19.3 Skin: Amber
(2021-09-21, 01:31)bsoriano Wrote:
@ontap, make sure you install the extended info variant and not the diamond info variant.  Amber expects the addon script.extendedinfo to be present.

Regards,

Bart

Thanks have done above but in skin settings -media views. the pic you posted in post "3509", on my screen that option to set EI as default isn't there ? am using matrix -amber , version 3.4.29 ?
(2021-09-21, 09:47)ontap Wrote: Thanks have done above but in skin settings -media views. the pic you posted in post "3509", on my screen that option to set EI as default isn't there ? am using matrix -amber , version 3.4.29 ?

@ontap , please make sure that you are using the version from GitHub.  I have not changed the version number yet, so it still is 3.4.29.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
(2021-09-21, 03:43)bsoriano Wrote: @shedrock, I will switch back tomorrow to using tmdb helper for blur, it is faster.
I missed this post. It seems to be working relatively well, but there is a delay. Although, the other method still lags on my LE installation. I personally find everything on Matrix slow. Maybe I need a new system, but it is frustrating with the million reboots, lockups etc...

Shedrock
(2021-09-21, 15:41)bsoriano Wrote:
(2021-09-21, 09:47)ontap Wrote: Thanks have done above but in skin settings -media views. the pic you posted in post "3509", on my screen that option to set EI as default isn't there ? am using matrix -amber , version 3.4.29 ?

@ontap , please make sure that you are using the version from GitHub.  I have not changed the version number yet, so it still is 3.4.29.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Sorted tx.
Is it possible to add info at widgets?
It is the only thing that is missing from this skin
(2021-09-21, 19:51)manthes Wrote: Is it possible to add info at widgets?
It is the only thing that is missing from this skin
@manthes, you can enable an info pop-up on a per widget basis, and you can configure the delay before it pops up.  Please try it out and let me know what you are still missing after that.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
(2021-09-21, 01:52)shedrock Wrote: The changes look great, but on my Windows PC with Matrix, it's like watching paint dry waiting for the color change to take effect. I'll test it on my LE system tomorrow. BTW: Do you find Amber on Matrix slow after boot? I ask because for me the widgets take approximately 37 seconds to load with the weather.

@shedrock , in a portable Matrix install, Windows 10, I have not been able to reproduce slow startup.  I have no other skin installed, just the GitHub version of Amber (and Estuary, of course), and I installed all addons that I thought could make a difference in startup times:

- Skin Helper Service
- Library Data Provider
- Skin Helper Service Widgets
- Skin Info Service
- Next Up
- TMDb Helper
- Embuary Helper
- Embuary Info
- Extended Info
- Toolbox
- Artist Slideshow
- TV Show Next Aired
- YouTube
- Skinvariables
- Multi Weather
- Trakt

I also installed my PVR client (I use NextPVR), and also scanned almost my full library.  In this install I have:

- 6700 movies
-1100 tv shows and about 16k episodes
- 150 music videos
- 1570 songs

I did not modify any of the default widgets that come with a fresh install of the skin, and made TV Shows my default menu item.  Thus, when Kodi starts up, the Recently Added Episodes widget is the first shown.

My startup times hover around 3 seconds from double-clicking the Kodi portable icon on my Windows desktop to seeing the episodes widget populated.  I am running Windows 11 on an Intel Core i7 with 32 GB of RAM, an nVidia GTX-1080 video card and a 1TB M.2 SSD.

I guess the next step would be to get a debug log from you that shows the slow startup issue, to see if that gives me any clue as to what might be happening.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
(2021-09-21, 23:57)bsoriano Wrote: @shedrock , in a portable Matrix install, Windows 10, I have not been able to reproduce slow startup.  I have no other skin installed, just the GitHub version of Amber (and Estuary, of course), and I installed all addons that I thought could make a difference in startup times:
Then it must be my Zotac Z-Box is probably outdated like me. When I get some money I will get a new system, because this is just frustrating my wife and myself. I will probably use Xonfluence because there is zero wait time after boot for everything to load.

Just curious. Why do you not use LibreELEC?

(2021-09-21, 23:57)bsoriano Wrote: I guess the next step would be to get a debug log from you that shows the slow startup issue, to see if that gives me any clue as to what might be happening.
No problem. I will get a log done tomorrow. I truly believe it is my Zotac box with the AMD processor.
Hi Bart

Here would be some missing finnish translations;

1. Hide PVR channel preview = Piilota PVR kanavan esikatselu
2. Always use TV show poster for episodes = Käytä aina TV-sarjan julistetta jaksoille
3. Open ExtendedInfo for Info dialogs = Avaa ExtendedInfo Tiedot -valintaikkunaan

#3 was abit confusing, leaving some guestions and hard to translate but think it's ok for now.

Also this translation would need correction;

Fanart title button opens Info dialog = Fanitaiteen otsikkonappi avaa Tiedot -valintaikkunan

Noticed that this option doesn't work for music, atleast on my shield tv with matrix.
  • 236(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus5