• 237(current)
Release Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus
(2021-09-22, 03:21)shedrock Wrote: Just curious. Why do you not use LibreELEC?

@shedrock , I have never been much of a Linux guy, I have been supporting Windows as an IT professional since Windows 1.0; that's what I am most comfortable with.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
Main HTPC: Intel Core i7, 32GB, nVidia GTX1080, Windows 11 Soundbar: Samsung HW-Q950A TV: LG CX Kodi: 19.3 Skin: Amber
(2021-09-18, 12:59)coolstud Wrote: 1. Horizontal home menu can that be static with no wraparound and in the middle. Image attached below.
2. Can the vertical menu have the option to be in the top, bottom and centre.
3. I cannot move the seekbar forwards and backwards on android tablet and phone, please can this be fixed.
4. 'Auto close video osd close' after 1 and 2 seconds in the options and 'Show seek bar when starting video playback' for 1 second in the options.
5. OSD and touch buttons bigger to use on the android tablet and phone.

@coolstud , my apologies for not having answered sooner.

1. I will see what I can do; no promises though.

2.  I do not understand this request, could you please describe further what is that you are after? Thanks.

3.  I will look into this, it is a bit hard for me to test this on a tablet.

4.  I will add these options very soon.

5.  I do not think I will be doing this.  You can try the alternate highlighting for the OSD buttons, I think they are easier to use on a tablet.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
Main HTPC: Intel Core i7, 32GB, nVidia GTX1080, Windows 11 Soundbar: Samsung HW-Q950A TV: LG CX Kodi: 19.3 Skin: Amber
(2021-09-22, 16:56)G0mez Wrote: Noticed that this option doesn't work for music, atleast on my shield tv with matrix.

@G0mez , thanks for the translations.  The option that you mention is only for video, not for music.

There are some strings that still need translating to Finnish:

1. Slide Out Media Items While Trailer Playing
   - This is so that when the trailer is playing in media views, the media items slide out of the way so more of the trailer can be seen

2. Art Downloader: Select Artwork
3. Art Downloader: All Artwork
4. Show Artwork Downloader items in Context Menu

5. Movies with Tag
 - This is a new option in the Search window, you can search for movies that have a certain tag. You can also click on the tags in the video info dialog and Amber will ask you to select one of the tags and will search for movies that have that tag.
6. Select a Tag
7. With Tag

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
(2021-09-22, 22:31)bsoriano Wrote: @shedrock , I have never been much of a Linux guy, I have been supporting Windows as an IT professional since Windows 1.0; that's what I am most comfortable with.

I know absolutely nothing about Linux. LE is not like that. You install it via a USB flash drive and that's it. You do nothing else but configure Kodi the same way you do in Windows. You will never go back to Kodi for Windows afterwards.

Cheers,

Shedrock
(2021-09-22, 23:35)shedrock Wrote: I know absolutely nothing about Linux. LE is not like that. You install it via a USB flash drive and that's it. You do nothing else but configure Kodi the same way you do in Windows. You will never go back to Kodi for Windows afterwards.

Good to know, thanks @shedrock ! At some point, I need to decouple my main HTPC from other things I do with it, so I can have a device that I only use for Kodi.  I think then LE will make much more sense for me.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
(2021-09-22, 22:31)bsoriano Wrote:
(2021-09-22, 03:21)shedrock Wrote: Just curious. Why do you not use LibreELEC?

@shedrock , I have never been much of a Linux guy, I have been supporting Windows as an IT professional since Windows 1.0; that's what I am most comfortable with.

Regards,

Bart

I started in IT support long before Windows, working with Digital, Honeywell and IBM Computers. . .PDP's, Vax's, Apple Lisa, AS400 etc.
(2021-08-09, 18:28)bsoriano Wrote:
(2021-08-08, 16:10)lynxstrike Wrote: If you have the time, may be you could add an option to change color and transparency on the panels.
Thanks for all the time and hard work you put into keeping this skin one of the best...

@lynxstrike , you can already change the color and transparency of the panels in the media views.  You can go to Color Options in the Amber settings and change the "Media Views Background Tint" color:

And you can change the transparency of the selected color by using the "Opacity" slider, where 100% is totally opaque and 0% is totally transparent:

Please be aware that this requires script.skinhelper.colorpicker to work.  The addon is available in the Kodi repo, and Amber will prompt you to install it if you do not have it and attempt to change any of the color options.

Regards,

Bart

Hi,

is this still part of Amber 3.4.29? - I installed script.skinhelper.colorpicker when prompted 2.0.1 was installed - nothing happens

All of a sudden its working, 40 minutes how peculiar.

Bart I must say, the effects are amazing.

Bsoriano, I have an interesting request if possible. I, creating a fast and clean looking setup with only the main menu visible and focused on background artwork. What I would like to do is have the option to open the submenu as an action on a main menu item. I would like the submenu to open in a window similar to to full screen Favourites window when you click Favorites. Does this sound like a possible option you can implement? The Titan skin had a similar option to open submenu on main menu click, and it would help me achieve what im trying to do with this idea. Thanks Bart, as always.
Feature request:

Amber uses poster.jpg/videoname-poster.jpg art when browsing in fileview for folder if no folder.jpg found

TLDR: Amber seems to only use folder.jpg for folder art with stuff that doesn't have content set.

I recently started using Amber after I upgraded to Kodi 19 Matrix where I was previously using Transparencey! with v18 and before.
Amber is a beautiful skin and is an excellent upgrade from Transparencey! except for one niche issue for me.

I have a top menu item made titled "Kids" which opens a favorite of a multiple path SMB source of /Kids TV and /Kids Movie all into one. Each movie/TV show is in its own subfolder under those main folders. Content is not set for this as it's mixed content. I find easier to keep the kids stuff out of the DB of more adult movies/TV stuff that content is set for. Easier for them browsing mixed content and they don't miss the info/DB stuff. They navigate purely by the title and art.

With Transparency! it would use the poster.jpg/moviename-poster.jpg for artwork for these items. Amber seems to only use folder.jpg for the folder art. All my TV stuff have folder.jpgs but the movies do not so Amber shows a fanart background for them and a generic folder image for the poster. I could copy all the poster.jpgs and rename into folder.jpgs as a fix and will if necessary to continue using this skin. Just thought I'd see if this could be added.

Thanks for the beautiful skin
(2021-09-23, 00:42)fsurfer Wrote: Bart I must say, the effects are amazing.

@fsurfer , thank you for your kind words! Smile

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
(2021-09-23, 05:15)Riot504 Wrote: With Transparency! it would use the poster.jpg/moviename-poster.jpg for artwork for these items. Amber seems to only use folder.jpg for the folder art. All my TV stuff have folder.jpgs but the movies do not so Amber shows a fanart background for them and a generic folder image for the poster. I could copy all the poster.jpgs and rename into folder.jpgs as a fix and will if necessary to continue using this skin. Just thought I'd see if this could be added.

@Riot504 , thanks for your kind words and for bringing this to my attention.  I have just fixed this, the changes are already con GitHub.  If you are not comfortable downloading/updating from GitHub, please wait a few days and I will upload a new version to the Amber repo.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
(2021-09-21, 19:51)manthes Wrote: Is it possible to add info at widgets?
It is the only thing that is missing from this skin
@manthes , I have been thinking more about this, and have been playing around with info for widgets that appears permanently (if the option is enabled for the widget, of course).  What do you think of this?

How does that look to you? Anything else you would like to see for a movie? Please let me know.  Thanks.

Again, this is a work in progress and not available for user testing yet.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
(2021-09-23, 22:54)bsoriano Wrote: @manthes , I have been thinking more about this, and have been playing around with info for widgets that appears permanently (if the option is enabled for the widget, of course).  What do you think of this?
This is  awesome. I guess it's is only for Vertical mode though?
(2021-09-23, 22:58)shedrock Wrote: This is  awesome. I guess it's is only for Vertical mode though?

@shedrock , no, it will be for both:

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
(2021-09-23, 23:05)bsoriano Wrote: no, it will be for both
Sweet! Thank you. It reminds me or ReFred skin years ago by Sualfred.
  • 237(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus5