• 245(current)
Release Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus
Hi,

thank you for your time and effort.

please forgive my ignorance had to get my head around working with Kodi install again.

Decided to try Matrix as I have overcome the scraping issue I had.
  • tried with repository.amber.matrix-1.0.2 - no change
  • tried again with skin.amber-master - had the mods

It started off as EPG, l tweaked a few settings to get the look I prefer and now has the symbol, if pressed during play it pauses video

This is better shortcut than I imagined and will be using frequently any probs will get back to you.

Can you point out what I need to do to get the mods for @shedrock working

(2021-10-23, 14:23)fsurfer Wrote: Hi,

please forgive my ignorance had to get my head around working with Kodi install again.

It started off as EPG, l tweaked a few settings to get the look I prefer and now has the symbol, if pressed during play it pauses video

This is better shortcut than I imagined and will be using frequently any probs will get back to you.

@fsurfer, I am glad you like the episodes list!

As for the other mod, I see that you already have 2 shelves together. Now you just need to enable "Show shelves info" for that menu item.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
Main HTPC: Intel Core i7, 32GB, nVidia GTX1080, Windows 11 Soundbar: Samsung HW-Q950A TV: LG CX Kodi: 19.3 Skin: Amber
(2021-10-23, 14:23)fsurfer Wrote: It started off as EPG, l tweaked a few settings to get the look I prefer and now has the symbol, if pressed during play it pauses video

@fsurfer , the EPG icon was an oversight on my part.  I just fixed this on GitHub.   And yes, when you press the button it pauses the video, and when you back out of the dialog the video is resumed.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
Main HTPC: Intel Core i7, 32GB, nVidia GTX1080, Windows 11 Soundbar: Samsung HW-Q950A TV: LG CX Kodi: 19.3 Skin: Amber
(2021-10-23, 19:33)bsoriano Wrote:
(2021-10-23, 14:23)fsurfer Wrote: Hi,

@fsurfer, I am glad you like the episodes list!

As for the other mod, I see that you already have 2 shelves together. Now you just need to enable "Show shelves info" for that menu item.

Regards,

Bart
Bart, this is amazing.

(2021-10-23, 22:58)fsurfer Wrote: Bart, this is amazing.

@fsurfer , thanks! Smile

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
@fsurfer , I am trying out adding the seasons to the episode list dialog in the OSD.  It currently looks like this:

You move horizontally between seasons, and the episode list changes to reflect the season.  You press Down from the seasons list to go to the episodes.  The only drawback I can think of is that you will not start in the season that you are currently watching, but in the first season for the show (I have not figured out how to start in the season you are in now).  

Do you prefer having the seasons list, so that you can go to any episode of any season, or would you rather have just the episodes for the current season in the dialog? Please let me know.  The changes for the season list are already on GitHub, but I can always make this optional.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
Hi,

I've yet to look at the episode mod with Anime or long-running TV-series and I suspect it will be just as amazing, loosing the marker when you have long running shows and a lot of episodes per season, may be an issue

2 examples:- NCIS and One Piece

No problem with number of episodes per season or length of episode titles

One thing I did notice - 'play' would be useful on home screen when you right-click else if you just select it takes you to the episode list

and the trailers starts whatever you are doing

If you right-click within TV-series

(2021-10-24, 01:53)fsurfer Wrote: One thing I did notice - 'play' would be useful on home screen when you right-click else if you just select it takes you to the episode list

@fsurfer , unfortunately, for the widgets I cannot control the options that Kodi puts in the context menu, so I cannot add Play there. 

As for the trailer, I just fixed it on GitHub so that it does not continue playing if the context menu is active.  Thanks for pointing this out.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
@fsurfer , I decided to make the Episodes List button optional.  You can now also choose to include the Seasons or not.  You will find the new settings here:

Please be aware that the episodes list button is turned off by default.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
(2021-10-24, 17:46)bsoriano Wrote: @fsurfer , I decided to make the Episodes List button optional.  You can now also choose to include the Seasons or not.  You will find the new settings here:

Please be aware that the episodes list button is turned off by default.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Good idea, I hoped you'd do that.

Just upgraded to 19.2 and installed the mod or should I say the new std feature as so far it works as it should - we will try over next week

Hi Bart,

I appear to have a button on the player that does not function, which is a nuisance if you have a long end credit

These are my settings

Now have Alternative OSD Button Highlighting set to 'NO', no difference. Any thoughts?
Just commenting to say thank you. Tried every available theme in Kodi repo and Amber is the best one.
Hi Bart

Been adding finnish translations straight to weblate, as can keep translating lots of other stuff too. Noticed 3 new strings for amber but now I'm wondering where is word 'Cert' been used? Just to make sure I'll translate it correctly
(2021-10-24, 22:32)fsurfer Wrote: I appear to have a button on the player that does not function, which is a nuisance if you have a long end credit

@fsurfer , the button works, just perhaps not the way you think it should.  That button goes to the Next chapter if the video has chapters, not to the next episode in the show.  As far as I know, there is no Kodi function that I can call from the skin that will go to the next episode in the season.  In fact, that is why you need an addon like Up Next to do something like that. 

Kodi does support to play the next video automatically, which will play the next episode when the current one finishes playing.  You can always turn that setting on.  And if you have long credits, you can always configure the Up Next addon to show you the auto play notification sooner than the 30 seconds that it has as default.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
  • 245(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus5