• 247(current)
Release Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus
(2021-10-26, 02:35)bsoriano Wrote:
(2021-10-26, 02:08)BriceysCousin Wrote: @bsoriano noticed a "bug" with Leia build b55d0cc7e455fa9c84dc9c81715975d859821d7b

while i'm playing a video from my library, when i press the button to bring up the video info, i'm greeted with a box telling me i need Embuary Helper to do such and such

even though all i did was click the button to bring up the video info

i reverted back to version fcff2a2b803a9c7cb411b8a8d4263e96538ee444 and it no longer behaves the same
@BriceysCousin , you can go back to the latest build.  Since you do not use embuary helper, you will need to disable "Show Episode List Button" in Amber Settings, Full Screen/OSD.  The episodes list button now requires embuary helper, so that I can also include seasons in the dialog that opens when you press that button.  Please try and let me know if this fixes the issue for you.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
oh wow i should have known i was missing something rather than it being a bug

what a cool feature, i just tried it and i'm going to use it, thanks !
@bsoriano - Hi Bart,

Just noticed something and wanted to point it out using my attached image.

UPDATE: Maybe you can remove First Aired and put Ends at time and Genre below Cast?

I also just noticed the following:

Regards,

Shedrock
(2021-10-26, 13:05)shedrock Wrote: Just noticed something and wanted to point it out using my attached image.

@shedrock , thanks for the feedback.  Could you please try the latest from GitHub? It looks like this now:

What do you think? Please let me know.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
Main HTPC: Intel Core i7, 32GB, nVidia GTX1080, Windows 11 Soundbar: Samsung HW-Q950A TV: LG CX Kodi: 19.3 Skin: Amber
(2021-10-26, 13:05)shedrock Wrote: I also just noticed the following:

@shedrock , I am not sure that I follow you on this one.  The line is showing Season # and Episode #.  Perhaps it is that you are not used to not seeing the leading zero before the season number and episode number? I mean, S1E2 instead of S01E02? If that is the case, I swill change that, to be consistent with other parts of the skin where season and episode numbers are displayed.  Please confirm.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
Main HTPC: Intel Core i7, 32GB, nVidia GTX1080, Windows 11 Soundbar: Samsung HW-Q950A TV: LG CX Kodi: 19.3 Skin: Amber
(2021-10-26, 16:54)bsoriano Wrote: I am not sure that I follow you on this one. 
If you look again, you will see that it is showing S1E2 <- this is season 1 and episode 2 already showing. Now look to the right, it is showing Episode 2 when it has already listed both together S1E2. The EPISODE 2 to the right is redundant, that's why I was suggesting to use Season 1, Episode 2 format instead.
(2021-10-26, 16:48)bsoriano Wrote: @shedrock , thanks for the feedback.  Could you please try the latest from GitHub? It looks like this now:
It is perfect. I love this feature.

Thanks so much for this Bart. I really appreciate it.

Shedrock
(2021-10-26, 19:09)shedrock Wrote:
(2021-10-26, 16:54)bsoriano Wrote: I am not sure that I follow you on this one. 
If you look again, you will see that it is showing S1E2 <- this is season 1 and episode 2 already showing. Now look to the right, it is showing Episode 2 when it has already listed both together S1E2. The EPISODE 2 to the right is redundant, that's why I was suggesting to use Season 1, Episode 2 format instead.

@shedrock, in that specific case, Episode 2 is the title of that episode. It seems as if that show (many British shows do this) does not provide other titles for its episodes beyond "Episode Xx".

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
(2021-10-26, 19:24)bsoriano Wrote: @shedrock, in that specific case, Episode 2 is the title of that episode. It seems as if that show (many British shows do this) does not provide other titles for its episodes beyond "Episode Xx".
arghh, I hate when I am wrong. You're absolutely right, and I should have known that, considering 99% of my library are all British series.

Thanks Bart
(2021-10-19, 23:31)Cyberdom Wrote: Always use TV Show poster for episodes : Toujours utiliser l'affiche de la série TV pour les épisodes
Nothing changes when I choose Yes or No for this function. Is this normal ?
In "Media Views" there is a similar function "Use poster for episodes".
What is the difference ?

@Cyberdom , my apologies for the delayed response.  When Always use tv show poster for episodes is enabled, media views and shelves will not show the season poster for an episode, which is the Amber default if there is a season poster.  Amber will always show the tv show poster.

The option "use poster for episodes" shows the season or tv show poster instead of the episode thumb in media views.

There are some strings which still need to be translated for French, so that the translation is 100%.  They are:

1. Use user rating for overlay
    - This is to show the user rating (star rating) instead of the main rating for the rating overlay.

2. Centered Static Menu (less than 8 items)
   - This is for the static vertical menu, when you have less than 8 items, to center it vertically on the screen

3. Art Downloader: Select Artwork
4. Art Downloader: All Artwork
5. Show Artwork Downloader items in Context Menu

6. Cert
    - This is an abbreviation for Certification, or age rating (like PG-13, R, etc.)

7. Show Episodes List button
   - This is for an upcoming feature that shows a button on the video OSD, when watching an episode, that shows a list of the season's episodes and allows you to select any of them to paly it.

8. Include Seasons in Episodes List popup
    - This is to also include seasons in the episodes list popup, which allows you to go to any episode of any season of the tv show.

9. Next Aired
    - This is used in the shelf info for episodes when using two shelves together.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
So Xbox One FINALLY got Matrix (19.3) and I decided to do a clean install. I reinstalled Amber and when its done it flashes to the home screen with a shortcuts error and then just hangs. 

I can't even access the log to post so I'm not sure what my next step should be. :/
There's a Python permissions issue with Matrix 19.3 on XBox. This is under urgent investigation at the moment, but is probably giving you all sorts of issues.

It's not skin related, and we are working on a fix which will need a new version of Kodi to be released to resolve.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Hello all,

I have uploaded versions 3.4.31 (Matrix) and 3.2.151 (Leia) to GitHub and the Amber repos.  The highlights are:

1. Rework Shelf info for Two Shelves Together.  Amber will now provide a different look for the shelf info if you have enabled two shelves together for the menu item.  Thank you @shedrock  for the request.  In the following screenshot, I have enabled two shelves together (and show shelves info) for the TV Shows menu item:

- No shelf focused:

- Bottom (Shelf 1) shelf focused:

The next aired info, as well as the cast, are provided by tmdb helper.  You need to have this addon installed, enabled, and enable its use in Amber settings in order for cast and next aired to be shown.

- Top (Shelf 2) shelf focused:

2. Episodes List button in Video OSD (for episodes).  Amber can now show an episodes list dialog when the episodes list button is selected while playing an episode.  Thank you @fsurfer  for the request. The episodes list button is optional, and disabled by default.  The dialog can also include seasons, and this is optional as well.  The new settings are here:

It is important to note that, in order to use this feature, you need embuary helper installed, enabled, and activated in Amber settings.  

The new button in the video OSD is the one highlighted in the following screenshot:

Once you select it (click it), you get the following dialog (the video is paused while the dialog is active):

You can move horizontally between seasons, and the episodes list beloow changes accordingly.  When you press Down from the seasons list, you get to the episodes list. 

The following screenshot shows how the focused episode in the episodes list looks:

You can select any episode and Kodi will play that episode.

There are also many other miscellaneous fixes.

Please download, test, and let me know if you find any issues.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
Hi Bart,

thanks for updates will check out later.  I seem to have a problem with Search since last update, if there is no local title.

First message 'No Information Available'

Second message 'Youtube search results' appears on top

Just installed updates and have same issue.

If search finds local information (Movies and TV) it does NOT search Youtube

Is there a setting ( I will check) as it does not search Music as I have loads of Star Trek Audio Books

Switched on Global Search

It does not search YouTube

Youtube is working

(2021-10-27, 22:20)bsoriano Wrote:
(2021-10-19, 23:31)Cyberdom Wrote: Always use TV Show poster for episodes : Toujours utiliser l'affiche de la série TV pour les épisodes
Nothing changes when I choose Yes or No for this function. Is this normal ?
In "Media Views" there is a similar function "Use poster for episodes".
What is the difference ?

@Cyberdom , my apologies for the delayed response.  When Always use tv show poster for episodes is enabled, media views and shelves will not show the season poster for an episode, which is the Amber default if there is a season poster.  Amber will always show the tv show poster.

The option "use poster for episodes" shows the season or tv show poster instead of the episode thumb in media views.
Thank you @bsoriano for the details.

(2021-10-27, 22:20)bsoriano Wrote: There are some strings which still need to be translated for French, so that the translation is 100%.
Here are the translations in French :
- Use user rating for overlay : Utiliser l'évaluation de l'utilisateur pour la superposition
- Centered Static Menu (less than 8 items) : Menu statique centré (moins de 8 éléments)
- Art Downloader: Select Artwork :
Téléchargeur d'illustrations : Sélectionner un artwork
- Art Downloader: All Artwork
Téléchargeur d'illustrations : Tous les artworks
- Show Artwork Downloader items in Context Menu : Afficher les éléments du téléchargeur d'artworks dans le menu contextuel
- Cert : Cert
- Show Episodes List button : Afficher le bouton de la liste des épisodes
- Include Seasons in Episodes List popup : Inclure les saisons dans la popup de la liste des épisodes
- Next Aired : Prochaine diffusion
(2021-10-28, 22:28)fsurfer Wrote: First message 'No Information Available'

Second message 'Youtube search results' appears on top

@fsurfer , thanks for pointing this out.  I just fixed the overlapping message on GitHub.

(2021-10-28, 22:28)fsurfer Wrote: If search finds local information (Movies and TV) it does NOT search Youtube

I cannot reproduce this.  Even when local results are found, if you have the "YouTube videos by Title" search category enabled, you should be seeing YouTube results.  I am, as you can see here:

(2021-10-28, 22:28)fsurfer Wrote: It does not search YouTube

I do not control what Global Search searches, you do that through the addon settings.  The search categories dialog from the skin only affects searches when Global Search is not enabled in the skin settings.  Looking at the Global Search settings, it does not do YouTube searches:

(2021-10-28, 22:28)fsurfer Wrote: Is there a setting ( I will check) as it does not search Music as I have loads of Star Trek Audio Books

If the relevant music search categories are enabled in the skin settings, you should be seeing artist, album and song results.  Of course, as I mentioned above, the search categories dialog only affects the skin searches, not the Global Search searches.  If you enable Global Search, you will only get Global Search results.  If you disable Global Search, you will get skin search results.  See below an example of getting music results in my library:

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
  • 247(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus5