• 263(current)
Release Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus
(2021-12-02, 22:17)shedrock Wrote: Please do not remove this feature if indeed it was an oversight.

@shedrock , it was indeed an oversight, I did not think of the use case where you go into the info dialog while already playing something.  As per your request, I will leave the code as is.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
Main HTPC: Intel Core i7, 32GB, nVidia GTX1080, Windows 11 Soundbar: Samsung HW-Q950A TV: LG CX Kodi: 19.3 Skin: Amber
(2021-12-02, 23:37)bsoriano Wrote:
(2021-12-02, 20:41)fsurfer Wrote: When I click stop, the highlights go a bit skewiff

@fsurfer , I have not been able to determine the cause for this.  Since it is more of an annoyance than an issue that affects functionality, I will put in in the back burner for now.

Regards,

Bart
Hi,

don't waste any time as its not a show-stopper, as Estuary works fine. I'll remove as something has corrupted and install the latest Github version.

Update:- installed and this corrected in progress / recently added. Highlight issue is present on each osd (normal, compact and ultra)

(2021-12-02, 16:39)bsoriano Wrote:
(2021-11-30, 18:59)billyrene Wrote: i updated to the latest amber and ran into a little problem i had a couple of months ago that you already solved back then. whenever i bring up the OSD a popup appears and i am told to use this this feature i need to install embuary helper. now, i had embuary helper installed  at one point to try it out but it doesn't work that well on android so i removed it again.  the installation and the removal of the helper seems to have been the reason for this problem back then

@billyrene , could you please try the latest from GitHub? I changed the code further so that only if embuary helper is enabled it will include the code for the episdoes list button.  Please let me know if the issue is now fixed for you.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

seems to have done the trick thank you

i also noticed something else. when i have the player on in the background and go to the main menu and bring up a shelf the main menu bar moves all the way to the bottom. i put two images next to each other so you understand what i mean

Linux Elementary, Kodi 19.4, Lastest Amber Skin
Android TV 11, Kodi 20.2, Latest Amber Skin
I'm admittedly a newbie when it comes to customizing my skin, and Amber looked like the best option for my light use. I've tried searching this out and I got lost in the posts, so please bear with me. I'm currently using Matrix and the most recent Amber download on a Fire Cube. I have plenty of room available, so storage is no factor.
I'm not trying to upload my own movies, so that doesn't come into play. I simply want the ability to use my add-ons (Seren, etc) for posters/widgets. I already got those add-ons loaded, but I can't quite figure out how to "draw-out" the posters already embedded using TMDB or Embruary Helper script for say New Releases or Popular. Where am I missing that piece of the puzzle? Should I use Trakt for that?
Even if someone could direct me to a relatively recent step-by-step, that would be amazing.
(2021-12-03, 18:30)sherbear97124 Wrote: I simply want the ability to use my add-ons (Seren, etc)

And we simply want the ability for new arrivals here to actually read the forum rules (wiki) before they post about systems infested with piracy banned addons (wiki).

Please go and actually read them, especially the piracy policy (wiki) as we offer no support for any device that has such addons installed.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2021-12-03, 19:00)DarrenHill Wrote:
(2021-12-03, 18:30)sherbear97124 Wrote: I simply want the ability to use my add-ons (Seren, etc)

And we simply want the ability for new arrivals here to actually read the forum rules (wiki) before they post about systems infested with piracy banned addons (wiki).

Please go and actually read them, especially the piracy policy (wiki) as we offer no support for any device that has such addons installed.

Could of said that a little nicer maybe? He said he is a newbie, he probably didn't know, he barely mentioned a addon as a example.... Seems like a little bit overly harsh response for that
And let's face it.... None of us read the freaking rules. I bet you that..
My apologies. I have read the list, but it was so long, I obviously missed that one. For the record, my system isn't "infested" with piracy add-ons. I do also have legit add-ons, thank you very much. I've been using Kodi builds for a long time and finally decided they were too bloated, and now I just want to try a light, custom skin.

Then how do I at least pull in posters and trailers from TMDB? Regardless, I really do need help with this one thing.
You have at least one banned addon (wiki), so as I said, no support is available here.

If you clean up your device by removing all such addons and repos, then upload and provide the link to a debug log (wiki), then things can proceed.

And as to not reading the rules, ignorance is no excuse. We don't like piracy here.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2021-12-02, 23:53)bsoriano Wrote: @shedrock , it was indeed an oversight, I did not think of the use case where you go into the info dialog while already playing something.  As per your request, I will leave the code as is.
Thank you very much Bart.
(2021-12-03, 21:20)Joeyrub Wrote: Could of said that a little nicer maybe? He said he is a newbie, he probably didn't know, he barely mentioned a addon as a example....
Because..? Plenty of times, "new" users of Kodi are surprisingly capable of finding add-ons that basically facilitate watching video in an illegal manner. He probably didn't know? Everyone has at least a minimum amount of common sense: getting the latest/newest media content for free may, but probably will, have consequences. We are not here to condone that type of usage. We've had enough crap already thrown at Kodi's reputation for the last few years.

(2021-12-03, 21:20)Joeyrub Wrote: And let's face it.... None of us read the freaking rules.
Well, perhaps you should. Like, at least briefly, anywhere your 'signature' is required. This forum is not a kindergarten where people's actions are swept under the rug & everything is all honky-dory. We already have to walk along a fine line, so any forum visitor overstepping that line will be more or less reprimanded.
(2021-12-02, 21:59)bsoriano Wrote:
(2021-12-02, 20:41)fsurfer Wrote: In progress movies or episodes and recently added movies or TV Shows isn't updating.

@fsurfer , what do you mean by this? 

Regards,

Bart
Hi Bart,

even with latest Github version something is still off. I wonder @shedrock do you have same problem?

I select in progress and see

The In Progress episodes only picks up on a few of the In Progress TV Shows and not all are current

If I revert to Estuary, In Progress TV Shows it is as above

@fsurfer, are you sure that you are looking at in progress TV shows (not episodes) in both skins? In Amber, if you select the TV Shows menu option, and the sub menu in progress TV shows, do you get the same thing as Estuary? If not, then I will look at the difference between the playlists/nodes that the skins are using. I will not be able to do that until after next Tuesday, as I will not have access to my development environment until then.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
Main HTPC: Intel Core i7, 32GB, nVidia GTX1080, Windows 11 Soundbar: Samsung HW-Q950A TV: LG CX Kodi: 19.3 Skin: Amber
@billyrene, I will fix the menu bar issue next week when I get back to my development environment. Thanks for bringing this up.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
Hi,

just changed shelf setting to In Progress TV Shows and it is blank - tried reload skin and shutdown/restart.

(2021-12-05, 13:16)fsurfer Wrote: I wonder @shedrock do you have same problem?
I don't seem to have this problem.

• 263(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus5