• 264(current)
Release Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus
Thanks, it has to be the way I install Amber updates - a service/helper isn't running
(2021-12-06, 08:22)fsurfer Wrote: Thanks, it has to be the way I install Amber updates - a service/helper isn't running

@fsurfer , it seems to be something in your system.  I checked the playlist that Amber uses for in-progress tv shows against the video node that Estuary uses, and they produce the same results for me.  Just to be on the safe side, I changed the code in Amber to use the same video node as Estuary for the In Progress TV Shows shelf.  That change is already on GitHub (Matrix only).

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
Main HTPC: Intel Core i7, 32GB, nVidia GTX1080, Windows 11 Soundbar: Samsung HW-Q950A TV: LG CX Kodi: 19.3 Skin: Amber
(2021-12-03, 09:31)billyrene Wrote: i also noticed something else. when i have the player on in the background and go to the main menu and bring up a shelf the main menu bar moves all the way to the bottom. i put two images next to each other so you understand what i mean

@billyrene , I just fixed this on GitHub.  Please test and let me know if it is indeed fixed.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
Main HTPC: Intel Core i7, 32GB, nVidia GTX1080, Windows 11 Soundbar: Samsung HW-Q950A TV: LG CX Kodi: 19.3 Skin: Amber
(2021-12-08, 15:30)bsoriano Wrote:
(2021-12-06, 08:22)fsurfer Wrote: Thanks, it has to be the way I install Amber updates - a service/helper isn't running

@fsurfer , it seems to be something in your system.  I checked the playlist that Amber uses for in-progress tv shows against the video node that Estuary uses, and they produce the same results for me.  Just to be on the safe side, I changed the code in Amber to use the same video node as Estuary for the In Progress TV Shows shelf.  That change is already on GitHub (Matrix only).

Regards,

Bart
Hi,

how do I update? As I do not wish to go back to a fresh install each time I download from Github
(2021-12-08, 21:12)fsurfer Wrote: how do I update? As I do not wish to go back to a fresh install each time I download from Github

@fsurfer , you can update in one of two ways.  For both, first follow these steps:

a. Download the zip file from GitHub.
b. Open the downloaded zip file, and remove the "-master" from the end of the folder name inside the zip file. Press Enter so that all of the files inside the zip file are updated with the new folder name.  So, instead of "skin.amber-master", the folder inside the zip file should be "skin.amber".

Then, you can either:

1. Unzip the contents of the file to your <userdata>\addons\ folder, which should overwrite you current skin.amber folder.  Please ensure that you select Yes when asked to overwrite the files.  

Or

2. Close the zip file, start Kodi, go to Addons, Add-on Browser, Install from Zip file.  Browse to where you downloaded the zip file from GitHub, and select the zip file.  This should update Amber, even if you do not see that the version number is different.

Please let me know how it goes.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
(2021-12-08, 21:26)bsoriano Wrote:
(2021-12-08, 21:12)fsurfer Wrote: how do I update? As I do not wish to go back to a fresh install each time I download from Github

@fsurfer , you can update in one of two ways.  For both, first follow these steps:

a. Download the zip file from GitHub.
b. Open the downloaded zip file, and remove the "-master" from the end of the folder name inside the zip file. Press Enter so that all of the files inside the zip file are updated with the new folder name.  So, instead of "skin.amber-master", the folder inside the zip file should be "skin.amber".

Then, you can either:

1. Unzip the contents of the file to your <userdata>\addons\ folder, which should overwrite you current skin.amber folder.  Please ensure that you select Yes when asked to overwrite the files.  

Or

2. Close the zip file, start Kodi, go to Addons, Add-on Browser, Install from Zip file.  Browse to where you downloaded the zip file from GitHub, and select the zip file.  This should update Amber, even if you do not see that the version number is different.

Please let me know how it goes.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

Oh wow, I do it a little differently. But I'm gonna try this way next time. Thanks for these instructions
Hey Bart, noticed an issue with Enable bottom shortcuts on, and show two shelves together. When the menu drops down when focusing the widgets, the submenu does not drop down also and stays up in the original position covering the widget area, look at this pic...https://ibb.co/H7ffJK3
@jdig4240, is this with bottom shortcuts on or off? I couldn't see the picture you mentioned, it seems the URL is invalid. Could you please post another one? Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
Edited post...With bottom shortcuts on, and enable two shelves together.   https://ibb.co/H7ffJK3

The example pic i posted is with a fresh install of the latest Amber and enabled bottom shortcuts, added a weather weather widget to settings menu, turned on show two shelves together..  https://ibb.co/qCdzHFC
Or

Oh wow, this is definitely a lot faster than the way I was doing till now! Awesome.
I'd delete everything within the skin.master folder, then copy n paste everything from the new one.
But this way is way faster, I just change the name to skin.master, then install it. And done. Was a lot faster this way..

Btw Bart, I've been checking every post here to see if anything happened yet with the recordings list being set by the new media views.. any progress on that? Or did you not get around to that yet?
(2021-12-10, 13:58)Joeyrub Wrote: Btw Bart, I've been checking every post here to see if anything happened yet with the recordings list being set by the new media views.. any progress on that? Or did you not get around to that yet?

@Joeyrub , sorry I have not gotten around to that yet.  

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
(2021-12-10, 12:48)jdig4240 Wrote: Edited post...With bottom shortcuts on, and enable two shelves together.   https://ibb.co/H7ffJK3

The example pic i posted is with a fresh install of the latest Amber and enabled bottom shortcuts, added a weather weather widget to settings menu, turned on show two shelves together..  https://ibb.co/qCdzHFC

@jdig4240, I cannot replicate this issue:

Please make sure that you are using the latest from GitHub (Matrix).  The other branches (Leia and Nexus) do not have all of the latest changes.  If you are still experiencing this, please remove the "script-skinshortcuts-includes.xml" file from the skin's 1080i folder, and restart Kodi.  Please let me know how it goes.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
(2021-12-10, 18:27)bsoriano Wrote:
(2021-12-10, 13:58)Joeyrub Wrote: Btw Bart, I've been checking every post here to see if anything happened yet with the recordings list being set by the new media views.. any progress on that? Or did you not get around to that yet?

@Joeyrub , sorry I have not gotten around to that yet.  

Regards,

Bart

No biggy..

Bart? Maybe you can help me with this little issue? On any menu item where I have shelves assigned, there is this grey Sami transparent like folder icon at the top left of the screen. And it kinda blocks info. Like in the weather section, the temp numbers are blocked, etc etc.
I took a couple of photos of it....
Is there a way to remove that somehow? I couldn't find it in the settings...
Or at least it's there a way to have the weather numbers show lower on the screen? Is there a setting controlling that?
Thanks

(2021-12-10, 18:31)bsoriano Wrote:
(2021-12-10, 12:48)jdig4240 Wrote: Edited post...With bottom shortcuts on, and enable two shelves together.   https://ibb.co/H7ffJK3

Please make sure that you are using the latest from GitHub (Matrix).  The other branches (Leia and Nexus) do not have all of the latest changes.  If you are still experiencing this, please remove the "script-skinshortcuts-includes.xml" file from the skin's 1080i folder, and restart Kodi.  Please let me know how it goes.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Ok, it seems its when I have Enable bottom shortcuts, Show two shelves together, and Show information enabled is when it does this. I have the latest from github. Nothing else installed except Skin shortcuts 1.15, and Multiweather. 
***Actually it seems the issue comes down to only when Show Information on shelves is enabled.
(2021-12-10, 19:47)jdig4240 Wrote:
(2021-12-10, 18:31)bsoriano Wrote:

Regards,

Bart
Ok, it seems its when I have Enable bottom shortcuts, Show two shelves together, and Show information enabled is when it does this. I have the latest from github. Nothing else installed except Skin shortcuts 1.15, and Multiweather. 
***Actually it seems the issue comes down to only when Show Information on shelves is enabled.
Ok, now im not sure exactly what setting is causing it, no other skin settings were changed besides enable bottom shortcuts, add a second widget daily weather, and toggling the Show information, and show two shelves together options. heres a video of whats happening...    https://vimeo.com/655440551
  • 264(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus5