• 277(current)
Release Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus
(2022-01-14, 15:47)robertlaing Wrote: Give it a try and hopefully you will find the same problem.

@robertlaing , thanks for the detailed steps.  It looks as if you have Global Search enabled.  The issue seems to be with the Global Search addon.  This is something that should be reported in the thread for that addon, as it does not appear to be a skin problem.  The thread for that addon is: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=109301.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
Main HTPC: Intel Core i7, 32GB, nVidia GTX1080, Windows 11 Soundbar: Samsung HW-Q950A TV: LG CX Kodi: 19.3 Skin: Amber
@robertlaing , I have been thinking about your requests to go back to where you were when you leave the home window.  I think I have figured out a way, the changes are already on GitHub.  There is a new setting that you can enable here:

When you set that to Yes, Amber will remember where you were in the Home menu (shelves, main menu, sub menu), and will return to that control when you go back to the home window.  If this setting is set to No (the default), then Amber will return to the main menu when you return to the home window.

At Kodi startup this remembered focused control is reset, and Amber will start in the main menu, in the item that you have specified as the default (if you have that enabled).

With the new setting, if you are on a music shelf, and go into an album, let's say, when you go back to the home window, you should be right at the shelf item that you were before.

Please test and let me know if this is what you were looking for.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
Main HTPC: Intel Core i7, 32GB, nVidia GTX1080, Windows 11 Soundbar: Samsung HW-Q950A TV: LG CX Kodi: 19.3 Skin: Amber
(2022-01-14, 23:02)bsoriano Wrote: With the new setting, if you are on a music shelf, and go into an album, let's say, when you go back to the home window, you should be right at the shelf item that you were before.
This is an awesome feature. I didn't even think this was possible, or else I would have requested this a long time ago. Big Grin

Thank you Bart. Hope to see it soon on Amber Leia.

Shedrock
so i updated again today and the same problem with the embuary helper popup is happening again when pulling up the info on movies tvshows.

we wrote forth and back about a month ago and you had it fixed then.
Linux Elementary, Kodi 19.4, Lastest Amber Skin
Android TV 11, Kodi 20.2, Latest Amber Skin
Hi Bart,

What can I say? I am really impressed with what you have done, so thank you very much indeed.

The new focused control option is brilliant, it makes such a difference.

Thanks for the advice regarding Global Search. I have now disabled that, and have been testing using your search.
I have to say that your search looks much better than the Global Search!
There is only one thing I have noticed, and I wonder if you were able to look into it?

So, when I bring back the search results, I have noticed that for artists, albums, and songs I am able to click into each result and have a look at the information and when I press return, I return to the item in question, which allows me to continue browsing the search results.

However, whilst in the search results, should I press for information on a movie, a tv show, or a tv episode, when I return out of the information page I return to the main menu title "SEARCH". This means I cannot keep browsing the search results other than re-entering the search word in a new search box.

Is there any way that you could allow going into the information page for a movie, tv show and tv episode and then being able to return to that item in the search results?

Also would it be possible to allow a back track of search movements, for example:

If I click into a movie's information page and decide to look at an actor in that page, a list of movies they have appeared in will come up. Then if I decide to click into one of those movies to see the information on that movie, it obviously brings up thate new movie's information page.

Would it be possible to allow the back track of my movements? So everytime I press return I would return to the previous page I was on?

Hoping that makes sense!

Once again, much appeciation for your work, thank you.

Kind regards,
Robert.
@robertlaing, thanks for your kind words. I will look into going back to the search results from a video information. I have experimented in the past and could not get reliable results.

As to having a back track capability, unfortunately this, as far as I know, is not possible without addons. If you only do online searches, then Amber will be able to back track properly, since it uses tmdb helper for it. You can do online searches from the video info dialog. Tmdb helper only works for video (movies/tv shows/episodes/people), since that is the info that is available on tmdb.

The search main menu item only does local searches. 

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
@shedrock, you are very welcome! I will add that to Leia over the weekend.

Regards,

Bart

EDIT: @shedrock , the changes are already on GitHub for Leia.  Please test and let me know.  Thanks.
Amber Maintainer
(2022-01-15, 12:40)billyrene Wrote: so i updated again today and the same problem with the embuary helper popup is happening again when pulling up the info on movies tvshows.

we wrote forth and back about a month ago and you had it fixed then.

@billyrene , is this Matrix or Leia?

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
this is on matrix. i had the helper installed but not anymore. that seemed to be the issue
Linux Elementary, Kodi 19.4, Lastest Amber Skin
Android TV 11, Kodi 20.2, Latest Amber Skin
Hi Bart,

Thanks for looking at going back to the search results from a video information.
Hopefully you can figure something out!
Thanks for all your time spent on this Bart, it is much appreciated.

I wonder if you could also have a quick look at this:

When I am in the music player, I have noticed that where you have the kbps for a song in the OSD there is only room for a 3 figure kbps info. I have some songs which are over 999 kbps, and it doesn't fit in properly. Is there anyway you could increase the space allowed for this media flag so that a reading of 1000 kbps would fit in fully?

Still on the subject of the kbps, would it please be possible to add this to the info shown when in a song list (such as an album)? You already have 2 media flags in there, so could the kbps be added to the left of these so it appears as it does in the music player?

Leading on from this, would it be possible please to add all the three media flags to the bottom left area whilst in a playlist (such a party mode)?

Thanks so much in advance for your time.

Kind regards,
Robert.
Hello,

First, thanks for this great skin. Great job !

I have an issue on Amber 3.6.1 on kodi nexus. When i install Amber 3.6.1 from nexus repository, all sections (movies, tv show, apps) are empty. I can only see backgrounds with orange bubles.
If i install Amber from Amber matrix repository, the version is 3.4.32 and all is working fine.
If i install Amber from Kodi official repository, the version is 3.4.11 and all is working fine.

I am on Kodinerds kodinerds-20220114-6fb0b589-master-ATV-155-arm64-v8a.

Do you have an idea of how to have a functional 3.6.1 amber nexus version ?
Thanks.

P.S. : I wil try to post a log this evening.
Hi Bart

Made a fresh kodi install and when I go to movie sets screen I get skin info service error, so wonder is it still any good to have that script installed?
(2022-01-16, 14:03)robertlaing Wrote: Thanks for looking at going back to the search results from a video information.
Hopefully you can figure something out!
Thanks for all your time spent on this Bart, it is much appreciated.

@robertlaing , could you please test the latest from GitHub? I made some changes that help with this issue.  This is what you should see now:

1. When you click on a movie/tv show/episode in the search window (not Global Search addon), the default now is to show info.  So, let's say, you click on a movie.  You will get the info dialog for that movie.
2. If you do not do any other local or online search from the info dialog, when you press Back, you will be back to the search results window. 
3. If you do another general local search from the info dialog (actor, director, writer), you lose the previous search results window, and now you will get a new search results window for the term you are searching for.  This is, to my knowledge, unavoidable, since I can only have one of those custom windows open at a time.  You might have to press Back in order to get the new search results window.
4. If you do another specific local search from the info dialog (country, studio, genre), you will get a search window for that specific term (you might have to press Back in order for the search results window to show), and when you press Back from that search window, you will go back to the original seach results window that you had.  This is possible because the specific search window is a different window thatn the general search window.
5. If you do any online search from any of the info dialogs, all dialogs will be closed, so you will not be able to go back to the original search results window.  I cannot change this behavior.

This is by no means foolproof and I am sure I am not covering all possible scenarios.  It does, however, come a little closer to what you were looking for.  Please test thoroughly and let me know if you prefer this behavior to the previous one.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
(2022-01-16, 16:14)G0mez Wrote: Hi Bart

Made a fresh kodi install and when I go to movie sets screen I get skin info service error, so wonder is it still any good to have that script installed?

@G0mez , skin info service is working fine for me in Kodi Matrix 19.3 under Windows.  I am using version 1.1.2 of the script.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
(2022-01-16, 16:00)pit34 Wrote: Hello,

First, thanks for this great skin. Great job !

I have an issue on Amber 3.6.1 on kodi nexus. When i install Amber 3.6.1 from nexus repository, all sections (movies, tv show, apps) are empty. I can only see backgrounds with orange bubles.
If i install Amber from Amber matrix repository, the version is 3.4.32 and all is working fine.
If i install Amber from Kodi official repository, the version is 3.4.11 and all is working fine.

I am on Kodinerds kodinerds-20220114-6fb0b589-master-ATV-155-arm64-v8a.

Do you have an idea of how to have a functional 3.6.1 amber nexus version ?
Thanks.

@pit34,

Thank you for your kind words.  You are correct, there was an issue with 3.6.1, a file was missing.  I have fixed this in version 3.6.2, which is already on the Amber repo for Nexus.  Please test and let me know if indeed the issue is fixed.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
  • 277(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus5