• 279(current)
Release Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus
(2022-01-17, 20:58)bsoriano Wrote:
(2022-01-17, 17:44)G0mez Wrote: I'm using 1.1.2 aswell on Kodi 19.3
Wonder what could be causing it for me. Was getting that error before I factory reset my shield tv aswell. Here https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=203196&page=6 seems to be some discussion but wonder if anyone is maintaining it anymore :/

Here is log incase you wanna take a look: ekupamanad (paste)

I will look into providing as much as possible of the sets information without addons.  I will also look into providing the information via tmdb helper, which is actively maintained.  No ETA, though.

Regards,

Bart

Alrighty, thank you for info Cool
Hi @bsoriano,

I updated Amber to version 3.2.152.

Did you receive my PM this weekend to report some display problems in some PVR views ?

I also added French translations in Weblate. Do you know when they will be available ? Should we wait for the next Amber update ?

Thanks in advance.
Hi Bart,

Hope you are well, thanks for your continuing hard work.

I have found something else which I would like to ask you about to see what you think.

In the music, when I go into an album and stay on the album list, these are the steps I follow to use the music player:

1. Play a song.
2. Press left to bring up an overlay menu.
3. Go to player.
4. When in player all I need to do to return to the album list is press return.

However, should I go into a playlist (such as party mode), this is what I need to do to acheive the same as above:

1. A song plays.
2. I press return and return to the main menu with the song playing.
3. Press return to get into the player.
**If I press return again I end back up in the main menu with the song playing as in step 2 above, then another press of return brings me to step 3 and this obviously carries on in this way.**
4. Press ok to get up the osd.
5. Press the cog wheels to bring up the box with the option to return to the playlist in it.
6. Press this option to return to the playlist.

Now, I wonder what you think about regarding making changes to the playlist to make it easier to use and to be more consistent with the way the album list performs?

I thought about this idea:

When in playlist (such as party mode), could you possibly put a go to player option on the right hand side of the playlist underneath where the (greyed out in party mode) options Shuffle, Save, Clear, Repeat are situated?
Then it would just be a case of when in a playlist, press right, and because in a playlist the options Shuffle, Save, Clear, Repeat are greyed out, the cursor would land automatically on Player to press to go straight to the player.

Then would it be possible whilst in the player to press return and return straight to the playlist (such as party mode)?

These steps would then image the steps taken whilst in an album list.
The only difference would be the pressing to the right rather than the left to begin the process.

Another thought I had was how about adding some song function buttons to these album list and playlist menus whilst a song is playing?
So such as stop, fast forward, etc. That way a song could be stopped in a playlist by simply pressing right to get onto the menu and pressing stop.

I have had a look on the estuary skin, and whilst in an album list or a playlist the process is the same, ie: press left, the overlay menu appears and then you choose player to get to the player, and return to return to the album or play list. I thought seeing as you already had the space on the left hand side of the playlist under the options Shuffle, Save, Clear, Repeat, that this would be a good place to add extra options.
It would look really neat too.

Let me know what you think Bart, I would appreciate your thoughts on this.

Kind regards,
Robert.
Hi Robert,

are you aware of the Kodi controls?  Kodi Keyboard controls
(2022-01-18, 16:18)fsurfer Wrote: Hi Robert,

are you aware of the Kodi controls?  Kodi Keyboard controls

Hi fsurfer,

I don't use Kodi in Windows, I have an nVidia Shield.

Kind regards,
Robert.
(2022-01-18, 12:53)Cyberdom Wrote: Did you receive my PM this weekend to report some display problems in some PVR views ?

I also added French translations in Weblate. Do you know when they will be available ? Should we wait for the next Amber update ?

@Cyberdom , I did receive your PM, thanks.  I just have not gotten around to looking into those issues.

As for the translations, sometime they take a few days for me to get them from Weblate, but yes, they should be available in the next Amber version in the repository.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
Main HTPC: Intel Core i7, 32GB, nVidia GTX1080, Windows 11 Soundbar: Samsung HW-Q950A TV: LG CX Kodi: 19.3 Skin: Amber
(2022-01-18, 18:02)bsoriano Wrote:
(2022-01-18, 12:53)Cyberdom Wrote: Did you receive my PM this weekend to report some display problems in some PVR views ?

@Cyberdom , I did receive your PM, thanks.  I just have not gotten around to looking into those issues.

As for the translations, sometime they take a few days for me to get them from Weblate, but yes, they should be available in the next Amber version in the repository.

Regards,

Bart
Thank you @bsoriano for confirmation.
(2022-01-17, 23:06)fsurfer Wrote: would it be possible to add a Next Episode window as shown in picture and instead of clicking a tab, moving the cursor over the tabs reveals the window.

Best way to illustrate is if you open a movie / tv show in Netflix, move the cursor over the episodes or next episode tabs and a window appears

@fsurfer , I am not sure if this is possible with the Kodi skinning engine.  I will research and let you know.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
Main HTPC: Intel Core i7, 32GB, nVidia GTX1080, Windows 11 Soundbar: Samsung HW-Q950A TV: LG CX Kodi: 19.3 Skin: Amber
(2022-01-18, 00:03)robertlaing Wrote: When I am in the music player, I have noticed that where you have the kbps for a song in the OSD there is only room for a 3 figure kbps info. I have some songs which are over 999 kbps, and it doesn't fit in properly. Is there anyway you could increase the space allowed for this media flag so that a reading of 1000 kbps would fit in fully instead of scrolling?

Still on the subject of the kbps, would it please be possible to add this to the info shown when in a song list (such as an album)? You already have 2 media flags in there, so could the kbps be added to the left of these so it appears as it does in the music player?

Leading on from this, would it be possible please to add all the three media flags to the bottom left area whilst in a playlist (such a party mode)?

@robertlaing, I did see this before, but I need to focus on one issue at a time, so I have not gotten to this yet.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
(2022-01-18, 00:54)robertlaing Wrote: Regarding the director:

1. Bring up the search box from search in the main menu.

2. Type in an actor (for example, Bogart).

3. A list of movies Bogart has appeared in shows in the search results.

4. Click into a movie from these search results (for example, Casablanca).

5. The movie's information page shows (in this case Casablanca).

6. I click into the director that worked on Casablanca (for example Michael Curtiz the director).

7. I am thrown back out to the main menu and my cursor is on the SEARCH main title.

Regarding the writer:

2. Type in an actor (for example, Don Ameche).

3. A list of movies Doen Ameche has appeared in shows in the search results.

4. Click into a movie from these search results (for example, Heaven Can Wait).

5. The movie's information page shows (in this case Heaven Can Wait).

6. I click into the director that worked on Heaven Can Wait (for example Samson Raphaelson).

7. I am thrown back out to the main menu and my cursor is on the SEARCH main title.

(I have tested the country and studio in the above format and they both work fine.)

@robertlaing , thank you for the detailed steps.  Could you please try the latest from GitHub? I think I have fixed these issues.  The only caveat for the fix is that now, if you do a general search (director, writer, actor or crew member), and then do a single search (genre, country, studio, tag), you will not go back to the general search results window when you exit the single search results window.  I will not be changing this behavior at the moment.

Please test thoroughly and let me know what other issues you find, as there might be.  This is a complex (for me) area to work on, so some scenarios might have slipped through.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
(2022-01-18, 13:52)robertlaing Wrote: I have had a look on the estuary skin, and whilst in an album list or a playlist the process is the same, ie: press left, the overlay menu appears and then you choose player to get to the player, and return to return to the album or play list. I thought seeing as you already had the space on the left hand side of the playlist under the options Shuffle, Save, Clear, Repeat, that this would be a good place to add extra options.

@robertlaing , thanks! I will take a look at Estuary, and see how it is coded in that skin.  I am all for ease of use and consistency, so I will be working on this.  I will let you know what I come up with.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
(2022-01-19, 00:04)bsoriano Wrote:
(2022-01-17, 23:06)fsurfer Wrote: would it be possible to add a Next Episode window as shown in picture and instead of clicking a tab, moving the cursor over the tabs reveals the window.

Best way to illustrate is if you open a movie / tv show in Netflix, move the cursor over the episodes or next episode tabs and a window appears

@fsurfer , I am not sure if this is possible with the Kodi skinning engine.  I will research and let you know.

Regards,

Bart

Hi Bart,

sorry I work with Oracle, SEO and was curious, its not important

FS
(2022-01-19, 00:05)bsoriano Wrote:
(2022-01-18, 00:03)robertlaing Wrote: When I am in the music player, I have noticed that where you have the kbps for a song in the OSD there is only room for a 3 figure kbps info. I have some songs which are over 999 kbps, and it doesn't fit in properly. Is there anyway you could increase the space allowed for this media flag so that a reading of 1000 kbps would fit in fully instead of scrolling?

Still on the subject of the kbps, would it please be possible to add this to the info shown when in a song list (such as an album)? You already have 2 media flags in there, so could the kbps be added to the left of these so it appears as it does in the music player?

Leading on from this, would it be possible please to add all the three media flags to the bottom left area whilst in a playlist (such a party mode)?

@robertlaing, I did see this before, but I need to focus on one issue at a time, so I have not gotten to this yet.

Regards,

Bart
Hi Bart,

No worries! I am certainly keeping you busy at the moment!
Your work is very much appreciated.

Kind regards,
Robert.
(2022-01-19, 00:09)bsoriano Wrote:
(2022-01-18, 00:54)robertlaing Wrote: Regarding the director:

2. Type in an actor (for example, Bogart).

3. A list of movies Bogart has appeared in shows in the search results.

4. Click into a movie from these search results (for example, Casablanca).

5. The movie's information page shows (in this case Casablanca).

6. I click into the director that worked on Casablanca (for example Michael Curtiz the director).

Regarding the writer:

2. Type in an actor (for example, Don Ameche).

3. A list of movies Doen Ameche has appeared in shows in the search results.

4. Click into a movie from these search results (for example, Heaven Can Wait).

5. The movie's information page shows (in this case Heaven Can Wait).

6. I click into the director that worked on Heaven Can Wait (for example Samson Raphaelson).

(I have tested the country and studio in the above format and they both work fine.)

@robertlaing , thank you for the detailed steps.  Could you please try the latest from GitHub? I think I have fixed these issues.  The only caveat for the fix is that now, if you do a general search (director, writer, actor or crew member), and then do a single search (genre, country, studio, tag), you will not go back to the general search results window when you exit the single search results window.  I will not be changing this behavior at the moment.

Please test thoroughly and let me know what other issues you find, as there might be.  This is a complex (for me) area to work on, so some scenarios might have slipped through.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Hi Bart,

Thank you so much for sorting this out, I can imagine the complexity of it all!

I have had a really good test of this, and all I can find that needs pointing out is the following:

When in a movie info page, if I go to choose to click on the director or writer where more than one person exists in that category, nothing happens.

However, I then decided to put a writer's name into the search box where I knew they shared the credits with another writer. For example I entered Billy Wilder, and it brought up all the films he had directed and wrote, including those where he shared the writing credits with. One example being Sabrina where Billy Wilder shared the wriring credits with Samuel A. Taylor and Ernest Lehman. So that works great when you use the search box to look at directors and writers.

However, say if I access the movie information page for Sabrina from my main movie list, then go to click on writers, nothing happens at all.

I have looked at Estuary, and in there when there is more than one director or writer in that category, it then brings up a box to ask you which name you wish to search for. Is this something you could do?

Thanks once again for all your help Bart.

Kind regards,
Robert.
(2022-01-19, 00:11)bsoriano Wrote:
(2022-01-18, 13:52)robertlaing Wrote: I have had a look on the estuary skin, and whilst in an album list or a playlist the process is the same, ie: press left, the overlay menu appears and then you choose player to get to the player, and return to return to the album or play list. I thought seeing as you already had the space on the left hand side of the playlist under the options Shuffle, Save, Clear, Repeat, that this would be a good place to add extra options.

@robertlaing , thanks! I will take a look at Estuary, and see how it is coded in that skin.  I am all for ease of use and consistency, so I will be working on this.  I will let you know what I come up with.

Regards,

Bart

Hi Bart,

Thanks! Looking forward to seeing what you come up with!

Kind regards,
Robert.
  • 279(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus5