• 285(current)
Release Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus
Hi Bart,

I have noticed a few things in the music osd.

The first concerns the playlist icon.
When I have the settings for the highlighted osd in the format where a yellow square cursor shows over each icon, the yellow square cursor does not appear over the playlist icon, instead it turns the playlist icon yellow itself.
As well as this, the playlist icon in this format of highlighted osd is a different icon to the one in the format where the cursor turns all the icons yellow without the yellow square showing.
I assume the playlist icon (the one that shows the arrow) is the correct one, so this needs changing.

Also, the lyrics icon in both highlighting formats are different. (Again, the correct one (the speech bubble) is the one where the highlighting shows the icons in yellow.)

In the compact osd, I have also noticed that only 2 icons can show on the right hand side, and scrolling is needed to see the others. Is there any way you could put all icons on in this view?
I notice that in the ultra compact all 4 icons show together.

Also, whilst still discussing the ultra compact osd, I can see that the play, fast forward etc icons on the bottom do not fit fully on.
Is there any way these could be given a little bit more room so no scrolling is needed?

Also in the ultra compact osd, is the seek bar meant to be at the top, as I have it to set to show in the bottom in the settings.

Kind regards,
Robert.
(2022-01-29, 01:36)robertlaing Wrote: The first concerns the playlist icon.
When I have the settings for the highlighted osd in the format where a yellow square cursor shows over each icon, the yellow square cursor does not appear over the playlist icon, instead it turns the playlist icon yellow itself.
As well as this, the playlist icon in this format of highlighted osd is a different icon to the one in the format where the cursor turns all the icons yellow without the yellow square showing.
I assume the playlist icon (the one that shows the arrow) is the correct one, so this needs changing.

Also, the lyrics icon in both highlighting formats are different. (Again, the correct one (the speech bubble) is the one where the highlighting shows the icons in yellow.)

In the compact osd, I have also noticed that only 2 icons can show on the right hand side, and scrolling is needed to see the others. Is there any way you could put all icons on in this view?

Also, whilst still discussing the ultra compact osd, I can see that the play, fast forward etc icons on the bottom do not fit fully on.
Is there any way these could be given a little bit more room so no scrolling is needed?

@robertlaing , please provide screenshots of the issues that you are mentioning so I can see exactly what you mean.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
Main HTPC: Intel Core i7, 32GB, nVidia GTX1080, Windows 11 Soundbar: Samsung HW-Q950A TV: LG CX Kodi: 19.3 Skin: Amber
Hey, Bart.  Just wanted to ask about git updates.  When you make a Matrix update, is that also uploaded to the Nexus branch?  Also, kind of a dumb request.  In music list views, would it be possible to have the artist's name on the right be an on/off toggle.  If I'm looking at an album, I know who the artist or album artist is.  Thanks.
YOYIZDERZOMENEMOHOZEZAZEZDENDERIZHOZEZ
(2022-01-29, 17:05)bobrap Wrote: Hey, Bart.  Just wanted to ask about git updates.  When you make a Matrix update, is that also uploaded to the Nexus branch?  Also, kind of a dumb request.  In music list views, would it be possible to have the artist's name on the right be an on/off toggle.  If I'm looking at an album, I know who the artist or album artist is.  Thanks.

@bobrap , I have not been updating the Nexus branch with the Matrix updates.  And for the second label in list views, you can turn it off by going to Settings, Amber Settings, Media Views, List Views Options, and setting "Hide Second Label in List Views" to Yes:

With that, you should not see the label on the right in list views.  Please note that this affects ALL list views, not only music.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
Main HTPC: Intel Core i7, 32GB, nVidia GTX1080, Windows 11 Soundbar: Samsung HW-Q950A TV: LG CX Kodi: 19.3 Skin: Amber
Outstanding.  Always wondered what that setting was for Huh .  May I ask how often you update Nexus?  I'd like to play a bit, but not if Amber won't work correctly.  BTW, your work is greatly appreciated by me and others!  Thank you.
Hi Bart,

Unfortunately I have had to take my nVidia Shield back to basics and reinstall Kodi, and leave it with the default Estuary skin for the time being.
Amber is a brilliant skin, and far superior to Estuary, but Amber has been getting slower and slower with load times as I have previously mentioned.
I have also had problems when trying to do two things at the same time, for example, when playing music and scanning movies at the same time the music became jumpy.

Today I installed Kodi onto Windows and installed the Amber skin, and it was brilliant!
No slow load times at all and wonderful smoothness of use.

The only thing I can think of is that the latest Android update has caused some issues with my nVidia Shield.
I have kept up to date with the hot fixes, and will be continuing to do so, and every now and then I will try Amber out to see if anything has changed with the way the nVidia Shield handles your wonderful skin.
Then no doubt I will be back!!

Just out of interest, does anyone else have an nVidia Shield they are using with the Amber skin?
If so, then how is yours performing?

In the meantime, I will try to better explain about the osd icons, as I can't do screen shots as obviously I no longer have the Amber skin.

In the music osd there are icons for fast forward etc, and then there are icons for playlist, lyrics, etc.

There is an option in the skin settings to choose how you want to highlight these icons as you run the cursor over them in the music osd.

One highlighting option is where the cursor shows as a yellow block over the icons.

When in this option, I have noticed three things:

1. The cursor does not bring up a yellow square over the playlist icon as it does with all the others. Instead it changes the white playlist icon to yellow.
2. The playlist icon is the wrong one (if you change the highlighting setting so that when the cursor changes each icon to yellow as it runs over it, you will see the correct playlist icon (a list with an arrow on it)).
3. The Lyrics icon also needs changing (if you change the highlighting setting so that when the cursor changes each icon to yellow as it runs over it, you will see the correct lyrics icon (a speech bubble)).

Still concerning the music osd, when in the compact osd, only 2 icons (such as playlist, lyrics etc) can show on the right hand side of the osd, and scrolling is needed to see any others. Is there any way you could fit all the icons on in the compact osd? Just out of interest, in the ultra compact all 4 icons show together.

Also, now concerning the ultra compact music osd, I can see that the play, fast forward etc icons on the bottom do not fit fully on.

As ever, thank you very much for all your hard work Bart.

Kind regards,
Robert.
I have a Shield TV Pro 2019 and it works fine.  I tend to use windows more for Kodi and the Shield for any streaming.
(2022-01-29, 17:46)bobrap Wrote: I have a Shield TV Pro 2019 and it works fine.  I tend to use windows more for Kodi and the Shield for any streaming.
Hi bobrap,

Thanks for the reply.

Have you updated to Android 11?

Do you use Amber on your Shield?

Everything was great with mine until I did the update, so I can only conclude that's the issue!

Kind regards,
Robert.
(2022-01-29, 17:50)robertlaing Wrote:
(2022-01-29, 17:46)bobrap Wrote: I have a Shield TV Pro 2019 and it works fine.  I tend to use windows more for Kodi and the Shield for any streaming.
Hi bobrap,

Thanks for the reply.

Have you updated to Android 11?

Do you use Amber on your Shield?

Everything was great with mine until I did the update, so I can only conclude that's the issue!

Kind regards,
Robert.

Yes, to all.  The only problem I have is trying to read the shield from windows.
(2022-01-29, 01:36)robertlaing Wrote: I have noticed a few things in the music osd.

The first concerns the playlist icon.

Also in the ultra compact osd, is the seek bar meant to be at the top, as I have it to set to show in the bottom in the settings.

@robertlaing , I will not be changing the icons between the standard OSD buttons and the compact/alternate highlighting buttons.  

I have fixed the highlighting for the playlist button in the standard OSD, and also the other positioning/spacing issues that you mentioned.

Finally, yes, the seek bar will always be at the top with the ultra compact OSD.  I will not be chaning this, as it is how I prefer it.

The changes are already on GitHub.  Please test and let me know.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
Hi bobrap,

It's strange, as I have tried everything to get Amber to run fast and smooth since the update, but to no avail.

All I can do is wait and try Amber again after any more hot fixes.

Such a shame as I love the skin!

Kind regards,
Robert.
(2022-01-29, 17:38)robertlaing Wrote: The only thing I can think of is that the latest Android update has caused some issues with my nVidia Shield.
I have kept up to date with the hot fixes, and will be continuing to do so, and every now and then I will try Amber out to see if anything has changed with the way the nVidia Shield handles your wonderful skin.
Then no doubt I will be back!!

@robertlaing , I understand, and unfortunately I do not know how to help in this regard.  Hopefully nVidia will provide more fixes so that Android 11 will work really smoothly.  I just got an nVidia Shield 2019, so I will be able to test Amber on Android for myself finally.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
(2022-01-29, 17:27)bobrap Wrote: Outstanding.  Always wondered what that setting was for Huh .  May I ask how often you update Nexus?  I'd like to play a bit, but not if Amber won't work correctly.  BTW, your work is greatly appreciated by me and others!  Thank you.

@bobrap , probably by the end of next week I will update Nexus again with all of the changes I have done for Matrix.  I have not, since I wanted to finish first including all of the skinning changes there are for Nexus so far.  I just have not had the time to do so.  You can install Amber from the Amber Nexus repo, and it will work well with Nexus.  It just does not have the latest changes/fixes I have done for Matrix.  And thank you for your kind words! Smile

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
(2022-01-29, 18:07)bsoriano Wrote:
(2022-01-29, 17:27)bobrap Wrote: Outstanding.  Always wondered what that setting was for Huh .  May I ask how often you update Nexus?  I'd like to play a bit, but not if Amber won't work correctly.  BTW, your work is greatly appreciated by me and others!  Thank you.

@bobrap , probably by the end of next week I will update Nexus again with all of the changes I have done for Matrix.  I have not, since I wanted to finish first including all of the skinning changes there are for Nexus so far.  I just have not had the time to do so.  You can install Amber from the Amber Nexus repo, and it will work well with Nexus.  It just does not have the latest changes/fixes I have done for Matrix.  And thank you for your kind words! Smile

Regards,

Bart
Okay, that sounds great.  I will definitely give it a go.  Thanks again.
(2022-01-29, 18:04)bsoriano Wrote: @robertlaing , I understand, and unfortunately I do not know how to help in this regard.  Hopefully nVidia will provide more fixes so that Android 11 will work really smoothly.  I just got an nVidia Shield 2019, so I will be able to test Amber on Android for myself finally.

Regards,

Bart
Hi Bart,

Thanks for all your help so far, and I look forward to coming back on this thread once I get the shield sorted.
I have even done a factory reset this evening, and still no luck!
Will keep installing the hot fixes and keep my fingers crossed!

Good luck with your new shield, and let us know how Amber performs on it for you!

Kind regards,
robert.
  • 285(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus5