• 291(current)
Release Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus
(2022-04-08, 14:43)billyrene Wrote:
(2022-04-08, 07:40)billyrene Wrote:
(2022-04-07, 21:10)Joeyrub Wrote: Hey there.
Again I'm only answering as a user, I'm not a pro at this, and I'm myself kinda new to all this. But I have been using this skin for a while now. And I loved getting charges done here with Bart before. So now I'm just trying to help if I can, till he hopefully takes back control here later (hope he is well ..)

Your info issue question. I'm not sure. But under Amber settings; Media Views; the bottom option is, "Open ExtendedInfo for info Dialog" maybe set that to "YES" ?
hello and thanks for giving it a try but i have tried that setting already and that's not it

found it. looked through the videoOSD.xml and found you need to install "library data provider" and then you get an extra option in "full screen/OSD" where you can choose  "info button opens video info dialogue" Smile

Thanks for sharing the solution
Hello all,

First of all, Amber is not dead, and I am well.  Unfortunately, I have been dedicating most of my free time and energy to trying to find a new job, since my position is being eliminated as of April 30th.  It has been a difficult time for me, since it is tough trying to get a new job at my age and level.  Anyway, we press on, and I am open to that excellent opportunity that is just around the corner Smile

I will be looking at all of the posts I have not answered, and provide answers to all of those that do not have one.  Thanks to all of the users that have stepped up to answer questions, and for your kind words and concern during this time.

Best regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
Main HTPC: Intel Core i7, 32GB, nVidia GTX1080, Windows 11 Soundbar: Samsung HW-Q950A TV: LG CX Kodi: 19.3 Skin: Amber
(2022-03-07, 17:21)robertlaing Wrote: Hi Brad,

Hope you are keeping well.

Just wondered how you found Amber on the nVidia shield?
Did you find it slow to load the menus?

I have the latest hotfix for the shield, and was contemplating trying Amber once again to see how the load times fared, but wondered how you found them?

Kind regards,
Robert.

@robertlaing , unfortunately, I have not been able to test Amber on my Shield.  It is on my to-do.  Once I do, I will let you know how it went.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
Main HTPC: Intel Core i7, 32GB, nVidia GTX1080, Windows 11 Soundbar: Samsung HW-Q950A TV: LG CX Kodi: 19.3 Skin: Amber
(2022-03-11, 18:49)evangelion Wrote: Already found and enabled that option, doesn't work for movies and TV as you said.

I'm thinking there must be another option that needs toggling somewhere, otherwise the views/media play count function is redundant?

@evangelion , @G0mez , the option does work for movies and tv shows, as you can see here:

And the option to show this is where you both mentioned before.  Are you running Leia, Matrix or Nexus? The screenshots above are from Matrix, using the latest version from GitHub.  Can you please provide more information regarding your setup? Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
(2022-03-21, 06:09)dawsonjw Wrote: Hi
Just wondering if anyone knows how to get the cpu temperature to display on the System Information / Hardware page. Currently just shows as not available. I am running Kodi 19.4 under Win10.

Cheers

John

@dawsonjw , Amber displays what Kodi supplies for your system.  Does this work with any other skin? In my system in Windows the CPU temperature also shows as Not Available, even though my system does supply that info.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
(2022-03-21, 16:02)G0mez Wrote: Hi Bart

Hope everything is fine as it's been quiet here for quite some time now.

I just noticed issue on amber today. Background doesn't change anymore for shelve and library items. With little bit older build it keeps changing

And would have suggestion related to this subject; Music albums are showing static artist background so think it would be nice to have this feature on it aswell

@G0mez , there must be something in your system, since using the latest version from GitHub (Matrix), backgrounds change for me both in shelves and media views.  I will look into showing extra fanart for the album artist for the album shelves.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
(2022-04-07, 21:05)Joeyrub Wrote: Hmmmm. U know what.... I just tried all the settings for the list views. But you're right. There is no way to have it show which episodes are already watched. That is a big mistake! Hopefully Bart will see this.

@fora , @Joeyrub , you are both correct.  Amber was not displaying the watched overly for PVR recordings.  I just fixed this on GitHub (Matrix).  Please test and let me know if it is indeed fixed.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
@bsoriano - Hi Bart,

It is so great to hear from you. I am so sorry to hear about the job situation. I too know how difficult it is to find a new job as we get older, but God is faithful. I will keep you in my prayers. I am sure it will all work out for the best in the end. It always does.

Anyway, glad to know that Amber is not dead. I was just hoping it was not your health.

Regards,

Shedrock
(2022-04-10, 20:09)shedrock Wrote: It is so great to hear from you. I am so sorry to hear about the job situation. I too know how difficult it is to find a new job as we get older, but God is faithful. I will keep you in my prayers. I am sure it will all work out for the best in the end. It always does.

Anyway, glad to know that Amber is not dead. I was just hoping it was not your health.

Regards,

Shedrock

@shedrock , thank you! And, yes, God is faithful and I am a firm believer in the power of prayer.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
(2022-04-10, 18:27)bsoriano Wrote: I will look into showing extra fanart for the album artist for the album shelves.

@G0mez , I just added the ability to show artist extrafanart for music album shelves.  For this to work, the artist for the album needs to have extra fanart loaded into Kodi database.  You do not need to enable any new setting in the skin.  The changes are already on GitHub for both Matrix and Leia.  Please test and let me know if this is what you were looking for.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
(2022-04-10, 18:16)bsoriano Wrote:
(2022-03-21, 06:09)dawsonjw Wrote: Hi
Just wondering if anyone knows how to get the cpu temperature to display on the System Information / Hardware page. Currently just shows as not available. I am running Kodi 19.4 under Win10.

Cheers

John

@dawsonjw , Amber displays what Kodi supplies for your system.  Does this work with any other skin? In my system in Windows the CPU temperature also shows as Not Available, even though my system does supply that info.

Regards,

Bart

Hi Bart. There are a lot of us here that were quite concerned about you from a health perspective. So glad you are ok. New jobs are always an issue. I left mine after 26 years in one spot and went to something totally different. Maybe time for a sea change.

Thanks for the answer. I thought it might have something to do with having a specific addon loaded but maybe not

Thanks again

John
(2022-04-10, 18:54)bsoriano Wrote:
(2022-04-07, 21:05)Joeyrub Wrote: Hmmmm. U know what.... I just tried all the settings for the list views. But you're right. There is no way to have it show which episodes are already watched. That is a big mistake! Hopefully Bart will see this.

@fora , @Joeyrub , you are both correct.  Amber was not displaying the watched overly for PVR recordings.  I just fixed this on GitHub (Matrix).  Please test and let me know if it is indeed fixed.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

Excellent. I was going nuts trying to find the enable option

John
(2022-04-11, 00:30)dawsonjw Wrote:
(2022-04-10, 18:54)bsoriano Wrote:

Regards,

Bart

In regards to PVR recording listings.

Thanks for fixing that. I did notice that it doesn’t seem to obey the Marks & Overlays settings. I am not sure if it is supposed to or not. Currently it shows as watched or unwatched, there is also no progress indicator

Cheers

John
(2022-04-10, 17:43)bsoriano Wrote:
(2022-03-07, 17:21)robertlaing Wrote: Hi Brad,

Hope you are keeping well.

Just wondered how you found Amber on the nVidia shield?
Did you find it slow to load the menus?

I have the latest hotfix for the shield, and was contemplating trying Amber once again to see how the load times fared, but wondered how you found them?

Kind regards,
Robert.

@robertlaing , unfortunately, I have not been able to test Amber on my Shield.  It is on my to-do.  Once I do, I will let you know how it went.

Regards,

Bart

I'm using Amber (latest from GitHub) on a Shield 2017 (not updated) and on a Shield Pro 2019 (latest firmware), database local on both, NFS shares to my Synology NAS. Never experienced issues with slowness.

Hope this helps...
Nvidia Shield Pro, Kodi 21 Omega (RC-2), Arctic Zephyr Reloaded

(2022-04-10, 17:39)bsoriano Wrote: Hello all,

First of all, Amber is not dead, and I am well.  Unfortunately, I have been dedicating most of my free time and energy to trying to find a new job, since my position is being eliminated as of April 30th.  It has been a difficult time for me, since it is tough trying to get a new job at my age and level.  Anyway, we press on, and I am open to that excellent opportunity that is just around the corner Smile

I will be looking at all of the posts I have not answered, and provide answers to all of those that do not have one.  Thanks to all of the users that have stepped up to answer questions, and for your kind words and concern during this time.

Best regards,

Bart

Bart,

You got us worried... Laugh and good you still support Amber.

Sorry to hear about your real-life challenges, hope all works out for you and you are in calmer waters soon.

Take care!
Nvidia Shield Pro, Kodi 21 Omega (RC-2), Arctic Zephyr Reloaded

• 291(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus5