• 296(current)
Release Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus
This might be a stupid question as i am pretty new to Amber: Can i change the View Type while i am in the library? How??
(2022-09-14, 15:49)Drahy Wrote: This is the most functional skin which hides OSD finally thank you!

I have two question though:
1) How can I remove the large horrible icon when I press pause on the right? https://ibb.co/vX3yDHq

2) Is there a way how to just one-click to pause/play and not twice within the skin without remapping my remote control?

Thank you!

1) How can I remove the large horrible icon when I press pause on the right?
Thought this was controlled by the "hide fallback image if no thumb in OSD" setting (in skin settings - full screen/OSD). If it's not that one another option in that area might do the trick

2) Is there a way how to just one-click to pause/play and not twice within the skin without remapping my remote control?
I just press the play button while viewing media to pause, then again once to un-pause. Does this not work with your setup?
Nvidia Shield Pro, Kodi 21.0 Omega, Arctic Zephyr Reloaded

(2022-09-18, 18:17)Reelyator Wrote: This might be a stupid question as i am pretty new to Amber: Can i change the View Type while i am in the library? How??

If you press the left-arrow (or up-arrow in some views) you should get a menu where you can change the viewtype (and a few other things).
Nvidia Shield Pro, Kodi 21.0 Omega, Arctic Zephyr Reloaded

Where are the settings for the favorites? To change the their view?
How could I use a single image for all the backgrounds?
@bsoriano 

Not sure if you're still supporting the Leia version of this skin, but in the event you are:

is it possible to display the IMDB rating on the bottom of the "TV shows" page, similar to the way IMDB rating is displayed on the bottom of the "Movies" page?

I see the IMDB information when I access the "Information" tab on each TV show's context menu, but it doesn't get displayed in that bottom area next to the Title (Year) like it does on the "Movies" page.

If you're no longer supporting Leia, no worries, thank you for your service !
Hey Bart. So I really do love this skin, however I find it to lag quite a bit after adding widgets or even bottom shortcuts. Its OK on my higher end devices like my PC, but anything lower I do get a lot of lag after adding widgets, and also if I enable bottom shortcuts and make quite a few bottom shortcuts for each section I do start to notice lag just navigating the home screen.. Only way I get good performance is if I disable bottom shortcuts and disable widgets.  
Sooo, thats all fine because I really like this skin for all the other options it has, so I would like to make a request. I prefer speed and would like to use a simple main menu without widgets or bottom shortcuts. So I was wondering if it would be a possibility for you to add a feature. I would like to setup submenus as usual, since submenus dont tax any resources and no matter how many submenu items I have it doesnt slow anything down, so I was hoping it would be possible to have an option to make main menu items open the submenu as an action. I see its an option already to set a widget to show the submenu in widgets/common. I would like to be able to click a main menu item and have the action open the submenu in a window on the home screen that would show all of the items set in my submenu along with the icons set in the submenu. This way I can have a clean and fast home screen Do you think my request is a possibility? That would be a perfect setup for me. Thanks again Bart!!!
Is there a way, to hide the upper Menue bar? The one with the date+time information?
And another stupid question: How can i reach the Player GUI during Music playback?
Kodi 20.2 (for Windows) on Win11 HTPC
ZDMC 20.2 on Zidoo UHD3000
Dear Bart,
really nice Skin!! I love the Fanart View / Netflix Style but may i suggest some improvements:
1) For the area marked in green: Would it not make sense, to display the fanart of the selcted entry here instead of a random fanart?
2) marked in red: The titel information is doubled. I would suggest to use the area on the bottom, to display the media Info of the selected entry (Resolution, Audio Format...)

Kodi 20.2 (for Windows) on Win11 HTPC
ZDMC 20.2 on Zidoo UHD3000
I've been AWOL for a while and a forum search hasn't brought up anything recent, so apologies in advance if/because this is a stupid question. The last time I was doing Kodi updates Skin Shortcuts updated to 2.0 and caused a lot of havoc with Amber. Has this been resolved yet?
Windows 11 Pro, Kodi 20, AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, 32gb RAM, nVidia 3080 ti
RECORDING TICK MARKS are MISSING from tv EPG. I'm new here in this forum. Could anyone KINDLY advice, on HOW to BRING BACK the TICK MARKS ? Please refer to MY DETAILED PHOTO i have pasted here, for my problem.

Let me explain my problem:
In my previous AMBER 3.2, i used to have TICK MARKS, after i set a tv program to record. But AFTER i UPDATED to AMBER 3.4.31, the RECORD TICKS ARE MISSING. And so how to BRING BACK the TICK MARKS ?

My Device Specs = Raspberry Pi 4b (4gb), LibreELEC 10.0.3, TVHeadend Server, Amber 3.4.31 (Latest installed from Repository).

i use amber in french and i have a problem when i add a movie in the library ; i can't keep the name of the file, it's replaced by the title found by the library ; i have not this pb with estuary skin.....
Hi Bart,

the ability to change tint under Color Options has stopped and only change was update to Matrix 19.5.

I did a fresh install of Amber 3.4.32, I wonder has script.skin.helper.colorpicker changed in this update or is it something else, at a loss where to look or what info to provide

Here's the  Debug Log

Update: Tried different versions of Matrix - same outcome, Leia/Amber are working!

My only recourse was to do a fresh install to get things to work, a pain but it is what it is

Spoke too soon - crashed after I installed Youtube addon and colorpicker has stopped so unable to adjust tint

Log file
After installing 20 my subtitles colour changed back to white, it was previously yellow, and there appears to be no way to choose a colour now in this skin.

The only way I could fix this was to go back to Estuary where I could choose yellow again. Changing back to Amber appears to keep the change.
@bsoriano 

It has been about 6 months since we've heard from you. How are you doing?
I saw they released Nexus 20.0 recently, but I didn't see anything from you about the status of Amber and the new release.
Will Amber be compatible with the new release, still working on it, or will Matrix be the end for Amber?
  • 296(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus5