Editing or Deleting your own posts
Is it possible to edit or delete a thread post you made yourself? If so how?
~ Creator of none, hacker of some, jack of all traits, master of some...
~ YIRMASTER ~
Domaineer, Coldfusion Dev, Kodi customizer, Hedonist
You can edit once you have past time spent on forum and posts,

Deleting is only done by moderators
Server: Ubuntu Server 22TB HDD running SAMBA
Kodi: 4 Raspberry Pi 3 running Libreelec -  on the main PC - running Linux Mint
My Setup thread |
Once you have full privileges awarded you will be able to edit your own posts. You cannot delete posts here.

As you only joined yesterday, you have a little while to go before you can edit, amongst other things.

If you make a mistake just "Report" the post and we can remove it for you.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Is there a process for approval beyond posting a lot? I post infrequently, but joined May 2012. Seems like enough years have passed that I'd be allowed to correct my own grammar and spelling mistakes.
Current KODI box:  Corsair Spec-01, Gigabyte H67MA-D2H-B3, Intel Core i7-2600, Corsair H60 (2018) AIO Water Cooler, 16GB RAM, 120GB Samsung SSD 840 + 8TB Seagate ST8000VN22-2EL, GeForce GTX 970 Video Card, running Xubuntu 20.04 and connected to a Samsung LN40A330 TV.
(2020-11-24, 01:04)chaslinux Wrote: joined May 2012. Seems like enough years have passed that I'd be allowed to correct my own grammar and spelling mistakes.
You should be able to...

My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2020-11-24, 01:13)Karellen Wrote: You should be able to...

Thank you, I'm either brain-dead today, or just completely blind! (Or someone approved me)... probably the earlier!

Thanks!
Current KODI box:  Corsair Spec-01, Gigabyte H67MA-D2H-B3, Intel Core i7-2600, Corsair H60 (2018) AIO Water Cooler, 16GB RAM, 120GB Samsung SSD 840 + 8TB Seagate ST8000VN22-2EL, GeForce GTX 970 Video Card, running Xubuntu 20.04 and connected to a Samsung LN40A330 TV.
Would someone mind looking at my account. I can't edit either and I created my account in 2005.
Ugh, I meant to say 2015 ...see? Edit privileges would be nice
(2020-12-19, 08:58)theBorgMorgue Wrote: Would someone mind looking at my account. I can't edit either and I created my account in 2005.
You don't have enough posts for full privileges yet. Become a bit more active, help a few members and you will get there quickly enough.
My Signature
Thanks for letting me know. Just a bit of feedback here but the no editing policy seems bumb to me. By barring people from being able to correct silly mistakes we've created an incentive for empty/spammy posts. It seems unnecessary.
Ugh. I meant to say dumb, not bumb.
(2020-12-19, 12:21)theBorgMorgue Wrote: no editing policy seems bumb to me
Unfortunately it's the lesser of two evils.

Before we put this in place, we were getting far too many of the spambot posts, and there is no way with the size of this forum that we can police every since thread and every single historical post on them, even with the reporting help of the user-base.

And the required post count is not very high, so most users don't even notice that the mechanism is in place in the background.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Yeah fair enough. I'm impressed by the bots, so would they post something coherent and relevant (definitely not an ad) only edit the post some time later to something resembling an ad?
(2020-12-19, 14:11)theBorgMorgue Wrote: Yeah fair enough. I'm impressed by the bots, so would they post something coherent and relevant (definitely not an ad) only edit the post some time later to something resembling an ad?

Yup, they either post something generic and vanilla (but innocent enough to pass muster) or in some cases copy/paste parts of a pre-existing post either from here or elsewhere. Then later on come back and either fully replace the post with some spam-bomb, or insert either a blatant or hidden url link to their spam target.

And as you can imagine, trying to keep on top of that on a site like this one with its size and activity levels is not something we can do. Hence why the measure was put in place.

Not ideal by any means, but sadly necessary. If you want someone to moan at, aim it at those who run these crappy spam networks.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
I also don’t seem to be able to edit my posts to correct spelling errors, and after reading this thread I’d guess due to lack of posts also.
problem for me is either necro’ing something like I have here or leaving in spelling errors that make my post (that I want to edit) somewhat difficult to read/understand. Someone like me posts when they have to, with my ASD I can’t participate as much as might be preferred.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Editing or Deleting your own posts0