Android Plex addon
Hi good people.

After the update to 18.1. my Plex addon is having a bit of problems. Now and there, few times per minute, it kinda freezes a sec and then skips that second.

Is there something I can do? I never had any problems with 17.x version.
Thats a Plex issue for them to solve
Hi,

I realise that since v18 its been added subtitles settings apart audio settings in playback menu. 

plex addon can't access subtitle settings from playback bar only audio and video kodi settings.

Eminence theme there is not subtitle settings from playback bar too.

Any one have been noticed that? 

Thank you in advance
Mine can on my Pi (LE 9.0.1) using Amber skin.

That sounds more like a skin issue/decision than anything else perhaps?

Editted to add - just tried on my tablet (Android 7, Kodi 18.1 from Play Store) and subtitles are available fine from the settings button (3rd one in, with the 3 sliders on it) along with audio, quality and the two kodi video/audio settings options mentioned.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2019-03-25, 19:50)DarrenHill Wrote: Mine can on my Pi (LE 9.0.1) using Amber skin.

That sounds more like a skin issue/decision than anything else perhaps?

Editted to add - just tried on my tablet (Android 7, Kodi 18.1 from Play Store) and subtitles are available fine from the settings button (3rd one in, with the 3 sliders on it) along with audio, quality and the two kodi video/audio settings options mentioned.
Thank you for reply, but did you try from plex official addon? 
I try with default skin and works fine but plex addon does not show subtitle option from playback bar only audio and video
Yes, plex official addon in both cases. In my case using the Xonfluence skin on the Android tablet.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2019-03-26, 13:45)DarrenHill Wrote: Yes, plex official addon in both cases. In my case using the Xonfluence skin on the Android tablet.

Thank you very much,

its weird because I dont have this options If I try from plex addon directly I only have "kodi audio settings" and "kodi video settings"
Can you try switching temporarily to another skin? Just to confirm if it's a specific skin issue that would need resolution there?

Kodi Blog Posts
(2019-03-27, 11:00)DarrenHill Wrote: Can you try switching temporarily to another skin? Just to confirm if it's a specific skin issue that would need resolution there?

I think that is specific plex addon issue, I will upload captures. 

Using eminence theme If I play any content (out of plex addon) I have NOT subtitles options, its accesible pausing video and I have two options "audio settings" and "video settings"  NOT the new section from v18 "subtitle settings"
Using estuary default theme If I play any content (out of plex addon) I have subtitles options; its accesible pausing video and I have three options "audio settings" "video settings" and the new section from v18 "subtitle settings" where I can browse for any subtitle folders.
Using Plex Official addon I have NOT subtitle options. If I pause video I have settings icon and selecting this points me to plex specific options, "kodi audio settings" , "kodi video settings" but not the new  v18 "subtitle settings"

Sorry for my english its so bad, I try to explain myself best as I can.

Thank yoy very much in advance
I just tried the add-on on my android tablet under both Xonfluence and Eminence and had all options available under both.

There did look to be some other issues under Eminence with misaligned text Vs backgrounds, but it basically worked.

Might be worth trying to reinstall the add-on?

https://m.imgur.com/a/dduMo2n

Kodi Blog Posts
(2019-03-27, 21:14)DarrenHill Wrote: I just tried the add-on on my android tablet under both Xonfluence and Eminence and had all options available under both.

There did look to be some other issues under Eminence with misaligned text Vs backgrounds, but it basically worked.

Might be worth trying to reinstall the add-on?

https://m.imgur.com/a/dduMo2n
Thank you very much, your capture show plex audio, video and subtitles options (first 3 ones) but at the end you can see "kodi video settings" and "kodi audio settings" but not kodi subtitles settings, this is the missed option becuase kodi v18 have this option separated option and in version 17 was included in "kodi audio settings". You can see this new option from estuary theme when you play any content out of plex addon. For me is important acces to this option because allow to browse local folders and select subtitles that I download manually.

I hope an upgrade from plex to fix this soon.
Ah gotcha - you want local subtitles for plex on the device rather than subtitles provided from the plex server itself?

As you say that would be something that needs updating in the addon itself, as unlike most it basically uses it's own GUI interface anyway which hasn't kept up with the changes. Either that or temporarily move your subtitles onto your Plex server (I can confirm that works).

Kodi Blog Posts
(2019-03-28, 13:55)DarrenHill Wrote: Ah gotcha - you want local subtitles for plex on the device rather than subtitles provided from the plex server itself?

As you say that would be something that needs updating in the addon itself, as unlike most it basically uses it's own GUI interface anyway which hasn't kept up with the changes. Either that or temporarily move your subtitles onto your Plex server (I can confirm that works).

I hope the plex team updates the addon.
Is there any other secure way to stream files from remote ubuntu server?

I have tried adding the FTP, but my box can't connect to it somehow.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Plex addon0