Kodi Music + Emby?
So i am nearing the end of my trek with Picard Smile
I am ready to scan my music library into kod.
before i do, is there any reason/advantage to using emby with kodi or not?
I will not be using this out side my home/LAN.
I currently use emby for kodi for my video media and find it useful.

thank you
You have tagged everything nicely using Picard, the scrapers will pick up additional artist and album information and artwork, I don't see what Embly is needed for (although if others want to pile in and explain then that's fine too I always like to learn). All I will say is I have a lovely big music library and never used Embly.

Music is different to video, the embedded tags give Kodi everything it needs to build a library, whereas video is dependant on parsing names to work out what you've got and then all the data to build the library is fetched by scraping. That can go wrong, and if I understand Emby is a great at helping you sort out and mess-ups.

My recommendataion is scan your music  in and see what you get! In v18 it is OK to enable "Fetch additional information on update" (disabled by default), this will also set the scrapers going to fetch art. Otherwise just scan tags to create library, check that looks OK, and then do "query info for all" from context menu on album and artist nodes to pick up the art from remote sites.

A forum member all these years and only just trying music library, I hope you enjoy it Smile
sorry?
Not really. Might be faster to import via emby for kodi if your music library is already in Emby.

Using via Emby, means you can use any other Emby clients as well to play your content.

But otherwise, no real advantages.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Music + Emby?0