Can't access Windows share from FireStick. Inconsistent results. Corruption?
Hi! I hope this isn't a duplicate post. I did a search and could not find any similar questions on this Forum. Here is the problem that I'm having:

I have a PC (#1) in my office that I use as a media server. It has multiple hard drives and multiple shares. It has Windows 10.
I have a PC (#2) in my game room that I use to play my media. It is also Windows 10. It has Kodi Leia on it now but I only upgraded that in the last couple of days. Previously it had Krypton on it (for at least a year). This PC has NO trouble accessing the media on PC #1.
Recently I got a FireStick. I installed Kodi on it. The version of Kodi is Krypton. This instance of Kodi can access MOST of the media on PC #1. There is one particular directory (where I store my movie files) that Kodi has trouble accessing. This directory is at the root of the C: drive. This folder contains many subfolders. When I try to look at the directory from Kodi on the FireStick, sometimes it sees an empty directory, sometimes is sees two or three of the subdirectories. It's inconsistent. Rarely, it sees an actual file (i.e. when I do a scan, a random movie will appear) but most of the time doing a scan finds NOTHING.

I've checked and double checked and the permissions are the same for this directory as others that the FireStick accesses fine. I've created new shares off of the C: root and moved a few files from the suspect directory and they get found fine by the FireStick.

The only thing that I can think of is corruption in the database. I don't know how Kodi works when it reaches out to a remote directory to get it's contents. Is it possible that Kodi has a cached list for this particular directory and it is corrupted. Please note I'm not talking about the library (I've already tried deleting the library file and recreating it - that did not work). I'm talking about when you access the directory through what I would consider the Kodi file manager. 

Any help with this matter would be greatly appreciated as it has been driving me crazy for months.
I also should clarify. The FireStick is able to scan and index all other directories on PC #1. Only one directory has an issue but only from the FireStick - PC #2 has no problem with it.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can't access Windows share from FireStick. Inconsistent results. Corruption?0