Best Skin for larger fonts?
Hi, I've searched but only find people asking for bigger fonts on specific skins. I have a 65" 4K Ultra HDTV and I have to get up from the couch and walk to the tv to read the synopsis, episode title, etc. 

I'm using the Titan skin as it seems like the easiest to read to me, but I haven't tried them all. Could someone direct me as to which skin and view (Big List, Big List 2, Netflix, etc) will result in the biggest font?

Thanks for any direction you can give :-)
(2019-03-19, 20:15)connoch1 Wrote: I have a 65" 4K Ultra HDTV and I have to get up from the couch and walk to the tv to read the synopsis, episode title, etc. 
It does make me wonder... 65" is not the smallest of TVs. How many steps from your couch do you need to take before you reach your TV ? Eek

And sorry... I don't know of any Kodi skins that have (much) bigger than normal fonts for listings.
Hi, thanks for responding. The tv is mounted on the wall and it's about 13 feet from the couch. I usually have to at least get within 6 feet of it to read it. It may be the biggest available and I'll just have to deal with it, just thought I'd see if anyone knew of a better skin/view to use. I'm currently using Big List.
I CAN TELL YOU HOW TO GET BIG FONTS you need to edit home.xml
for each grouplist whit content you add a text lable after
<control type="group" id="5000">
     <visible>String.IsEqual(Container(9000).ListItem.Property(id),movies)</visible>
     <include content="Visible_Right_Delayed">
      <param name="id" value="movies"/>
     </include>
xml:

<control type="label">
       <top>0</top>
       <width>1200</width>
       <height>150</height>
       <label>$VAR[PlaylistLabelVar]</label>
       <font>font60</font>
       <style>bold</style>
        </control>
and after
     <control type="grouplist" id="5001">
      <include>WidgetGroupListCommon</include>
      <pagecontrol>5010</pagecontrol>
add
      <top>90</top>

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2845431
OP asked for a skin recommendation... not a code hack. Eek
(2019-04-18, 17:01)nonJon Wrote: OP asked for a skin recommendation... not a code hack. Eek Skilled Skinner in your own mind
I'm using the Titan skin as it seems like the easiest to read to me, but I haven't tried them all. Could someone direct me as to which skin and view (Big List, Big List 2, Netflix, etc) will result in the biggest font?

That's weird, a long time ago the "zoom" function under interface used to zoom just the font size. Now it just zooms everything which is completely worthless, I mean, a zoom of 4% has screen elements zoomed out of the screen.

When did this change? I'm mean sure it never worked great and looked a little funny because skins weren't designed with larger fonts in mind, but it did give users a little bit of ability to see better if they wanted to sacrifice a bit of style.

Using a NUC7PJYHN and a 2820FYKH0 Intel NUC running LibreELEC, and two FireTVs.:)
No idea, I've never used that option. It's possible that things changed when Estuary came into play, and that things worked differently around Confluence.

BTW, are you still using OpenELEC as per your signature? Wink

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Best Skin for larger fonts?0