Trouble installing 17.6 on Ubuntu 18.04
This was a tough one to search for so I apologize if this has been covered already.

I can install the Debian(?) version of Kodi 17.6 without any problems, but I can't get HTTP control to work using that build. Trying to install from the team-xbmc/kodi-old ppa I get the following errors:

The following packages have unmet depenencies:
 kodi : Depends: kodi-bin (>= 2:17.6+git20180430.1623-final-0bionic) but 2:17.6+dfsg1-1ubuntu1 is to be installed

Anyone know why it's wanting to install the ubuntu kodi-bin when I'm using the kodi ppa?
@wsnipex ^^
remove all kodi packages before installing from the PPA
sudo apt purge 'kodi*'
Did that already, no dice.

Today I looked in the /etc/apt/source.list.d/ directory and I'm seeing this:
armbian.list
armbian.list.save
team-xbmc-ubuntu-kodi-old-bionic.list
team-xbmc-ubuntu-kodi-old-bionic.list.save
team-xbmc-ubuntu-ppa-bionic.list
team-xbmc-ubuntu-ppa-bionic.list.save

I'm assuming that team-xbmc-ubuntu-ppa-bionic.list is the official stable PPA, even though I ran sudo add-apt-repository -r ppa:team-xbmc/ppa? Do I need to actually rm the .list and .list.save files?
(2019-03-20, 23:32)MrAngles Wrote: armbian.list
armbian.list.save
You're running on ARM? The official Kodi PPA doesn't publish on ARM. That's why it can't find kodi-bin.
Yeah I've got a Rock64 sbc running Arbian Ubuntu.

The whole idea is that I have several boxes running Kodi using a MYSQL server for the video and audio databases and this Rock64 board is intended to be a dedicated headless Kodi unit that I can use remotely to run Watchdog and Library Auto Update, as well as receiving manual requests to update or clean the library, and I can remote into it graphically to make other changes such as skin adjustments and adding/removing addons which can then be distributed to the other boxes. Unfortunately unless I'm missing something HTTP is the only way to send update and clean requests to a remote installation, and that's not working with the Ubuntu distribution of Kodi.
Then unfortunately you have to contact your distro maintainer in that regard. As they patched Kodi 17 in that way.

You  could also try to compile Kodi from source on that machine. Reading that might be a good start for that task: https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/master...E.Linux.md
Thanks for that, I'll have to try that sometime when I have time to play around with it. For now though I guess I'll use the armbian build and just use ssh and the kodi-send commandline tool to send commands.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Trouble installing 17.6 on Ubuntu 18.040