Android Browsing Library wakes server
Hey kodi guys and gals,,  long time user but I actually just registered to these forums..  I have a generic-like question although not android specific I am using Kodi on my Nvidia Shield. I pretty much have everything set up as I want it but there is one behavior that is bugging me.  My setup is a win10 machine serving as a server in a closet with all my content on it. As mentioned , kodi is on the nvidia Shield and all is working as it should. No problems accessing content in my network. WOL is working as it should except for the issue I'm writing about.
  So the issue is kodi wakes up the server as soon as I enter the movie or tv show section and browse my library without actually choosing anything. I have disabled update library on startup. What other settings affects this ? Is it reading artwork/meta from my server ?  In previous setups I've had, the server would wake up when I actually played a movie . I'd get a 5-10 sec window saying "waking the server" and boom, movie plays.  

Anyway,  a minor gripe for sure for such an amazing project. Hats off to you !!
Thxs in advance for any feedback.
(2019-03-20, 21:07)T0r0 Wrote: kodi wakes up the server as soon as I enter the movie or tv show section and browse my library
It is the Artwork Cache that is checking\confirming Artwork still exists locally. Would I be correct in assuming you use local artwork for some or all of your movies/tv shows?
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
"Would I be correct in assuming you use local artwork for some or all of your movies/tv shows?"

well I suppose the answer to this is yes since that is what is happening. However that was not my intention. I routinely export my library to separate files when I add a new movie/show. So my questions are:

1. Is it using the artwork found on my server or just checking that it's there to add if none found. 
2. How do I prevent it from checking automatically, I only want this checked when I manually update my library.,,  as I mentioned before I already have "update library on startup" disabled.
(2019-03-20, 23:11)T0r0 Wrote: I routinely export my library to separate files when I add a new movie/show.
When you first scrape the movie/show, is the artwork coming from online sources or local artwork?

(2019-03-20, 23:11)T0r0 Wrote: 1. Is it using the artwork found on my server or just checking that it's there to add if none found. 
What displays in the Kodi menus and lists is coming from the Cache. For some reason that I can't/refuse to understand is why it needs to check the original image is still in the movie folder when browsing the lists if an image is already linked in the cache.

(2019-03-20, 23:11)T0r0 Wrote: 2. How do I prevent it from checking automatically,
You cannot. It is hard coded into Kodi core.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
When I first scrape a title it's always from online source,,,, granted I've had my library for many years...
I have changed a few collections/boxsets artwork via the manage context menu.. is this the culprit ?
So I'd have to delete all artwork in my library and it would work as I want ? Is there a way to specifically tell which titles are being populated by my server vs online ?
Sorry if these are dumb questions
So no workaround for this ? 
I tried editing my sources and scanning recursively ,, I thought that might make sure everything is in the cache on my Shield..  (that probably doesn't do what I think it does)
anyway it made no difference.
No, there is no workaround. That is just the way kodi works.

Editing sources and adjusting settings will not change hard coded behavior.
My Signature
My problem is the opposite.  I can't wake up my server (Win10pc) from my Kodi (Android) client on the firestick.  I've tried downloading the Wake On LAN magic packet, but it seems like it's not available in the program addons repository for the Matrix 19.4 version.  Any input as to how to wake up my server whenever I start my client would be greatly appreciated.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Browsing Library wakes server0