• 4(current)
Nvidia Jetson Nano, superfast Kodi device?
Log is available at: 
eyinisamaf.kodi (paste)

if it helps...
(2020-07-27, 21:45)jaj2020 Wrote: Log is available at: 
eyinisamaf.kodi (paste)

if it helps...

Interesting... Is it Jetson Nano ? What version of Linux For Tegra ?

It certainly, can't mmap buffer.

Code:

2020-07-27 22:38:08.235 T:32604 ERROR <general>: CNVV4LBuffer::Map failed to mmap buffer: Bad file descriptor
Yep. Jetson nano.

Latest L4T 32.4.3
(2020-07-27, 23:24)jaj2020 Wrote: Yep. Jetson nano.

Latest L4T 32.4.3

That is very unusual for mmap to fail. I'll add some more extra debug information logging. So it would help to debug the issue.

Can you also share dmesg output ?
This commit will show some more details on buffer allocation process. Also I moved pool configuration to header.
Pull this commit in your local repository git pull in source code folder and try to adjust OUTPUT and EXTRA settings in xbmc/cores/VideoPlayer/DVDCodecs/Video/NVV4LCodec.h file. No nead to do make clean, make && make install should suffice.
(2020-07-28, 00:32)hashtag Wrote: This commit will show some more details on buffer allocation process. Also I moved pool configuration to header.
Pull this commit in your local repository git pull in source code folder and try to adjust OUTPUT and EXTRA settings in xbmc/cores/VideoPlayer/DVDCodecs/Video/NVV4LCodec.h file. No nead to do make clean, make && make install should suffice.

I am using 12 buffers for input for no particular reason Big Grin. Try may be reduce to 8, and EXTRA output to 4.
Hmm, same thing.
Pulled the git & compiled ( changed to 8 and 4 ).

Thats the log:
muparayefo.kodi (paste)

and thats the dmesg log:
(2020-07-28, 09:46)jaj2020 Wrote: Hmm, same thing.
Pulled the git & compiled ( changed to 8 and 4 ).

Thats the log:
muparayefo.kodi (paste)

and thats the dmesg log:
Sorry, thats the dmesg log:
ayaloganax.kodi (paste)
OK pulled new version of code and re-compiled.  I think I may have been premature about my 'i25/p25 stuff causing it to crash' - but I have noticed that i25 stuff isn't being deinterlaced to p50 (looks like it's being deinterlaced as I don't see a lot of combing, but native interlaced content playback has 25Hz motion rather than the 50Hz you'd expect).  

Is this an nVidia thing or is it possible to get full motion deinterlacing with hardware decoding (either with software or hardware deinterlace?)
Hey!
Just re flashed the Jetson, did a clean install of all dependencies, recompiled the code and it works!
I have no idea what went wrong at my first try.
Sorry for throwing you off.
Amazing job you did there HASHTAG, thank you!
(2020-07-28, 15:03)jaj2020 Wrote: Hey!
Just re flashed the Jetson, did a clean install of all dependencies, recompiled the code and it works!
I have no idea what went wrong at my first try.
Sorry for throwing you off.
Amazing job you did there HASHTAG, thank you!

Hey! Glad it worked out! I was thinking to suggest to do that, as last resort. Bad file descriptor on v4l2 very rare issue, that is related to kernel.
(2020-07-28, 11:02)noggin Wrote: OK pulled new version of code and re-compiled.  I think I may have been premature about my 'i25/p25 stuff causing it to crash' - but I have noticed that i25 stuff isn't being deinterlaced to p50 (looks like it's being deinterlaced as I don't see a lot of combing, but native interlaced content playback has 25Hz motion rather than the 50Hz you'd expect).  

Is this an nVidia thing or is it possible to get full motion deinterlacing with hardware decoding (either with software or hardware deinterlace?)

I haven't been looking into interlacing. I don't think it is hardware decoding feature. Can you upload the video sample, so I can better understand a problem ?
I'm playing the Jellyfish bitrate test. 400mbps 10bit 4K. Smooth as butter.
(2020-07-28, 15:55)jaj2020 Wrote: I'm playing the Jellyfish bitrate test. 400mbps 10bit 4K. Smooth as butter.

A actually had performance issues with 400mbps. May be with external power supply it would have some more juice to pump. That is why in my initial post to this thread, I said up to 120 mbps.
Hey,
The Nano is hooked up to a freaking cell phone charger and it works... :-)
As long as you don't have peripherals connected - it should be fine.

One last thing, do you have any clue regarding hdmi-cec? Couldn't get it to work from the Nano.
It's the last missing piece of a terrific media center.
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Nvidia Jetson Nano, superfast Kodi device?0