What logic is used for refresh rate and resolution switching
What logic is used for refresh rate and resolution switching. My tv supports almost all refresh rates @ 4k for most color space. But it supports only 60hz 59.9hz and 50hz refresh rates @ 1080p and 720p for all color spaces. As I am using Nvidia Shield which is bad at upscaling I would prefer resolution switching over refresh rate switching. But still want refresh rate switching when possible so any way to give priority over 1 to the other.
(2019-03-21, 08:31)DNKK Wrote: My tv supports almost all refresh rates @ 4k for most color space. But it supports only 60hz 59.9hz and 50hz refresh rates @ 1080p and 720p for all color spaces

I´m curious. Could you please tell me which TV model that is? TVs (real TVs ... not PC monitors) should support 23.976 and 24fps at least for 1080p. That would be really new if a TV isn´t capable of doing so.
(2019-03-21, 12:54)DaVu Wrote:
(2019-03-21, 08:31)DNKK Wrote: My tv supports almost all refresh rates @ 4k for most color space. But it supports only 60hz 59.9hz and 50hz refresh rates @ 1080p and 720p for all color spaces

I´m curious. Could you please tell me which TV model that is? TVs (real TVs ... not PC monitors) should support 23.976 and 24fps at least for 1080p. That would be really new if a TV isn´t capable of doing so. 
Its this tv
https://www.mi.com/global/mitv4/
Can't find any useful specs for it. But on that page they are saying:

"State-of-the-art technologies in a beautiful and remarkably slim package"

"State-of-the-art technologies" <- that is funny if the TV can't even do 23.976 or 24fps @1080p. I would really make sure that the TV doesn't support those and if it really can't I would simply send it back. I know, that's a solution for your question. But I wouldn't use such a TV at all.

Maybe someone else can give more help on this, as I can't. Sorry.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
What logic is used for refresh rate and resolution switching0