v18 Artwork Organisation Help
I've used Kodi for years. I used to spend inordinate amounts of time getting artwork correct, but have fell off the wagon a bit recently. Part of falling off the wagon in the first place was that CDArt Manager stopped working and/or was just flat-out too slow. However, I do keep meticulous control of my Movies, using Tiny Media Manager to get all the artwork, so they are all good for the most part. For TV shows I just use whatever the standard in-built scraper is these days...seems to do the job.

Having just retired my Lenovo Q190 (noisy little sod), and replaced it with an Amazon Fire HD stick, I decided to get back on the wagon, and a lot has changed.

Now, I note that CDArt Manager seems to be working nicely again, so that's great, although I would like to have the same meticulous control of the artwork as I do with movies and TMM...I can't find any software that'll do it (grabbing artist clear logos, disk images and whatnot outside of the "normal"). Is there any software that'll do that? Again, CDArt Manager seems great, but I want that meticulous control and need some advice there.

The other thing I note has changed, is that when viewing media information via the context menu, I used to be able to individually pick artworks to change. It'd show 'local' then 'remote', for most art types. Kodi doesn't seem to do this any more, only showing the local image with no remote options (and I'm talking common artists like Aerosmith and so on that have loads of art). There's an option for 'Add Art Type' (or something similar), but that just comes up with an on-screen keyboard. I type 'clearLogo', 'Done' and nothing really happens...I'm not sure why this all doesn't work as it used to.

Browsing around there seems to be a million different recommendations for how to store your art...separate folder, with the media itself and so on.

So, summary of all the rambling...

1. Is there a decent bit of software a bit like TMM that I can use to manager my CD art. I use Media Monkey to manage tags and cover art.
2. Why doesn't the 'artwork manager' bit via 'Information' in the context menu work like it used to.
3. Where's the best place to store the art. Separate folder or next to the media. Is it different for music than it is with movies?
4. What are the best skins for displaying all artwork types (I've used Transparency in the past).
5. What the hell happened with Artwork Downloader (and is that why '2' is as it is) and is Artwork Beef its successor (effectively).
6. Because I've been experimenting and now have artwork all over the bloody place, should I just delete it all and do it 'properly' (and what's 'properly')?
7. Are IMDB tags in movie names still the best way to make sure art is correct?
8. Is there something similar to IMDB tags for music, and how would I use them?
9. Somehow, my Venom film downloaded animated cover art (I guess via TMM)...that's entirely new to me...how did that happen and how do I do it on purpose?

Think that about covers it?

You can tell I'm rusty here, right?
Sorry this post was left so long: perhaps a bit of brevity, or just an issue or two would have brought a quicker response.
(2019-03-21, 12:41)JesusOnEez Wrote: .I can't find any software that'll do it (grabbing artist clear logos, disk images and whatnot
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=258886
(2019-03-21, 12:41)JesusOnEez Wrote: Kodi doesn't seem to do this any more, only showing the local image with no remote options
Still does, but you're using TMM for scrapes; Kodi picks up the artwork links to display in the refresh art and saves them out to the .nfo
(2019-03-21, 12:41)JesusOnEez Wrote: million different recommendations for how to store your art...separate folder, with the media itself and so on.
With the media itself, Kodi keeps everything in its internal library; the media with folder is great back-up and makes re-scanning easy.

1) Media Monkey to manage tags and cover art. Nothing wrong with that.
2) As noted above, your scraping with TMM.
3) next to the media. Is it different for music than it is with movies? Could be, but it's easy to find when it's with the media.
4) No preferences other than current support.
5) Artwork Beef its successor (effectively), but you knew that.
6) artwork all over the bloody place. Check documentation for AB, You'll find automatic clean-up functions.
7) IMDB tags in movie names I use the universal scraper and proper titles with dates, if needed I use the ID TT#
8) tags for music, Music tagging (wiki) https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=330592
9) animated cover art https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=215727

You're rusty and I'm tired.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Artwork Organisation Help1