SVN build problem
I am on hardy heron using build.sh. I tried to update for last 2 days and I keep getting this: (I did install all dependencies from README)

Quote:xbmc/GUIViewStatePictures.o:/home/mp/XBMC/xbmc/GUIViewStatePictures.cpp:78: first defined here
xbmc/GUIViewStatePicturesProgramsScripts.o: In function `CGUIViewStateWindowPictures::GetLockType()':
/home/mp/XBMC/xbmc/GUIViewStatePicturesProgramsScripts.cpp:63: multiple definition of `CGUIViewStateWindowPictures::GetLockType()'
xbmc/GUIViewStatePictures.o:/home/mp/XBMC/xbmc/GUIViewStatePictures.cpp:63: first defined here
xbmc/GUIViewStatePicturesProgramsScripts.o: In function `CGUIViewStateWindowPictures::GetExtensions()':
/home/mp/XBMC/xbmc/GUIViewStatePicturesProgramsScripts.cpp:73: multiple definition of `CGUIViewStateWindowPictures::GetExtensions()'
xbmc/GUIViewStatePictures.o:/home/mp/XBMC/xbmc/GUIViewStatePictures.cpp:73: first defined here
xbmc/GUIViewStatePicturesProgramsScripts.o: In function `CGUIViewStateWindowGameSaves::GetSources()':
/home/mp/XBMC/xbmc/GUIViewStatePicturesProgramsScripts.cpp:197: multiple definition of `CGUIViewStateWindowGameSaves::GetSources()'
xbmc/GUIViewStateGameSaves.o:/home/mp/XBMC/xbmc/GUIViewStateGameSaves.cpp:55: first defined here
xbmc/GUIViewStatePicturesProgramsScripts.o: In function `CGUIViewStateWindowGameSaves::SaveViewState()':
/home/mp/XBMC/xbmc/GUIViewStatePicturesProgramsScripts.cpp:191: multiple definition of `CGUIViewStateWindowGameSaves::SaveViewState()'
xbmc/GUIViewStateGameSaves.o:/home/mp/XBMC/xbmc/GUIViewStateGameSaves.cpp:50: first defined here
xbmc/GUIViewStatePicturesProgramsScripts.o: In function `CGUIViewStateWindowPictures::SaveViewState()':
/home/mp/XBMC/xbmc/GUIViewStatePicturesProgramsScripts.cpp:58: multiple definition of `CGUIViewStateWindowPictures::SaveViewState()'
xbmc/GUIViewStatePictures.o:/home/mp/XBMC/xbmc/GUIViewStatePictures.cpp:58: first defined here
xbmc/GUIViewStatePicturesProgramsScripts.o: In function `CGUIViewStateWindowGameSaves':
/home/mp/XBMC/xbmc/GUIViewStatePicturesProgramsScripts.cpp:173: multiple definition of `CGUIViewStateWindowGameSaves::CGUIViewStateWindowGameSaves(CFileItemList const&)'
xbmc/GUIViewStateGameSaves.o:/home/mp/XBMC/xbmc/GUIViewStateGameSaves.cpp:32: first defined here
xbmc/GUIViewStatePicturesProgramsScripts.o: In function `CGUIViewStateWindowGameSaves':
/home/mp/XBMC/xbmc/GUIViewStatePicturesProgramsScripts.cpp:173: multiple definition of `CGUIViewStateWindowGameSaves::CGUIViewStateWindowGameSaves(CFileItemList const&)'
xbmc/GUIViewStateGameSaves.o:/home/mp/XBMC/xbmc/GUIViewStateGameSaves.cpp:32: first defined here
xbmc/GUIViewStatePicturesProgramsScripts.o: In function `CGUIViewStateWindowPictures::UnrollArchives()':
/home/mp/XBMC/xbmc/GUIViewStatePicturesProgramsScripts.cpp:68: multiple definition of `CGUIViewStateWindowPictures::UnrollArchives()'
xbmc/GUIViewStatePictures.o:/home/mp/XBMC/xbmc/GUIViewStatePictures.cpp:68: first defined here
xbmc/GUIViewStatePicturesProgramsScripts.o: In function `CGUIViewStateWindowPictures':
/home/mp/XBMC/xbmc/GUIViewStatePicturesProgramsScripts.cpp:32: multiple definition of `CGUIViewStateWindowPictures::CGUIViewStateWindowPictures(CFileItemList const&)'
xbmc/GUIViewStatePictures.o:/home/mp/XBMC/xbmc/GUIViewStatePictures.cpp:32: first defined here
xbmc/GUIViewStatePicturesProgramsScripts.o: In function `CGUIViewStateWindowPictures':
/home/mp/XBMC/xbmc/GUIViewStatePicturesProgramsScripts.cpp:32: multiple definition of `CGUIViewStateWindowPictures::CGUIViewStateWindowPictures(CFileItemList const&)'
xbmc/GUIViewStatePictures.o:/home/mp/XBMC/xbmc/GUIViewStatePictures.cpp:32: first defined here
xbmc/GUIViewStatePrograms.o: In function `CGUIViewStateWindowPrograms::GetSources()':
/home/mp/XBMC/xbmc/GUIViewStatePrograms.cpp:65: multiple definition of `CGUIViewStateWindowPrograms::GetSources()'
xbmc/GUIViewStatePicturesProgramsScripts.o:/home/mp/XBMC/xbmc/GUIViewStatePicturesProgramsScripts.cpp:116: first defined here
xbmc/GUIViewStatePrograms.o: In function `CGUIViewStateWindowPrograms::GetExtensions()':
/home/mp/XBMC/xbmc/GUIViewStatePrograms.cpp:60: multiple definition of `CGUIViewStateWindowPrograms::GetExtensions()'
xbmc/GUIViewStatePicturesProgramsScripts.o:/home/mp/XBMC/xbmc/GUIViewStatePicturesProgramsScripts.cpp:111: first defined here
xbmc/GUIViewStatePrograms.o: In function `CGUIViewStateWindowPrograms::GetLockType()':
/home/mp/XBMC/xbmc/GUIViewStatePrograms.cpp:55: multiple definition of `CGUIViewStateWindowPrograms::GetLockType()'
xbmc/GUIViewStatePicturesProgramsScripts.o:/home/mp/XBMC/xbmc/GUIViewStatePicturesProgramsScripts.cpp:106: first defined here
xbmc/GUIViewStatePrograms.o: In function `CGUIViewStateWindowPrograms::SaveViewState()':
/home/mp/XBMC/xbmc/GUIViewStatePrograms.cpp:50: multiple definition of `CGUIViewStateWindowPrograms::SaveViewState()'
xbmc/GUIViewStatePicturesProgramsScripts.o:/home/mp/XBMC/xbmc/GUIViewStatePicturesProgramsScripts.cpp:101: first defined here
xbmc/GUIViewStatePrograms.o: In function `CGUIViewStateWindowPrograms':
/home/mp/XBMC/xbmc/GUIViewStatePrograms.cpp:32: multiple definition of `CGUIViewStateWindowPrograms::CGUIViewStateWindowPrograms(CFileItemList const&)'
xbmc/GUIViewStatePicturesProgramsScripts.o:/home/mp/XBMC/xbmc/GUIViewStatePicturesProgramsScripts.cpp:83: first defined here
xbmc/GUIViewStatePrograms.o: In function `CGUIViewStateWindowPrograms':
/home/mp/XBMC/xbmc/GUIViewStatePrograms.cpp:32: multiple definition of `CGUIViewStateWindowPrograms::CGUIViewStateWindowPrograms(CFileItemList const&)'
xbmc/GUIViewStatePicturesProgramsScripts.o:/home/mp/XBMC/xbmc/GUIViewStatePicturesProgramsScripts.cpp:83: first defined here
xbmc/GUIViewStateScripts.o: In function `CGUIViewStateWindowScripts::GetExtensions()':
/home/mp/XBMC/xbmc/GUIViewStateScripts.cpp:52: multiple definition of `CGUIViewStateWindowScripts::GetExtensions()'
xbmc/GUIViewStatePicturesProgramsScripts.o:/home/mp/XBMC/xbmc/GUIViewStatePicturesProgramsScripts.cpp:140: first defined here
xbmc/GUIViewStateScripts.o: In function `CGUIViewStateWindowScripts::GetSources()':
/home/mp/XBMC/xbmc/GUIViewStateScripts.cpp:57: multiple definition of `CGUIViewStateWindowScripts::GetSources()'
xbmc/GUIViewStatePicturesProgramsScripts.o:/home/mp/XBMC/xbmc/GUIViewStatePicturesProgramsScripts.cpp:145: first defined here
xbmc/GUIViewStateScripts.o: In function `CGUIViewStateWindowScripts::SaveViewState()':
/home/mp/XBMC/xbmc/GUIViewStateScripts.cpp:47: multiple definition of `CGUIViewStateWindowScripts::SaveViewState()'
xbmc/GUIViewStatePicturesProgramsScripts.o:/home/mp/XBMC/xbmc/GUIViewStatePicturesProgramsScripts.cpp:135: first defined here
xbmc/GUIViewStateScripts.o: In function `CGUIViewStateWindowScripts':
/home/mp/XBMC/xbmc/GUIViewStateScripts.cpp:33: multiple definition of `CGUIViewStateWindowScripts::CGUIViewStateWindowScripts(CFileItemList const&)'
xbmc/GUIViewStatePicturesProgramsScripts.o:/home/mp/XBMC/xbmc/GUIViewStatePicturesProgramsScripts.cpp:121: first defined here
xbmc/GUIViewStateScripts.o: In function `CGUIViewStateWindowScripts':
/home/mp/XBMC/xbmc/GUIViewStateScripts.cpp:33: multiple definition of `CGUIViewStateWindowScripts::CGUIViewStateWindowScripts(CFileItemList const&)'
xbmc/GUIViewStatePicturesProgramsScripts.o:/home/mp/XBMC/xbmc/GUIViewStatePicturesProgramsScripts.cpp:121: first defined here
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[1]: *** [xbmc.bin] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/mp/XBMC'
make: *** [all] Error 2
make: Leaving directory `/home/mp/XBMC'
make[1]: *** [xbmc.bin] Error 1
make: *** [all] Error 2

I did not update hardy to the latest fixes since kernel updates screw some things for me that works fine right now. Any thoughts?
thx
@uomiarz, your problem has been resolved MANY times in this forum, please search next time or at least read the thread you're about to post in to make sure you have the same problem. make distclean and rebuild.

Other people I'm still working on the lzo thing, been busy this week. If anyone else is going to post please also post your distro, lzo version and gcc version.
gryzor Wrote:I noticed lzo 2.03 is in unstable, so perhaps try to unmask that to get things going if you're having problems?

I too have been running gentoo for quite a while with little to no problems. I have been managing my packets in a similar manner as you posted. I have even unmasked lzo 2.03 and it is still spitting out the same error. Odd...

Gentoo lzo 2.03 gcc 4.1.2
Rand Al Thor Wrote:I too have been running gentoo for quite a while with little to no problems. I have been managing my packets in a similar manner as you posted. I have even unmasked lzo 2.03 and it is still spitting out the same error. Odd...

Gentoo lzo 2.03 gcc 4.1.2

Well, I am on the same page as you, but running lzo 2.02. Try revdep-rebuild, make distclean and have a look at my emerge --info here: http://pastebin.com/m27345ed7
XBMC on Gentoo is as good as it gets! :o
Ok, should be fixed in 13731 unless you're running gcc 4.3 which I haven't had time to get at. Compiles on x86_64 Gentoo w/ lzo2 and Ubuntu w/ lzo or lzo2 anyway. Lemme know if something is still awry.

EDIT: Forgot...you need to rerun configure.
althekiller Wrote:Ok, should be fixed in 13731 unless you're running gcc 4.3 which I haven't had time to get at. Compiles on x86_64 Gentoo w/ lzo2 and Ubuntu w/ lzo or lzo2 anyway. Lemme know if something is still awry.

EDIT: Forgot...you need to rerun configure.

That did the trick! Cheers and thanks to the whole dev team once again for the great app Wink
I've since fixed the build problems with GCC 4.3 and XBMCTex, everything should build fine.
I have the following issue, which I am not able to figure out concerning compilation.

I do an svn checkout,
than a default ./configure,
than make.
If I understand well, the installation should be done in /usr/local by default, but instead of that, after "make", everything is installed to /home/myname/XBMC from where I ran the checkout. It seems that even ./configure --prefix=/usr/local not solve the problem.
Make install, after make not helpig either.
However, running xbmc.bin from /home/myname/XBMC runs just fine.

My second issue is, when I would like to do an update:
I do an svn up in /home/myname/XBMC,
than make clean,
than ./configure
than make.
I see the update is done properly, but than after make, and run xbmc.bin, I still have the previous version.

Could anybody please help me to better understand how to do it properly?

Thank you!
You don't understand well (or we haven't updated the README). This is a standard GNU make install method so you need to ./configure, make, sudo make install .
Quote:I have the following issue, which I am not able to figure out concerning compilation.

I do an svn checkout,
than a default ./configure,
than make.
If I understand well, the installation should be done in /usr/local by default

At this point nothing is "installed". You juste configured and compiled the sources files.

After doing this do : "sudo make install"
sudo is important as you do not have the proper privileges to "install" xbmc otherwise.

Assuming defaults, everything will be now copied to "/usr/local/share/xbmc"

You dont have (and you shouldnt) run xbmc.bin when proceeding by this method. Just type "xbmc" wherever or "xbmc &" (detached in the background)

XBMC Linux Ubuntu 8.04 - Antec Fusion Black
Gigabyte MA78GM-S2H - AMD Athlon 64 X2 BE-2350
Corsair 2Go DDRII PC6400 - Samsung Spinpoint 500 Go
Sony Bravia KDL-40W4000 - Logitech Harmony 555
althekiller Wrote:You don't understand well (or we haven't updated the README). This is a standard GNU make install method so you need to ./configure, make, sudo make install .

@althekiller
readme says "make install" is optional, so it was not obvious to me, that this is mandatory. However I tried to used make install, but I think it wasn't on a fresh install and maybe I messed up something until this time.

@Gaarv
readme also instructed to run with ./xbmc.bin, that is the reason I tried with that one.

Thank you for the help, guys, I give it a try again, when I arrive back home tomorrow.

Ohh, and could you please also instruct on the update process? Does it need to run ./configure after "svn up" or just make clean, and make install?
Hey guys. Can we still use ./build.sh NOUPDATE NOCOMPILE to copy all the folders and back everything up after we have run ./configure and make? Or is this no longer going to be supported either. It is not a big deal it is just a bit less hassle Wink Cheers.
It's supported until I get done rewriting build.sh. So sometime in the next 24hrs or so.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
SVN build problem0