Moviesets poster, fanart etc. for KODI
How does Kodi load poster and fanart of the Movieset? It seems to me that using Kodi, Artwork Beef, Movieset Automator, you can not load graphics in the "movieset-poster.jpg" format, etc. saved in the movie folder.
Kodi will load the movieset graphics or if they are in a separate folder or in the parent folder of the movies from the collection - with the name: poster.jpg, fanart.jpg, logo.jpg, etc.
Or I do not understand it Smile
At the moment, I copy the collection graphics manually from the movie folder - to the parent folder and change their names.
The next problem appears after changing the name of the films - the movies are moved to the new location correctly but the parent folders with the graphics are not - and here again I have to manually find these folders and transfer the graphics manually. In addition, if the parent folders are empty, they do not delete them - and here I have to find them again and delete them manually.
Whew
I hope you understand what I wrote.

https://kodi.wiki/view/Movie_artwork#Movie_set_artwork
Quote:"2.9 Local movie set artwork
Local movie set artwork is not supported in Kodi, but it can be added from online services with an "information provider" scraper add-on. The add-on Artwork Beef can add local movie set artwork to your library. Movie Set Artwork Automator hasn't been supported for some time, but it is also capable of adding local movie set artwork to your library."
So it probably is not important anymore what the KODI naming requires - when it comes to the Movie set, but it depends on Artwork Beef or from Movieset Automator - they support Movieset graphics.
@Zwanzig

MovieSet Artwork work is progressing for inclusion in v19. Read here... https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=337089

Kodi can scrape movieset artwork, but it currently cannot scan local artwork from your folders. To do this you still need to use Artwork Beef.

One of the developers working on it is the developer for Artwork Beef, so there is a high chance that Kodi will follow the same method used by Artwork Beef. There is always the possibility of later changes, but for now I suggest using the central folder method.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
I think I have expressed myself vaguely.
I was referring to the Movieset graphics in relation to TMMv3.
TMM saves the graphics in the central folder or in the movie folder in the format "movieset-poster.jpg" etc. And none of the KODI add-ons (Artwork Beef and Movie Set Artwork Automator) can load this.
In that case, if TMM efficiently saves the graphics? or I can not configure Artwork Beef.
In my opinion, Artwork Beef loads graphics from a central folder or from a parent folder. But not from the movie folder.
(2019-03-21, 23:22)Zwanzig Wrote: How does Kodi load poster and fanart of the Movieset?
Well, I only responded to your very first sentence. As for the TMM problem, I will leave that to the tmm developers.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Moviesets poster, fanart etc. for KODI0