How do you add Audiobooks
Just tested with an up to date Kodi version (was on work laptop yesterday with a several month old version), it looks like resume is no longer present on the Context menu in File mode, it looks like the only way now to get resume is to scan into Library and play from the Albums entry for the audiobook.
Many thanks Karellen I'll give that a try later and report back, appreciate your time
Hi Karellen many thanks for the info, I followed your steps exactly, but still don't get the option to resume either by selecting or in the context menu. I've also installed Kodi on my windows 10 desktop and get the same results as with the Raspberry Pi and LibreElec
I don't see how that is possible, but there is so little we know about your setup. You will need to provide a debug log which captures you playing one of your audiobooks. Stopping playback, then starting again.

Follow this guide... https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2665079
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Hi Karellen log file https://paste.kodi.tv/wabasiqipe.kodi
@seniorstone

Thanks for that. You are using Windows 10 and Kodi v18.1, so all up to date.

Everything in the log looks normal.

On Line 648 you start playing the audiobook which has the correct m4b extension
On Line 712, playback is stopped
On Line 970, you restart playback
On Line 1036, you stopped playback again.

It all looks normal. The problem is that you played the book for 27 seconds, and that is not long enough to create a resume point.

The first resume point can be created after the 3 minute mark in the first chapter. The resume point in subsequent chapters have no minimum requirement.

When you start your book press tab on your keyboard to bring up the progress bar. Let it play to after 3 minutes and then stop. Can you resume the playback now?

Have a look at this wiki page for Video resume... https://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Modify_aut...ume_points Scroll down to the image and it will give you an idea of how it works.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Hi Karellen, that cured it on both systems. I would never have found that without your help so many thanks for your time.
It's a great pity that https://github.com/robwebset/script.audiobooks is no longer available as an addon in Kodi, as it was excellent for playing Audio Books with playback resume and the big advantage that Audio Books did not have to be scanned to the music library and mixed in with all your music albums. Perhaps the development team could look at including this again in a future Kodi release given the increasing popularity of Audio Books.

Once again many thanks for all your time and help.
Great to hear it is all working now!!

(2019-03-29, 12:05)seniorstone Wrote: the big advantage that Audio Books did not have to be scanned to the music library and mixed in with all your music albums
They don't have to be, but re-reading my previous post, I did make it sound as if that was a requirement. My intent there was to show how flexible the library could be.

You don't need to scan to the library for it to work. As long as you remember the 3 minute rule, it will work in Files View also.
My Signature
(2019-03-29, 12:13)Karellen Wrote: You don't need to scan to the library for it to work. As long as you remember the 3 minute rule, it will work in Files View also.

Resume was no longer working for me in file mode when I checked the other day, there was a resume point in library mode so must have gone over the 3min.
All of my audiobooks are in MP3 format... one file for each chapter. They're stored in a hierarchical form by AUTHOR / SERIES / TITLE / CHAPTER, equivalent to that of music albums. Will support for this type of audiobook ever be available? Obviously Resume would be the most important function that's not available now. I have never understood why the Audiobooks addon was banned... it worked so nicely.
@pagali

It will be many years before a developer looks at enhancing audiobooks in Kodi so please don't have too high expectations.

The robwebset addon was removed due to some coding actions by the author that were not in the users best interest.
My Signature
(2019-03-29, 19:04)pagali Wrote: All of my audiobooks are in MP3 format... one file for each chapter. They're stored in a hierarchical form by AUTHOR / SERIES / TITLE / CHAPTER, equivalent to that of music albums. Will support for this type of audiobook ever be available? Obviously Resume would be the most important function that's not available now. I have never understood why the Audiobooks addon was banned... it worked so nicely.
Not using the present implementation as it relies on the extension type to identify the files as audiobooks, so at the moment anything either m4b or mka is treated as an audiobook. So mp3 couldn't be added without a huge change to the code as there is no way for Kodi to know if the mp3's are music or audio books.
Can it be that hard just add a choice dialog to ask the user if after adding mp3 files if it is an audio mp3 or an audiobook? If audio mp3 keep mp3s as they are, if audiobook treat mp3s as m4b/mka files. Or would that be too hard to implement?
Not as simple as you seem to think.
Hi Karellen Just one last footnote, from testing it appears that Audio Books do have to be scanned to the library in order for resume to work properly.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How do you add Audiobooks0