How do you add Audiobooks
That didn't used to be the case so there appears to be a regression.
(2019-03-31, 18:53)seniorstone Wrote: Hi Karellen Just one last footnote, from testing it appears that Audio Books do have to be scanned to the library in order for resume to work properly.
Can you explain what the problem is? I just tested this on a fresh install and added the source only, no scanning into the library, and I was able to create Resume points.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Hi Karellen Just tried again with just source added but not scanned to library , but no resume available log file here https://paste.kodi.tv/barodefiti.kodi

Thanks
I cannot see anything wrong in your log.

I have tested this on 4 different v18 builds of Kodi with an empty library. I am able to Resume the audiobook from Videos>Files.

I have no idea what the problem could be. Sorry.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2019-04-05, 04:51)Karellen Wrote: I cannot see anything wrong in your log.

I have tested this on 4 different v18 builds of Kodi with an empty library. I am able to Resume the audiobook from Videos>Files.

I have no idea what the problem could be. Sorry.
Hi Karellen I appreciate the time you've put into this, in the above quote you say from Videoes>Files, I have been trying to play mine from Music>Files can you just clarify which is right please.
Many thanks
Sorry, I did mean Music>Files.
My Signature
@seniorstone

I have been playing around with Audiobooks for my own personal library now.

Can you give me the link to the audiobook that you downloaded which does not create a resume point? I think I have figured out why you are having problems, but I need to see the file first to confirm.
My Signature
Thanks to this thread I was finally abel to set up correctly my audiobooks.

@Karellen but after I saw your screenshots I'm hooked and now I try to get the covers working. I'm using mka-files and added the cover.jpg with mkvtoolnix but they don't show up. Also the interpret is created but no details are added (before I used mp3 and there the details and picture was added).
So would you mind explaining what container you are using and how you prepered it to get the covers showing up in kodi?
If you need more info about my setup I'm willing to add those informations.

Thanks in advance

RaspberryPi 3
Kodi 18 (autoupdate)
the files are on a samba-share
Hello @aksnöld

Firstly, just in case you did not see this wiki page... https://kodi.wiki/view/Audiobooks

(2019-11-29, 09:43)aksnöld Wrote: So would you mind explaining what container you are using and how you prepered it to get the covers showing up in kodi?
I am using mka files also created as described on the above wiki page. I did not embed any cover artwork in the file. I just added it to the folder containing the mka file as shown in the image below. When you scan the audiobook into the library, Kodi will find the artwork and use it. In my screenshot the cover is named folder.jpg. You can also use cover.jpg, but Kodi prefers folder.jpg and when you export, it is exported as folder.jpg which means you will end up with two files if you use cover.jpg.

But your mka file needs to be tagged with basic information otherwise Kodi will not be able to import it into the library. MusicBrainz Picard does not work with mka files so you need to use MP3Tag or similar.

My Signature
(2019-11-29, 09:53)Karellen Wrote: I am using mka files also created as described on the above wiki page. I did not embed any cover artwork in the file. I just added it to the folder containing the mka file as shown in the image below.

Thanks for the very fast hint - this is working very well.
Quote:But your mka file needs to be tagged with basic information otherwise Kodi will not be able to import it into the library. MusicBrainz Picard does not work with mka files so you need to use MP3Tag or similar.
While this is working for some files it does not for some others (which were correctly scraapped with mp3 and are listed in musicbrainz.org - so the question what are the required tags (actuall I used titel and artist) with MP3Tag.
I'm having a tagging argument with Kodi regarding audiobooks.  I tried mkvtoolnix, but I didn't get along with it (it's been a while, but I think I had issues with getting the files in the right order to convert, then tagging them).  I came across m4b-tool which I got along with wonderfully.  Following their directions online I was able to create a very nice m4b of Storm Over Warlock which I had downloaded from LibriVox as mp3s (and adjusted the tags before trying to put it together as a single file audiobook).  It has all of the tags I want in the file (genre, album, artist, album artist, cover art).  Kodi handles the chapters and resume points just fine.

This is all good.

The bad is that when I scrape it, Kodi ignores the genre tag.  Any ideas?  If you need a log, please tell me what actions you want logged.

Thanks in advance.
(2020-02-28, 16:53)kbpickens Wrote: The bad is that when I scrape it, Kodi ignores the genre tag.  Any ideas?
Can you provide a screenshot of your tags as shown in your m4b-tool or from mp3tag if you have that installed.

Alternatively you can install this addon and add the genre from within Kodi... https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=349035
My Signature
(2020-02-28, 20:54)Karellen Wrote:
(2020-02-28, 16:53)kbpickens Wrote: The bad is that when I scrape it, Kodi ignores the genre tag.  Any ideas?
Can you provide a screenshot of your tags as shown in your m4b-tool or from mp3tag if you have that installed.

Alternatively you can install this addon and add the genre from within Kodi... https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=349035     

This is from kid3:

This is the genre listing for my 'music':

There is an 'Audiobook' genre further up, but that only has couple books that are stored as mp3.  The Metadata Editor addon didn't find any information for the file (I suspect it's because I haven't exported the library, so there isn't a .nfo for the book).  While I could use the addon to add the genre, I want to be able to scrape a number of books and not have to manually edit all of them (I'm just beginning to get them into my library and want to be able to do all of my books).

I would wonder if the problem is that the tag is stored in mp4 format instead of ID3, but the title and artist fields are being scraped.
(2020-02-29, 21:34)kbpickens Wrote: The Metadata Editor addon didn't find any information for the file
Then you would add a new genre. Has nothing to do with a nfo file being available.

(2020-02-29, 21:34)kbpickens Wrote: I would wonder if the problem is that the tag is stored in mp4 format instead of ID3, but the title and artist fields are being scraped.
Sorry, not sure. Maybe @DaveBlake will know.
My Signature
AFAIK the FFmpeg tager read used for .m4b format files with mp4 tags does read genre values. But since you mention NFO files, it is possible that you have "Prefer online information" setting enabled, in which case any genre value held in the album.NFO will override that derived from the tags.

An example fule would be the best way for us to check what is happening, or at least if atgging is the issue.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How do you add Audiobooks0