How do you add Audiobooks
Please re enable the Audiobook addon with resume feature in m4b files

Thanks

---- MOD EDIT ----
A wiki page is available that details how to setup Audiobooks in Kodi. It also describes how to create new books and how to convert books that are in the wrong format.

See...
Audiobooks (wiki)

I am advising blind as I don't have any audio books to even test with myself, but I don't think there is need for an addon in order to get playback of .mka .m2b format audobooks to resume. Like video simply press play and it will resume.

Otherwise if there was an addon that you used in previous versions of Kodi that does not work in v18 then it is nothing to do with Kodi re-enabling anything. It is up to the addon author to update their script for v18 and sumbit it to the repo, perhaps try asking them.
Audiobooks was one of robwebset's addons, so as well as being abandoned (though it's still on github) I assume it's still banned here.
You can play .m4b files with Kodi without an addon. Just add the extension to the video extensions in the advancedsettings.xml file, and restart Kodi.

xml:
<videoextensions>
<add>.m4b</add>
</videoextensions>

After that, create a source to the "video" audio books. You can play your audio books via the Files section. Resume points will be stored and used.
I'm not so sure about how to scrape them into the video library yet.
(2019-03-23, 19:45)Klojum Wrote: I'm not so sure about how to scrape them into the video library yet.

That could be because they are now supported in the music (audio) library + resume points just for them. Music generally can not be resumed.
(2019-03-23, 21:01)DaveBlake Wrote:
(2019-03-23, 19:45)Klojum Wrote: I'm not so sure about how to scrape them into the video library yet.

That could be because they are now supported in the music (audio) library + resume points just for them. Music generally can not be resumed. 
Is there a setting to alter in order for resume to work, as it doesn't appear to?
(2019-03-26, 11:31)seniorstone Wrote:
(2019-03-23, 21:01)DaveBlake Wrote:

Is there a setting to alter in order for resume to work, as it doesn't appear to?

It doesn't behave like video in that when you press play you are given the option to resume, instead it has to be selected via the context menu.

Is there any sort of tutorial on setting up Audiobooks in Kodi as I'm using latest versions of LibreElec and Kodi but the Resume Audiobook is not in the context menu?
It might be a silly question, but have you scanned them to your library?
There is no Library support for audiobooks so the files don't get scanned to the Library, Kodi simply treats all m4b and mka files as audiobooks within the Files node, thus there is nothing to setup. Are you using the default skin?

EDIT: this is incorrect @jjd-uk . Minimal support for .mka and .m4b format audiobooks in the music library was added in Krypton. You can tag these files in the way you do mp3 files, scan them into the music library, and when they are played a resume point is stored (unlike other music). - Dave Blake
Yes I'm using the default skin but still can't get resume audiobook to show in the context menu
@seniorstone

Can you point us to a location where we can download an audiobook. Something legitimate, like a sample "try before you buy" audiobook?
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2019-03-27, 01:02)Karellen Wrote: @seniorstone

Can you point us to a location where we can download an audiobook. Something legitimate, like a sample "try before you buy" audiobook?

https://archive.org/details/librivoxaudio there are loads here
Great. Thanks.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
@seniorstone

I have never used Audiobooks in Kodi, but they seem to work exactly the same as music.

I did not need to adjust my advancedsettings.xml file as Kodi recognised the extension by default.

1. I saved my audiobooks just like any other music file. Then I scanned them into the library.

2. I selected an audiobook and it opens up the available chapters. I selected one to play

3. I stopped the playback. I then selected a chapter to play (just "Select", no context menu), and I was offered the selection to either Play from Start or Resume
It does not matter which chapter you select to play, the Resume takes you back to the correct location

4. Playback resumed from where I previously left off

I was also able to add Author Information via NFO files, added my own artwork. You could even go to the extent of creating Custom home items (wiki) in a compatible skin to separate Audiobooks from general Music.

This is the view in AeonNox:Silvo (but I did not go to the extent of creating Custom Home Items)
My Signature

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How do you add Audiobooks0