Some Smart Playlists suddenly empty
I noticed this morning that some of my Smart Playlists in Kodi 18 on my Android Shield TV are no longer working. My ones for TV Shows and Movies work fine, but the ones I set up for Cartoons, Kids TV, Kids Movies, ans Music Videos do not. Looking at the log, I see the following line for those playlists:
Quote:2019-03-24 11:09:38.844 T:7392   ERROR: Error loading Smart playlist special://profile/playlists/video/cartoons.xsp (failed to read file)
2019-03-24 11:09:38.844 T:7392   ERROR: Previous line repeats 1 times.
2019-03-24 11:09:38.844 T:7392   ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting special://profile/playlists/video/cartoons.xsp
Looking at one of the playlists that doesn't work and one that does, I cannot see what the issue is.

Cartoons playlist (does not work):
xml:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
<smartplaylist type="tvshows">
    <name>cartoons</name>
    <match>all</match>
    <rule field="path" operator="startswith">
        <value>smb://192.168.2.246/Media/Cartoons/</value>
    </rule>
</smartplaylist>

Movies playlist that does work:
xml:
<smartplaylist type="movies">
    <name>movies</name>
    <match>all</match>
        <value>smb://192.168.2.246/Media/Movies/</value>
    </rule>
</smartplaylist>

Does anyone know what is causing this problem? I was hoping that Kodi would be more hands off on the Shield TV than it was on the Raspberry Pi, and it's been behaving for the last three months.

The full log is at the below link for anyone inclined to look at it.

rekonedadu.kodi (paste)
(2019-03-24, 17:48)Ferkner Wrote: I noticed this morning that some of my Smart Playlists in Kodi 18 on my Android Shield TV are no longer working. My ones for TV Shows and Movies work fine, but the ones I set up for Cartoons, Kids TV, Kids Movies, ans Music Videos do not. Looking at the log, I see the following line for those playlists:
Quote:2019-03-24 11:09:38.844 T:7392   ERROR: Error loading Smart playlist special://profile/playlists/video/cartoons.xsp (failed to read file)
2019-03-24 11:09:38.844 T:7392   ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting special://profile/playlists/video/cartoons.xsp
Looking at one of the playlists that doesn't work and one that does, I cannot see what the issue is.

xml:
    <name>cartoons</name>
    <match>all</match>
    </rule>
</smartplaylist>

xml:
    <name>movies</name>
    <match>all</match>
    </rule>
</smartplaylist>

Does anyone know what is causing this problem? I was hoping that Kodi would be more hands off on the Shield TV than it was on the Raspberry Pi, and it's been behaving for the last three months.

rekonedadu.kodi (paste) 
Exact same problem. Initial scrape of the library worked fine and I was able to add the smart playlist to my main menu navigation in Aeon Nox Silvio skin. They for seemingly no reason, it just "dropped" all the content, even though it is still in the library. 

Hopefully there's some help to be found here.
(2019-05-10, 03:05)ckronengold Wrote:
(2019-03-24, 17:48)Ferkner Wrote: noticed this morning that some of my Smart Playlists in Kodi 18 on my Android Shield TV are no longer working. My ones for TV Shows and Movies work fine, but the ones I set up for Cartoons, Kids TV, Kids Movies, ans Music Videos do not. Looking at the log, I see the following line for those playlists:

xml:
    <name>cartoons</name>
    <match>all</match>
    </rule>
</smartplaylist>

xml:
    <name>movies</name>
    <match>all</match>
    </rule>
</smartplaylist>

rekonedadu.kodi (paste) 
Exact same problem. Initial scrape of the library worked fine and I was able to add the smart playlist to my main menu navigation in Aeon Nox Silvio skin. They for seemingly no reason, it just "dropped" all the content, even though it is still in the library. 

Hopefully there's some help to be found here. 
Found what seems to be a solution, or at least is working better for me right now. Who knows if it will last. 

After creating a Smart Playlist, make that Playlist a "favorite." 

Then, when adding items to the main menu, add it from the Favorites section rather than the Playlist section.

Seems to be holding.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Some Smart Playlists suddenly empty0