No nfo-files can be written when exporting database to "separate"
(2019-03-27, 19:42)Memphiz Wrote: Because the file system permissions are not properly set most likely (should recursively chown the whole hdd to user “nobody”)

Thanks ! I'm gonna try that...
In my Synology days, I had to add insecure_locks instead of just insecure to the exports nfs share.
All users are "nobody....

But I found someting very strange what I never experienced before...
I looked on my NAS with MC into every media folder and found a nfo file in each one !  I can open and read them.... BUT ... in Windows using TotalCommander a lot do not appear !
And yes, I set hidden files to be seen of course !   

WHY - and HOW - is that ?
(2019-03-26, 20:14)Memphiz Wrote: To add - insecure is a must for alle exports that are accessed by Kodi. ......
Well sorry, I have to bring up this problem again...

After setting the "insecure" flag to etc/exports I wrote here:

"A BIG STEP !!!!! Probably the SOLUTION !!
After restarting Kodi, export to separate worked without error message that the folder can not be written (Ordner nicht beschreibbar) for the first time !!"

Ok...this worked just ONE time ... trying again today the error message popped up again, that the folder can not be written ! Very frustrating...
I checked the status in etc/exports, but everything was ok and insecure was still set. I also tried what Klojum wrote for his Synology and set an "inseciure_locks" flag, but that did not work as well for my Thecus.

I'm about to give up ...
I am also having this issue from Kodi version 18.7. In my case I tried SMB & FTP share. Its just a openwrt NAS share nothing like Synology advanced config. Kodi can write actors poster and fan art but not .nfo file after export to seperate file. Same setup worked for Kodi 8.6.

Its seems like an issue can you please check?
(2020-07-30, 22:04)Mahtab Wrote: Its seems like an issue can you please check?

Nothing really changed on that part as far as I know for 18.6->18.7 (or 18.8 which is out now).
Try enabling debugging in Kodi, restart Kodi, and reproduce the problem.
Then provide the debug log (wiki) via a pastebin website.
(2020-07-30, 22:12)Klojum Wrote:
(2020-07-30, 22:04)Mahtab Wrote: Its seems like an issue can you please check?

Nothing really changed on that part as far as I know for 18.6->18.7 (or 18.8 which is out now).
Try enabling debugging in Kodi, restart Kodi, and reproduce the problem.
Then provide the debug log (wiki) via a pastebin website.

18.8 also have the same issue. Only version that was working fine was 18.6.
The weird thing is it works fine when I use connect same HDD using USB. Only network location Kodi not copying .nfo files. If its a permission or config issue it wouldn't work for actors and poster files. I tested on windows android and mac, same issue everywhere. I'll take a log and post it.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No nfo-files can be written when exporting database to "separate"0