some tvheadend channels not showing up in kodi guide
Quote:Is it possiblto upgrade without starting from scratch? I really don't want to go through the TVH configuration again.
OpenELEC development started to wind down 3 years ago, so it is indeed a surprise to find someone wanting support for it.  An in-place upgrade to LibreELEC should still be possible, but I would suggest upgrading OpenELEC from within the user interface as far as it will go, and change your skin to the default, before you attempt to switch to LibreELEC.  If memory serves me correctly, I think you can just copy the install image to the update folder and reboot your device.  The biggest problem you are likely to face going forward is that some of your banned repos may try to update native Kodi dependencies, and the unauthorized version could possibly break things if you just accept every foreign update without understanding what they are doing and why.

*TEXT REMOVED BY MODERATOR*

After you have cleaned and upgraded your box, a LibreELEC repository will be added that contains updates for the TVheadend components, and it should offer to upgrade those components automatically if necessary.  Disable all PVR clients except for the TVheadend PVR client, and disable the zap2xml addon (at least temporarily), then reboot and see if the missing channels appear.  You need to establish that a basic TVheadend configuation works before complicating things with other PVR related addons or plugins.
The forum moderators have determined that banned addons (wiki) are present on your system. To receive assistance here, these banned items must be removed. If a clean log is not submitted within 3 days, then the relevant post(s) will be removed after this time.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
@MB32

Which part of the Kodi forum rules (wiki) regarding discussion (positive or negative) of piracy add-ons is not clear to you?
OP here...I upgraded to libreelec a couple days ago, so this problem has been resolved. 

I don't use any of the addons that apparently run afoul of the rules. Can I remove addons/repos without breaking the system?
(2019-04-05, 14:09)Klojum Wrote: Which part of the Kodi forum rules (wiki) regarding discussion (positive or negative) of piracy add-ons is not clear to you?
What part of my post did you find objectionable?  The rules explicitly forbid linking to banned add-ons.  I see no place where it says "dont tell people which repos they should remove".  Since you permitted the O.P. to post a log containing names of these addons and repos, how can it be wrong when I tell him which ones to remove?  The rules say fair use exceptions apply for testing & debugging purposes.  In this particular case, I think it is important to warn people when something can break their system.  In this case it is not merely a copyright issue -- it really is a debugging issue that comports with the intent of the rules.  If we dont warn him about it, he might reinstall this stuff after he upgrades because he does not understand the risks.
(2019-04-05, 14:18)mrfeh Wrote: OP here...I upgraded to libreelec a couple days ago, so this problem has been resolved. 
After everything we did to help you, it would have been nice if you posted here "a couple days ago" to say the problem was resolved, so we did not waste any more time.
Quote:I don't use any of the addons that apparently run afoul of the rules. Can I remove addons/repos without breaking the system?
Yes you can.  In fact, one of the repos containing the letters "il" will break your system if you do not remove it. That is part of what I was trying to say in the previous message.
(2019-04-05, 14:51)MB32 Wrote:
(2019-04-05, 14:18)mrfeh Wrote: OP here...I upgraded to libreelec a couple days ago, so this problem has been resolved. 
After everything we did to help you, it would have been nice if you posted here "a couple days ago" to say the problem was resolved, so we did not waste any more time.

Point taken, although when I upgraded to libreelec (which was actually yesterday, 4/4), it had been 5 days since anybody posted in this thread, so I did not think anybody was still spending time on my issue.
Quote:I did not think anybody was still spending time on my issue.
I am not really angry, just mildly annoyed because I had to type a long post for nothing.  Many of us do not have enough free time to visit the forum every day.  But if you leave an issue open, someone will eventually get around to working on it.  If I see that nobody else had time to respond, and its something I have experience with, I will try to help when I can.  Sometimes it can take weeks to get a reply, but that does not mean people are deliberately ignoring you.
I am running the current TVheadend server and TVheadend client 4.4.18.2 in a fresh installation of Kodi on LibreElec 9.1.002 on a brand-new Raspberry Pi 4.  I have been running TVheadend for a couple of years without issue on a Raspberry Pi 3 running on OpenElec but the old Pi began getting a bit too warm and the Pi 4 seemed a good idea.  I am using Hauppauge DualHD Usb ATSC TV tuner that is almost new and has always worked fine. 

Because I have been using TVheadend for a while, I knew that 29 channels should be found when I ran a scan.  All the channels were found but only 14 of those 29 were mapped.  I had to go back and map the others manually.  A pain in the neck, yes, but no amount of remapping services would fix the problem.  I have had to manually map channels before in my previous installations of TVheadend so I wasn't so surprised. 

Once mapped, all of my 34 channels play well in the TVheadend web interface and on TVheadend clients apps installed on my Windows laptop, my android tablet, my iPhone and my Nvidia Shield Android TV.  The problem is, only the channels that were automatically mapped during the TVheadend setup show up in the TVheadend client in Kodi and in the Kodi web interface.  The channels I mapped manually do not show up. This has never happened before during several previous installations that involved manually mapping channels.  I have studied this problem all day and have not yet found a resolution. 

Here's what I have tried so far...

Double checked that all my channels have channel tags and correct priorities.
Attempted to remap services automatically with no success.
Reset all TVheadend client and server settings to default.  Cleared all TVheadend settings.  Rebooted system. 
Uninstalled both client and server.  Rebooted system.  
Reinstalled client and server. 
There was no change in the TVheadend guide or available channels after any of these things.  Still only the original 14. 

The only thing I haven't done is SSH into the Pi 4 to delete service/tvheadend42.  That will require a complete rebuilding of my channel lineup.  I don't watch Tvheadend inside Kodi very often.  I mostly use my client devices and they list all my 29 channels in perfect high definition. 

I suppose this could be a bug.  The Pi and its operating system are new but TVheadend is not. 

Can anyone help out here?
(2019-03-27, 03:27)MB32 Wrote: It is uncommon but possible for the PVR manager settings to become corrupted in a way that produces duplicate or missing channels in the guide.  What platform are you running Kodi on?  Is the OS on an SD card?  Where does the server reside?  Here are some things you could try.

• Disable any other PVR clients.  In Settings / PVR / General, reset settings to default and select clear data.  Do the same under Guide.  Then restart Kodi to see if it makes a difference.
  • Uninstall all PVR clients, restart Kodi, and reinstall the tvheadend client.
  • Perform an integrity check on the file system using whatever tools are appropriate for your platform.  (I have seen corrupted SD cards cause problems)
  • Install Kodi on a different platform and configure the tvheadend PVR client to access the same server.  If the issue persists you may have found a bug in the PVR client.  In Settings / System / Logging, enable component-specific logging for PVR and EPG components.  Then restart Kodi, enter the guide, briefly play one of the visible SD channels under the malfunctioning station, stop playback, disable logging, upload the log for someone to review.

I just followed the first 2 reset and clear and it fixed my issue with the guide issues I've had since the last 2 updates randomly missing channels.

Thanks MB32!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
some tvheadend channels not showing up in kodi guide0