• 2(current)
Release [ARTWORK PACK] Characterart PNG's for Movies/Moviesets
@"chrissix" Any objections to add this to the site (kyradb.com) as well and make it also available through the API?
Proud owner of comics42.shop 
And another awesome Artwork Pack! Looking great and love it Wink
Keep up the great Work, @"chrissix"

(I now just need to figure out how to get it to work - absolute noob here! Big Grin )
(2019-04-26, 13:16)rschiks Wrote: @"chrissix" Any objections to add this to the site (kyradb.com) as well and make it also available through the API?
No, no objections, do it do it!

I have often suggested the guys from fanart.tv to unlock Characterarts for movies too. It would only be a few mouse clicks. With my video showcases i have also shown that it looks really eyecandy and enough content is available, but no interest. I then realized the project on my own. Since Kodi Krypton custom artwork types are possible and therefore not have to adapt anything in the kodi core, it's really easy to implement.

But be aware:
  • There is no uniformity in resolution, file size and aspect ratio - all mixed.
  • Most content is not original from web sources anymore, most full sized artwork i cut off the bottom cause it was looking better for my skin needs, place on a seperator/edge/floor texture like clearart. It did not look good on me when the arts floated in the air on my end. If my skin background was dark most of the time, it would not have looked so bad because dark backgrounds look like a floor to the eye and might not have made the cuts, but my skin often has bright backgrounds.

Do you just want to offer the arts or associate them with the movies?
If so, there are a few things to keep in mind:
  • Some arts were also copied by fanart.tv where the movie is based on a tvshow. That means the character is in agreement, but maybe not the age of the characters or the costume (aka the 100% right appearence)
Examples: The X-Files, Stargate SG-1 Movies, South Park, Battlestar Galactica Movies, Simpsons, Star Wars Clone Wars Theatre Pilot...
  • Some character arts can be difficult to accurately associate with a movie unless you research it very closely. What I mean by that is, for example, the Iron Man suit comes in 10 Marvel movies and it is difficult which Iron Man PNG belongs to which movie. Same problem in general with franchise characters like in Marvel, DC and Star Wars. For franchise movies, not everything fits 100% here and has choosen it according to my own feelings.
  • Same problem for example for Ice Age Characters, they are published for one specific Ice Age Movie but fit on every Ice Age movie, or the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles fits on both movies but arts were published from a specific one.
If you want to do that exactly you have to research very carefully!

Most sources i used:
https://www.deviantart.com/
https://www.kisspng.com/
https://fanart.tv/
And this is a very special eyecandy thread with real high quality renderings from content creators, the best i got from there: https://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=198179

greeting, Chris
(2019-04-26, 14:23)WolverineCTX Wrote: And another awesome Artwork Pack! Looking great and love it Wink
Keep up the great Work, @"chrissix"

(I now just need to figure out how to get it to work - absolute noob here! Big Grin )
You're welcome!
You are already further than I was after months. You already have all the tools. A little trial and error and it works!
(2019-04-26, 15:17)chrissix Wrote:
(2019-04-26, 13:16)rschiks Wrote: @"chrissix" Any objections to add this to the site (kyradb.com) as well and make it also available through the API?
No, no objections, do it do it!

I have often suggested the guys from fanart.tv to unlock Characterarts for movies too. It would only be a few mouse clicks. With my video showcases i have also shown that it looks really eyecandy and enough content is available, but no interest. I then realized the project on my own. Since Kodi Krypton custom artwork types are possible and therefore not have to adapt anything in the kodi core, it's really easy to implement.

But be aware:
  • There is no uniformity in resolution, file size and aspect ratio - all mixed.
  • Most content is not original from web sources anymore, most full sized artwork i cut off the bottom cause it was looking better for my skin needs, place on a seperator/edge/floor texture like clearart. It did not look good on me when the arts floated in the air on my end. If my skin background was dark most of the time, it would not have looked so bad because dark backgrounds look like a floor to the eye and might not have made the cuts, but my skin often has bright backgrounds.

Do you just want to offer the arts or associate them with the movies?
If so, there are a few things to keep in mind:
  • Some arts were also copied by fanart.tv where the movie is based on a tvshow. That means the character is in agreement, but maybe not the age of the characters or the costume (aka the 100% right appearence)
Examples: The X-Files, Stargate SG-1 Movies, South Park, Battlestar Galactica Movies, Simpsons, Star Wars Clone Wars Theatre Pilot...
  • Some character arts can be difficult to accurately associate with a movie unless you research it very closely. What I mean by that is, for example, the Iron Man suit comes in 10 Marvel movies and it is difficult which Iron Man PNG belongs to which movie. Same problem in general with franchise characters like in Marvel, DC and Star Wars. For franchise movies, not everything fits 100% here and has choosen it according to my own feelings.
  • Same problem for example for Ice Age Characters, they are published for one specific Ice Age Movie but fit on every Ice Age movie, or the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles fits on both movies but arts were published from a specific one.
If you want to do that exactly you have to research very carefully!

Most sources i used:
https://www.deviantart.com/
https://www.kisspng.com/
https://fanart.tv/
And this is a very special eyecandy thread with real high quality renderings from content creators, the best i got from there: https://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=198179

greeting, Chris 
Cool!

I am going to associate the art with the movie. Just like I did with the animated gifs.

I think we just need to start somewhere. If any art is unsure to which movie it belongs we can always ask the community here  Shy If at one time there's better art for a movie I can hide the old art. It won't be visible on the site (and API) anymore, but I won't delete it from the server. In the future I will also add tv shows.

Hopefully people will also add character art over here. I see the other thread is very active (actresses), the animated posters less.

The actresses I would also like to add. At the moment I import the actors from tmdb as well (and have the tmdbid) so I can easily make a match.
Added the first 150 images of your pack to the database. It's a start!
@"chrissix"  All the images in the add-on are now imported. I have added in total 430 images. All are available via the API. If new images are being posted here I will add them to the database as well.
(2019-04-30, 21:48)rschiks Wrote: @chrissix  All the images in the add-on are now imported. I have added in total 430 images. All are available via the API. If new images are being posted here I will add them to the database as well.
Great! I like the idea and I hope soon API implementations of programs/addons will take place!
The thread was originally not intended for content contribution, just an offer of my currently used art collection.
I had thousands of pictures, but unfortunately i deleted all the ones i did not want to use and i did not like, so here are just all the characterarts i have in use.
My art content is not static, but dynamic ... i always exchange something or change something, sometimes I delete something.
But well, i do it also that way, in future share all of my new/exchanged characterarts of my current collection individually in posts.
(There will sometimes be double content, as please match with the images that are already online before upload)
Exchanged: Captain Marvel (2019)
Alternative:
New: John Wick (2014)
New: Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse (2018)
New:

How to Train Your Dragon (2010)
How to Train Your Dragon 2 (2014)
How to Train Your Dragon - The Hidden World (2019)
New: Suspiria (2018)
New: Dredd (2012)
Exchanged: Tomb Raider (2001)
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[ARTWORK PACK] Characterart PNG's for Movies/Moviesets3