SMB issues on Xbox One
i have no problems connecting to my SMB shares using Kodi 18.1 on my Xbox One, however...

first issue: if i have SMB shares on 2 different hosts, and one of those hosts is down, i get the spinning animation indefinitely whenever i attempt to access the share on the host that *is* online. when this happens, i am forced to quit out of Kodi using the xbox guide, and then power-on the SMB server that is offline before starting Kodi again.

second issue: the files accessed over SMB don't seem to have date information, so this means i cannot sort by date. Kodi running on Windows has no problem accessing/showing file date information for the same SMB shares.

i'm hoping i just missed something in the configuration. thanks in advance.
(2019-03-28, 02:55)gitman Wrote: i have no problems connecting to my SMB shares using Kodi 18.1 on my Xbox One, however...

first issue: if i have SMB shares on 2 different hosts, and one of those hosts is down, i get the spinning animation indefinitely whenever i attempt to access the share on the host that *is* online. when this happens, i am forced to quit out of Kodi using the xbox guide, and then power-on the SMB server that is offline before starting Kodi again.

second issue: the files accessed over SMB don't seem to have date information, so this means i cannot sort by date. Kodi running on Windows has no problem accessing/showing file date information for the same SMB shares.

SMB isn't yet supported.  This is like the first line in the "known issues" thread.
(2019-05-02, 16:14)obveron Wrote:
(2019-03-28, 02:55)gitman Wrote: i have no problems connecting to my SMB shares using Kodi 18.1 on my Xbox One, however...

SMB isn't yet supported.  This is like the first line in the "known issues" thread.

there is an SMB plugin, and it works.
(2019-05-02, 17:14)gitman Wrote:

Ok, I thought that was just for test builds.  Is it possible that the known issues thread is out of date in that regard?
(2019-05-02, 20:54)obveron Wrote: Ok, I thought that was just for test builds.  Is it possible that the known issues thread is out of date in that regard? 

Seems like everything Xbox related is outdated on this forum. Real helpful for us trying to get it running.

Can you tell me where I can find this usefull plugin? Big Grin
(2019-05-14, 02:28)malar413 Wrote:
(2019-05-02, 16:14)obveron Wrote: SMB isn't yet supported.  This is like the first line in the "known issues" thread. 

it's in add-ons. I don't remember entirely, but it is either an already-installed plugin that is disabled by default, or it's something that you have to download from the base Kodi add-ons repo. lmk if you can't find it and I'll confirm where it is.
(2019-05-14, 02:38)gitman Wrote:
(2019-05-14, 02:28)malar413 Wrote:
(2019-05-02, 17:14)gitman Wrote: there is an SMB plugin, and it works. 

it's in add-ons. I don't remember entirely, but it is either an already-installed plugin that is disabled by default, or it's something that you have to download from the base Kodi add-ons repo. lmk if you can't find it and I'll confirm where it is. 
Oh I find it ! Thanks for the clue! It will be really usefull.
(2019-05-14, 02:58)malar413 Wrote:
(2019-05-14, 02:38)gitman Wrote:
(2019-05-14, 02:28)malar413 Wrote: Can you tell me where I can find this usefull plugin? Big Grin 

Oh I find it ! Thanks for the clue! It will be really usefull.
*found
I spent hours almost days trying to get to this post to fix the problem of my XB1 not seeing the attached USB drive on my WD NAS. Why isn't SMB automatically on in the XBox version of KodiHuh
BIG THANKYOU to the OP for starting this post, for without it I was a sad panda!!
(2019-05-14, 02:58)malar413 Wrote: Oh I find it ! Thanks for the clue! It will be really usefull. 
What is the name of the smb addon for xbox one?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
SMB issues on Xbox One0