Solved Problem with Smart Playlist
Kodi v18.1; Windows 10; Aeon Nox Silvo v7.0.1

I have three Sources in my Video Movie Library - D:/Main Movies; D:/Kids Movies; D:/Home Movies.
These are also listed separately in my Main Menu.
The Smart Playlists I have created for Kids Movies and Home Movies appear to work fine.
However the Smart Playlist I have created for Main Movies, to exclude Kids Movies and Home Movies, does not appear to be working.
In the smart playlist I have two Rules - one for each source I am wanting to exclude.
I have used Path with the Operator "does not contain", then browsed to D:/Kids Movies (and similar rule for D:/Home Movies).
But the excluded videos still appear in Main Movies.
I also tried the "is not" operator, but didn't seem to make any difference.
Any ideas what I am doing wrong?

In the widget I have created for Main Movies, I used the smart playlist that I had created for Main Movies, but the excluded videos still appear in the widget.
Post a screenshot of the Playlist editor so we can see all your settings.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2019-03-28, 07:35)Karellen Wrote: Post a screenshot of the Playlist editor so we can see all your settings.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
<smartplaylist type="movies">
    <name>Main Movies</name>
    <match>one</match>
    <rule field="path" operator="isnot">
        <value>D:\Home Movies\</value>
    </rule>
        <value>D:\Kids Movies\</value>
    </rule>
</smartplaylist>
(2019-03-28, 08:41)Nordo Wrote:
(2019-03-28, 07:35)Karellen Wrote: Post a screenshot of the Playlist editor so we can see all your settings.

<name>Main Movies</name>
    <match>one</match>
    </rule>
    </rule>
</smartplaylist> 
Note that I had tried <match>all</match> as well, with the same negative result.
(2019-03-28, 08:41)Nordo Wrote:

<name>Main Movies</name>
    <match>one</match>
    </rule>
    </rule>
</smartplaylist> 
when i create one i get
xml:
    <name>test</name>
    <match>all</match>
        <value>E:\Blu-Ray\</value>
    </rule>
        <value>E:\dvd\</value>
    </rule>
</smartplaylist>
Try this instead...

xml:
<name>Main Movies</name>
<match>one</match>
<rule field="path" operator="startswith">
</rule>
</rule>
</smartplaylist>

isnot is too restrictive. Use startswith.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2019-03-28, 08:56)Karellen Wrote: Try this instead...

xml:
<name>Main Movies</name>
<match>one</match>
</rule>
</rule>
</smartplaylist>
isnot is too restrictive. Use startswith.
But I'm trying to stop D:/Kids Movies and D:/Home Movies from being included with Main Movies.
oops. Give me a few minutes.
My Signature
@Nordo,

Sorry but I cannot get that to work. In certain cases there is an issue when combining multiple clauses, and this is one of those times.

Instead of excluding those folders, what about only including the folders you want? They seem to be in separate folders already.

Remember to use startswith.
My Signature
(2019-03-28, 09:55)Karellen Wrote: @Nordo,

Sorry but I cannot get that to work. In certain cases there is an issue when combining multiple clauses, and this is one of those times.

Instead of excluding those folders, what about only including the folders you want? They seem to be in separate folders already.

@Karellen
Thanks Karellen, I'll give that a try.
Cheers
You were too quick for me, I made a small edit to my previous post, just reminding you to use startswith

Let me know if that works better so I can keep it in mind next time somebody asks.
My Signature
(2019-03-28, 09:57)Nordo Wrote:
(2019-03-28, 09:55)Karellen Wrote: @Nordo,

@Karellen
Thanks Karellen, I'll give that a try.
Cheers 

@Karellen 
Thanks, that did it.
Looks like the negative operators don't work too well.
Great. I'll mark this solved.
My Signature
Thread marked solved.
My Signature
(2019-03-28, 09:59)Karellen Wrote: You were too quick for me, I made a small edit to my previous post, just reminding you to use startswith

Let me know if that works better so I can keep it in mind next time somebody asks.

Yep, I used "Starts with". Wink

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Problem with Smart Playlist0