script.common.plugin.cache for py3
I am converting my addon to py3 and have run into issues as my addon depends on common plugin cache
There are a few py3 incompatible statements in this addon such as encode('utf-8') and decode('utf-8') which I removed for testing as py3 is all unicode
however running into problems when using the addon with str/byte handling in the addon.
Any idea who maintains the common plugin cache as it needs to be updated for py3 compatibility

Thanks
Kodi 21 Windows 10 and 11 | 21 Xbox One X | 21 Linux Mint Virginia XFCE | CoreELEC NO 21 nightly S905X4 aarch64
IMO this module was made a long time ago, when general python cache/database modules weren't as mature as they are now. Today you should just use those generic ones instead of this.
(2019-03-31, 11:18)V8MEM Wrote: IMO this module was made a long time ago, when general python cache/database modules weren't as mature as they are now. Today you should just use those generic ones instead of this.

Which generic ones you refer too ?
(2019-04-02, 10:55)bigretromike Wrote:
(2019-03-31, 11:18)V8MEM Wrote: IMO this module was made a long time ago, when general python cache/database modules weren't as mature as they are now. Today you should just use those generic ones instead of this.

Which generic ones you refer too ? 
I ran into the same issue:

File "C:\Users\name\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.common.plugin.cache\lib\StorageServer.py", line 74, in __init__
                                                if not self.xbmcvfs.exists(self.path.decode('utf8', 'ignore')):
                                            AttributeError: 'str' object has no attribute 'decode'

Any idea?
Fixed by anxdpanic here:
https://github.com/anxdpanic/script.comm.../issues/14
Thats fantastic News, Thanks @anxdpanic
Kodi 21 Windows 10 and 11 | 21 Xbox One X | 21 Linux Mint Virginia XFCE | CoreELEC NO 21 nightly S905X4 aarch64

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
script.common.plugin.cache for py30